Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

'twas sweet as can be.

Bellamy made the difference when he came on. It was like the team came alive.

Am I pissed, or was the on-screen score on the football league show shown with the abbreviation for "Cardiff" in blue /white, and that for "Leeds" in white / blue, despite Cardiff playing in red and Leeds in Blue...

:confused:

And if so, was that a deliberate "fuck modern football" decision, or has someone not been paying attention?

I nearly forgot to mention...

He eats what he wants,
He eats what he waaaants,
Paddy Kenny,
He eats what he wants.

Funniest chant of the year so far.

I nearly forgot to mention...

He eats what he wants,
He eats what he waaaants,
Paddy Kenny,
He eats what he wants.

Funniest chant of the year so far.

We sang it the week before for Ebanks-Blake. I predict every slightly stocky football who plays at CCS will get it this year.

The long running London-based Cardiff City supporters club, the 1927 Club, voted 90% against the changes and as a result has now just about disbanded.

Fuck. You. Vincent. Tan.

The long running London-based Cardiff City supporters club, the 1927 Club, voted 90% against the changes and as a result has now just about disbanded.

Fuck. You. Vincent. Tan.
Ed we haven't just about disbanded

we have had some proper rows and a very high percentage of us are not going to any City games

Ed we haven't just about disbanded

we have had some proper rows and a very high percentage of us are not going to any City games
Well, that's how S++++ sees it. Seeing as the 1927 club was all about meeting up and going to City games together I'm not sure what the real point in joining is any more.

Perhaps you could help me out on that one!

Well, that's how S++++ sees it. Seeing as the 1927 club was all about meeting up and going to City games together I'm not sure what the real point in joining is any more.

Perhaps you could help me out on that one!

well you can still meet up and city are still playing games that you can go and watch. i dont see the problem.

well you can still meet up and city are still playing games that you can go and watch. i dont see the problem.
So you really don't give a fuck that some of City's most loyal fans - you know the ones that used to keep the club alive when we were deep down in the basement - have been completely disenfranchised by Vincent Tan's RedBlueDragonBirds?

Do you just view them as collateral damage to the Nu Brand Future?

So you really don't give a fuck that some of City's most loyal fans - you know the ones that used to keep the club alive when we were deep down in the basement - have been completely disenfranchised by Vincent Tan's RedBlueDragonBirds?

Do you just view them as collateral damage to the Nu Brand Future?
They havent been tho have they, They can still meet up and there is still a football club to watch.

They havent been tho have they, They can still meet up and there is still a football club to watch.
Meet up and do what, exactly? Watch a pointlessly rebranded, renamed, rebadged team that bears so little resemblance to the team they've followed for years on end, that they now feel uncomfortable and disenfranchised being there. Yeah, that's going to be a magnificent day out.

Fuck Vincent Tan and fuck all the fans that jump when he says 'jump'.

Nearly all 27 Club is against the red shite

Lots of them are no longer going

Some are

Club still exists as we are still mates, though it is now a bit, ahem, factionalised. 1 person (out of 100+) of its membership is openly pro-red (as they have bought the party line)

Some met in pub before Millwall (as every time we play them) then stayed in pub instead of going to the match

As much as I usually enjoy a nice bit of schadenfreude when it comes to internal bickerings amongst supporters of clubs other than my own I have to confess that this one saddens me.

Surely logic would dictate that even if you aint going to go along to matches you still stick together because Chairmen come and go and its obvious that eventually this daft rebranding thing will get over-turned ? I can fully understand the boycott of matches but surely you are all mates as well ?

Maybe I should not stick my nose in but its rather unedifying to read and even though I dont even think you should be in an English league I still have a lot of respect for you as loyal football fans who have had to contend with one of the biggest horror stories modern football.

The thing was it was our love for the team that made us bond. Now that they club (as we know it) has been taken away from us, there's not much else we can do but moan about how shit things are, and that's not my idea of a fun day out.

My biggest regret in all this is that a rival Cardiff City club didn't start up. I'd rather watch them play in the Dai The Farmer League, then be part of this whimsical billionaire exhibition of vanity.

I'm a Fulham fan but went along to The Den the other evening to watch you completely outclass a very, very poor Millwall team.

Anyway.....whenever Millwall sang their famous "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll!' single syllabled 'song' you lot responded by holding you arms out above you heads, waves your hands and then touched your head islamic stylie. Was very, very funny but how's you all do it in time???

I'm a Fulham fan but went along to The Den the other evening to watch you completely outclass a very, very poor Millwall team.

Anyway.....whenever Millwall sang their famous "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll!' single syllabled 'song' you lot responded by holding you arms out above you heads, waves your hands and then touched your head islamic stylie. Was very, very funny but how's you all do it in time???

Cardiff have been doing that one for years

That's video is terrifying awful. I had to turn it off after about 30 seconds.

Here's one take on how the celebration came about:
Huw Owen was even more precise. "In June 1989, the Ayatollah Khomeini died. In the autumn of 1990 there was an earthquake which killed 35,000 Iranians. Both events were accompanied by the traditional Iranian sign of mourning, tapping both hands against the forehead.

On September 15, 1990, Cardiff played away at Lincoln. It ended up a 0-0 draw. Whether we missed an open goal or just played direly, there was a mood of sombreness over the small crowd (about 120 or so) of Cardiff supporters who'd made the long trek to Lincolnshire.

One of their number decided to encapsulate this by mimicking the signs of grief displayed by Iranians so profoundly and continuously on our TV screens over the preceding months."

It took off later that season, he continues, during a match at Hereford, when the original perpetrator - "fuelled by some of the local apple-based brew" - got up on the fence in front of the Cardiff fans and led the wailing and metaphorical gnashing of teeth.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/jan/14/sport.comment

That is indeed painful to watch.

So its not a specific thing saved for millwall then? Shame as it felt like it the other night.

On another issue. Are Millwall really 'that' bad or was that just an average Championship team on display?

That story of how it came about is entirely accurate. Phil Stead (whose new Wales book I trail in the Wales thread elsewhere on this thread) started it, with Gwilym and a couple of others, at Lincoln

The thing was it was our love for the team that made us bond. Now that they club (as we know it) has been taken away from us, there's not much else we can do but moan about how shit things are, and that's not my idea of a fun day out.

My biggest regret in all this is that a rival Cardiff City club didn't start up. I'd rather watch them play in the Dai The Farmer League, then be part of this whimsical billionaire exhibition of vanity.

Would have certainly boosted the Welsh League.

2 nil up at half tiem, lose 3-2!!

See, change the colour of the shirts, but its the same old Cardiff City.

Laughing stock of the league. When Palace are taking the piss you may as well not bother.

bluebirdsextinct.jpg

Laughing stock of the league. When Palace are taking the piss you may as well not bother.

bluebirdsextinct.jpg

Would this be the Cardiff that hasnt gone into administration and has honoured its debts, and would this be Crystal Palace the club has has fucked over plenty of small local businesses over the years by not honouring their debts?

I know which club has probably got more reason to hold its head up!

Back
Top Bottom