Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

I cannot think of a season I have been excited about less.

Football has always been about far more than success on the pitch to me, it is about going down with your mates, camaraderie, feeling part of the ‘Cardiff City family’, sharing the highs and the lows. I felt it was my club. Yes, I know it has always been Sams Club, Clemo’s club or Wrights club, or what ever, but it was possible to feel part of the club.

I don’t feel that anymore. I just feel like a customer and I have no more connection with the club than I do with my bank. It is about far more than the colour of the shirt, I don’t really give a fuck what colour we play in. It is the way the fans have been trampled over without the slightest concern.

If there was any logic behind it it would help, but there is no evidence that this re-branding will bring in any more money and here we are still with massive debts and taking on a player who failed to deliver the business two years ago and paying him £35k a week.

When we signed Bellamy on loan two years ago I was ecstatic. Today – I just yawned. If success and premiership was all I was interested in, I would have stopped watching City a long time ago. My enthusiasm has been ripped out of me.

I will be down there using my season ticket as usual and willing the team on to win, but I get the feeling I am just keeping my seat warm till VT does not need me and sells my seat at twice the price to the prawn sandwich brigade and floats the club on the stock market.

The worst part is that all this has caused a massive rift between fans, with people threatening to ‘bury’ people who turn up in blue. I know the internet is not a fair reflection of what the majority of fans think, but I definitely get the vibe a massive wedge has been driven between the fans and the club really don’t give a shit about this.

I will be at the Huddersfield game next week cos I have a season ticket and don’t want to waste it, not because I am excited about the start of the season.

Despite this, I am praying and hoping the club can prove me wrong. They still have time to redeem themselves.

Who are all these people and what are they hoping to get out of Cardiff?

The current board can be divided into two main groups – Executive directors and Non-Executive directors. The Non-Executives can then be further sub-divided into two groups – UK based directors and non UK based directors.

Dato Tan Tien Ghee is Chairman of the club , overseeing and contributing to all board activities. He is a long term business associate of Vincent Tan. Despite being based in Malaysia , he is a regular attender of board meetings when in the UK.

The Executive directors are Alan Whiteley (Chief Executive Officer) and Doug Lee (Finance Director) , although Doug is not formally listed as a director at Companies House. They are responsible for the day to day decision making and running of the business , working with senior employees such as Julian Jenkins and Wayne Nash.

The UK based Non-Executives are Steve Borley , Michael Isaac , Paul Guy , Mike Hall and Mehmet Dalman.

SB is a long standing director and fan of the club , MI is the second largest shareholder (11%) behind Vincent Tan (36%), PG and MH are the main directors and shareholders of PMG Estates who are major creditors of the club. Mehmet Dalman was introduced onto the board by Vincent Tan due to his extensive experience in finance raising , his knowledge and interest in football matters , and his extensive business connections in the Far East.

All UK non-executive directors attend the vast majority , if not all , board meetings which tend to be held on a quarterly basis or when a specific business matter requiring attention arises.

The non-UK based non-executive directors were all appointed to the board by Vincent Tan. They are all Malaysian based employees of his Berjaya Group businesses brought on board for their specific skills. Derek Chin – legal , Len Kong –marketing , Ming Lim – accounting.

Danni Rais was also appointed by VT in June this year and also has a marketing background and an employment link with VT companies.

The Malaysian based non-executives usually attend board meetings by teleconference , and occasionally in person.

We conceded a goal because we'd brought the wrong ankle tape?!!!

Someone should get a hairdrying for that!

But I'm relieved. If we can just bomb out of the FA Cup now that will help with our shallow squad problems and us not concentrating on the league enough. That cup run last year cost us automatic IMO.

The club has now banned any any protest at all from their land and anybody doing so will be moved on or arrested if they refuse to do so.

Cunts.

The club has now banned any any protest at all from their land and anybody doing so will be moved on or arrested if they refuse to do so.

Cunts.
http://keepcardiffblue.co.uk/wp/?p=127

We received advice from the local police last night that the club has banned any protest at all from their land and anybody doing so will be moved on.

In the light of this and the previous threats of violence against protesters from prominent supporters of the club’s rebrand we feel duty bound to cancel the planned protest scheduled for 6:45pm outside the main entrance to the stadium.

