Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

So I must have a job or shares with the club just because i dont share the ed's opinion?
It's not just a matter of not sharing my opinion. You've done your best to try and promote an environment in this thread where all negative comment is censored, and have been quick to dismiss and patronise anyone not joining in with your love of Corporate Clapalong Cardiff.

So I must have a job or shares with the club just because i dont share the ed's opinion?
don't be silly!
just that you appear to be trying to stop any negative points about the rebranding and way it has been handled. this is a discussion board you know!

e2a - ed covered it!

I hate the rebranding but not quite with the same venom as many here. As Gromit says, I see it is a rough patch, and I’m sticking with them for now. Crazy owners come and go and eventually our ‘red’ season(s) will be a footnote in history. I actually disagree that we’ve become a laughing stock. I think most genuine football fans feel sorry for us, it could happen to anyone in modern football. I can accept the banter because I know I’d dish it out if Bristol/Reading/Leeds were forced to play in a different colour. I haven’t actually heard anything from away fans yet either. The badge is proper proper shit, but then so was Hammam’s, again we’ll switch back eventually. I’m trying to rationalise it by pretending we’ve just switched our home and away shirts. ;)

I’m not even thirsty for success, I’ve never been bothered by the premiership ‘dream’. It already stretches my finances, but I’m quite happy in the championship.

I keep being reminded by that thread ‘what do you support about your football club’. What do we really support, the players, the manager, the stadium, fellow fans, an idea, tradition? It’s something slightly different for everyone. I could never answer that very well. But I guess my response to this whole debacle is that I care less about tradition/history that I thought.

Most of my enjoyment just comes from having a laugh on a Saturday with my friends, watching live football home or away, enjoying comedy fan chants and celebrating goals. All that is still there for me, I really genuinely enjoyed Saturday’s game, I think the beer also erased any guilt, I didn’t even think about the shirt colour until I got home.

However, I fully understand how different aspects of following a club mean more to each person. I do believe our tradition has been trampled over, so I can understand Ed and PaulD’s reaction, I respect their opinion on the matter and wouldn’t want you to censor it, or attempt to change you mind if that’s what you believe.

I guess I most hate how divisive it has been for fellow fans, that reason alone makes me hate the rebranding more than anything else, let’s hope we can be reunited under blue as soon as possible.

I guess I most hate how divisive it has been for fellow fans, that reason alone makes me hate the rebranding more than anything else, let’s hope we can be reunited under blue as soon as possible.
Indeed. We were once some of the best, most passionate, most united fans in the country. We were as one voice, through thick and thin.

And now look what these cunts have turned us into.

Indeed. We were once some of the best, most passionate, most united fans in the country. We were as one voice, through thick and thin.

And now look what these cunts have turned us into.

We will be again. Fans who fall on both sides do so for the same reason. One side loves the club so much they don't want to see tradition, heritage trampled and twisted into a corporate brand exercise. The other side loves the club so much they don't want to see the shirt colour ruin a great source of enjoyment in their lives and want to support the club more fiercely than ever through the bad times. I don't think anyone is less of a fan either way.

We will be again. Fans who fall on both sides do so for the same reason. One side loves the club so much they don't want to see tradition, heritage trampled and twisted into a corporate brand exercise. The other side loves the club so much they don't want to see the shirt colour ruin a great source of enjoyment in their lives and want to support the club more fiercely than ever through the bad times. I don't think anyone is less of a fan either way.
But read the City noticeboards and you'll see some real animosity has built up between fans over this issue. Just like on here.

Imagine! Life long Cardiff fans holding an opinion that doesn't match what our new owners want!

Best try and silence them again, eh 1927?

Imagine! Life long Cardiff fans holding an opinion that doesn't match what our new owners want!

That's every season for every club.

Even in the season we got to the FA Cup final I heard fans shouting to the owners that Dave Jones should be sacked and others saying Sam Hamman should come back.

We all know better than the manager and the owners. Fact!

I don't think I've ever heard many people wanting Hamman back, but I still remain unconvinced that sacking Dave Jones was the greatest idea. Look at his record now!

Annis Abrahams mob want Sam Hamman back. Brainwashed idiots who liked being Sam's pet idiots.

Best try and silence them again, eh 1927?

What the fuck are you on about now? Who am I trying to silence?

Not much to add but just saw a guy at the gym with the new badge as a tattoo, and two kids down the park with the new shirt, this shit is sticking.

Saying that the guy wit the tattoo should be shot, probably be changed by next season.

What the fuck are you on about now? Who am I trying to silence?
Have you forgotten your own words already? :facepalm:

Why, only a few posts ago you were trying your best to censor all negative Cardiff chat insisting that all the "whining and bitching" should be taken off this thread.

Have you forgotten your own words already? :facepalm:

Why, only a few posts ago you were trying your best to censor all negative Cardiff chat insisting that all the "whining and bitching" should be taken off this thread.

Only because I wanted a thread about FOOTBALL, remember that, its a game played by 11 players a side kicking a spherical leather/vinyl thing around!

Only because I wanted a thread about FOOTBALL, remember that, its a game played by 11 players a side kicking a spherical leather/vinyl thing around!
Q. Do any other club threads in this forum have similar restrictions?
A. No

Club football forums split out the discussions into themes. The last match, new shirts, new players etc. etc. into separate threads. Derails might be discouraged.

We only have one thread for CCFC so everything gets discussed on it. Derailing is not relevant unless the derail is not Cardiff related. Simples imo.

Q. Do any other club threads in this forum have similar restrictions?
A. No

Q.Are any other threads in this forum trolled by someone who spends his time ranting without any reference to whats happening on the pitch?
A.NO

Q.Are any other threads in this forum trolled by someone who spends his time ranting without any reference to whats happening on the pitch?
A.NO
Hang on. So now it's trolling to be talking about Cardiff City related issues on a Cardiff City thread?

What fucking planet are you on?

Simon Insole, RIP.... not very often i say nice things about the law, in fact i cannot think of any other copper i would say nice things about, but he truly was one of the good guys.

0,,10335~11199737,00.jpg

Simon Insole, RIP.... not very often i say nice things about the law, in fact i cannot think of any other copper i would say nice things about, but he truly was one of the good guys.

0,,10335~11199737,00.jpg

Absolutely top guy Clint, You are right in what you say.

The footy boards are full of respect for him tonight, the words respect, credit to the force and fairness are everywhere. i just read a post that sums it up. If all coppers were like Simon there wouldnt be the nti-police feeling there is in this country. cant say enough about my respect for the man.

RIP Simon, you were one of the good ones!

Back
Top Bottom