Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

How many big teams have actually gone bust in the last 10 years?
We were pulling in crowds of over 20,000. With that kind of cashflow there's always an alternative to 'going bust.'

And without new players etc how long would those 20k have still turned up. we are still losing money witb crowds in excess of that.

Well I think it would be well out of order if you did.

If he did it is written down in unwritten law that everyone teases him about being a bandwagon jumper, glory hunting Johnny come lately.

This is pretty much the case for any of our little crowd who miss a match and is trebbled if more than one in a row is missed. Along the lines of sorry have we ever met before?, I don't recognise you, do you need us to explain any of the rules to you? Offside etc? That guy there is known as the referee. Etc etc.

Well I think it would be well out of order if you did.
Oh, please do tell why that might be. Love to hear this fascinating code of conduct that suddenly makes it 'out of order' for passionate, live long Cardiff fans to go watch a game. Or should it be seen as a form of punishment for failing to clap along with Tan's whimsically trashing of the club's heritage and tradition?

And without new players etc how long would those 20k have still turned up. we are still losing money witb crowds in excess of that.
Maybe we'd drop a division or two but at last be free from the whims of our foreign owners who have already shown they don't give a flying fuck about the club's tradition.

But seeing as you're such a big supporter of our new overlords, perhaps you might detail the actual benefits that have been brought about by of us playing in red, or having a badge turned into a Wrexham knock-off or making the club play under the ludicrous strapline of Fire and Passion? They've no said that the investment would have come anyway, so why have you accepted it without a whimper?

Oh, please do tell why that might be. Love to hear this fascinating code of conduct that suddenly makes it 'out of order' for passionate, live long Cardiff fans to go watch a game. Or should it be seen as a form of punishment for failing to clap along with Tan's whimsically trashing of the club's heritage and tradition?

But by your own admission you are no longer a passionate Cardiff City fan. If you cant be arsed to support the club this season how can anyone take you seriously if you suddenly want a ticket if we reach a cup final? cant you see what might be wrong with that?

But by your own admission you are no longer a passionate Cardiff City fan. If you cant be arsed to support the club this season how can anyone take you seriously if you suddenly want a ticket if we reach a cup final? cant you see what might be wrong with that?
I'm not a passionate supporter of the rebranded RedBlueDragonBirds CCFC 'Fire & Passion' experience and I'm not stupid enough to blindly go along with Tan's ego-driven whims.
I'll always love the club though.

Now, how about you detail the actual benefits that have come from all these tradition-shredding changes?

I'm not a passionate supporter of the rebranded RedBlueDragonBirds CCFC 'Fire & Passion' experience and I'm not stupid enough to blindly go along with Tan's ego-driven whims.
I'll always love the club though.

Now, how about you detail the actual benefits that have come from all these tradition-shredding changes?

You wont be wanting any cup final tickets then will you?

I would have thought the squad we have assembled was evidence of the benefits.

You wont be wanting any cup final tickets then will you?

I would have thought the squad we have assembled was evidence of the benefits.
Tan has said that the money would have come regardless of the rebranding.
So, please could you explain the benefits of us playing in red, having a sub-Wrexham badge and a shit corporate strapline? You went along with this, so please tell me why.

Also the fact that it says Fire & Passion with a bloody ampersand instead of the word "and" really really does my head in! It is embarrassingly poor

Ridsdale banned from being company director!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177
High-profile football club chairman Peter Ridsdale has been disqualified from acting as a company director for seven and a half years.
Mr Ridsdale, currently chairman of Preston North End, was banned following an Insolvency Service investigation.
The inquiry found that the 60-year-old channelled payments from football clubs into his personal bank account instead of a company account.
The company, a sports consultancy, collapsed owing £442,353 in tax.
The finding does not relate to his footballing duties as chairman of various clubs

It could only happen at Cardiff. users of ccmb demanding that Malky provides and explanation of his transfer policy as we have £3.5m worth of player on the bench in Kimbo and Veli whatshisface that cant get a game. If we were bottom fair enough, but right now i dont think he has to explain fuck all to anyone.

Abysmal. I'm looking forward to League 1.
I wish I'd wake up and we were back in Div 4, crushing all before us and heading off for Euro jaunts courtesy of the Welsh Cup.
Infinitely more fun than following the cash-extracting, corporate-rebranded monster business we've turned into.

The fact that you're comparing a football club to a multi-national supermarket chain speaks absolute volumes.

So just to reiterate: you believe that fans shouldn't expect to be be involved in any aspect of the running of the club, yes?

No. i am just being a realist. Football clubs ceased being about community years ago. Football clubs have tho continued to enjoy a romantic realtionship with HMRC and ther creditors, a sort of protected status that said they couldnt be allowed to go oit of business. the sooner everyone woke up to the fact that that is not the case the better. Like it or not we are now part of the bigger picture and the only way to stay in that picture is to get rich investors aboard.

the alternative is to go and watch Orient, or Leyton Orient, or London Orient of whatever they are called this week. Now that is selling your history. Atleast cardiff have not even been threatened with a name change, apart from when Sam came up with the idea. An idea never opposed by the same people now crying foul!

Back
Top Bottom