We urge all those who care about the club’s identity and believe it is more important than the whims of one man to make their views known tomorrow night

Keep Cardiff Blue

It almost takes me right back to when I started the Football fans against the Criminal Justice Act campaign which also sought to ban fans protesting.

:facepalm: :mad:

Having watched the first 80 minutes of the Huddersfield game, I have to say its a crying shame that local police didnt ban any football as well*.

* a sentiment that I will no doubt extend to the environs of Goodison after United smash us on Monday

We are Top of the league say we are top of the league.

And our best player on the night.... Graham Marshall for me :hmm: . Not a good omen. Helguson was pretty unimpressive. Early days i suppose.

Pleasing to see the crowd a sea of blue though. It was like a 'kits through the ages' fashion show. There were tops on display i have not seen for years. And everytime we got dangerous ... "Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Blueirds".

And our best player on the night.... Graham Marshall for me :hmm: . Not a good omen. Helguson was pretty unimpressive. Early days i suppose.

Pleasing to see the crowd a sea of blue though. It was like a 'kits through the ages' fashion show. There were tops on display i have not seen for years. And everytime we got dangerous ... "Bluebirds, Bluebirds, Blueirds".

Your commitment to Cardiff City and the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign would be enhanced if you could atleast get the name of our star keeper correct!

Its sad that Cardiff now play in red, but there is little the fans can do about it, if that is what the owners want, Cardiff have got to get promoted this year, they have the team on paper to do it, they need to get a share of the £3 billion tv money that kicks in next season, Swansea need to stay there and Cardiff need to get there this season, if both then stay up for say 5 years, they can both become more or less permanent top flight teams for the next 25 years or so after that give or take a season or two, if they are managed financially correctly as teams that go down from the Prem after the huge tv money kicks in particularly after having had a few seasons in the Prem will have a big financial advantage over regular Championship teams, Cardiff need to do the business this season.

I saw no sea of blue. I saw a patchwork quilt.

As you say there were tops from the ages but not just blue ones. I also saw retro red tops whose statement I was unsure of. We'll wear red if we must... but we ain't financially supporting the decision?

I also saw a fair few new red kits as well as people wearing red Wales shirts, rugby shirts and whatever random red garment they owned such as a hoodie. Once again I'm not sure if they were choosing to wear red for the club or if it was just their favourite top.

Plus as always there were people wearing neither colour. Make of that what we will.

No mention of the clock turning off briefly so that the protest meant to take place at 8 minutes wouldn't have the stadium clock as a prompter? Cunning trick by the club and one that seemed to work. Protesters don't know how to synchronise watches like in the SAS.

Well, yes, there were a lot of red tops there, but significantly outnumbered by blues from where i was standing. I was a little bit surprised by that.

I was wondering which way Billy The Badge was going to go with the unofficial merchandise. A new red AND blue scarf seems to have been his reaction - fair play :D

I have to say, as someone with anarcho syndicalist sympathies, as much as i dislike the rebrand and everything it stands for - and it pains me to say this - but i do quite like the red and black combination :hmm:

Black-red-flag.jpg

As you say there were tops from the ages but not just blue ones. I also saw retro red tops whose statement I was unsure of. We'll wear red if we must... but we ain't financially supporting the decision?

I also saw a fair few new red kits as well as people wearing red Wales shirts, rugby shirts and whatever random red garment they owned such as a hoodie. Once again I'm not sure if they were choosing to wear red for the club or if it was just their favourite top.

Plus as always there were people wearing neither colour. Make of that what we will.

No mention of the clock turning off briefly so that the protest meant to take place at 8 minutes wouldn't have the stadium clock as a prompter? Cunning trick by the club and one that seemed to work. Protesters don't know how to synchronise watches like in the SAS.

That's an interesting point about the clock, but, given the level of apathy/acceptance not sure it would have made a blind bit of difference anyway.

There were a LOT of red tops in the Family End - the pester power factor having paid off, but the thing that most surprised (and totally depressed) me were the significant numbers of "grown-ups" who've bought into this crap and purchased a shite new jersey with a shite new badge for £42.

I'm also partial to a bit of red and black, but not with me football!

090809_kraftwerk.jpg

Had Rooney in his back pocket last September but nah he's pretty shit tbh. Too short and his first touch is horrid, he gets an easy time of the fans for being a local, but league 1 player at best.

Back
Top Bottom