Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

some kind of kick off at Newbury races between Cardiff and swansea fans
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-18846905
"It appears to be caused by football supporters from Swansea and Cardiff who met in the ground."
Racegoer Julie Davis told the Racing Post: "It was a disgrace and I won't be coming again.
"It took so long to get it sorted out.
"Every time you thought it had stopped it started again. I reckon there were at least 30 people involved. It was scary."
Another eyewitness Denise Mathias told the newspaper: "It just seemed to be a big fight between football supporters from Cardiff and Swansea. It was terrible. I saw a stocky man covered in blood having his head stamped on."

Or Northampton fans cobblers, or Luton fans hatters, etc
It's just fucking embarrassing to be singing Bluebirds when we're playing in red and your badge has a great big clip art dragon on it.

Least it should be embarrassing if you're a proper football fan that gives a shit about the club's heritage. You may be happy to go along with whatever random colour scheme is inflicted on us for the supposed shirt-purchasing pleasure of faraway fans who probably have no idea who the fuck we are, but it's not for me, thanks.

It's just fucking embarrassing to be singing Bluebirds when we're playin gin red and uor badge has a great big clip art dragon onbi it.

Least it should be embarrassing if you're a proper football fan tat gives a shit about the club's heritage. You may be happy to go along with whatever random colour scheme is inflicted on us for the supposed shirt-purchasing pleasure of faraway fans who probably have no idea who the fuck we are, but it's not for me, thanks.

So why start a Cardiff City thread for the new season then, i take it you will be unsubriscibing from your own thread then!

So why start a Cardiff City thread for the new season then, i take it you will be unsubriscibing from your own thread then!
You seem to have this bizarre notion that because I'm unhappy with my club - yes MY FUCKING CLUB - being turned upside down by foreign investors with no respect for the history, culture or tradition or Cardiff City then I'm no longer allowed to comment on them.

I'll always support Cardiff City FC but right now I'm having trouble finding that team amongst all the corporate rebranding and bullshit.

It's just fucking embarrassing to be singing Bluebirds when we're playing in red and your badge has a great big clip art dragon on it.

Least it should be embarrassing if you're a proper football fan that gives a shit about the club's heritage. You may be happy to go along with whatever random colour scheme is inflicted on us for the supposed shirt-purchasing pleasure of faraway fans who probably have no idea who the fuck we are, but it's not for me, thanks.

The Clip Art Dragons would be a fine, fine name for the new iteration of a glorious club.

Somehow I suspect the fans at the ground won't sound at all embarrassed whilst singing it.
In fact they'll probably be singing it even louder and more often than before* to make a point. Emphasising the fact that they are proud 'bluebirds' no matter what kit the owners put us in.

* Ironically I think last season we chanted Bluebirds less than in any other season that I can personally remember.

Somehow I suspect the fans at the ground won't sound at all embarrassed whilst singing it.
In fact they'll probably be singing it even louder and more often than before* to make a point. Emphasising the fact that they are proud 'bluebirds' no matter what kit the owners put us in.

* Ironically I think last season we chanted Bluebirds less than in any other season that I can personally remember.
Some might, but others seem only too happy to roll over and take whatever scraps our new owners feed us, such is their desperation for success at any cost.

classic e-bay item :D

As a result of Cardiff City 'rebranding' and changing the home strip from blue to red and replacing the historic bluebirds badge with that of a dragon, I have decided to boycott the club until this decision is reversed. As someone who followed the club home and away regularly, a sizable gap has been left that needs to be filled. With selling history and tradition the latest trend within football, I have decided to get on the bandwagon. The highest bidder on this auction can decide which team I support for the 2012/13 football season. In return for this they will receive a signed certificate authenticating my support, and I will buy them a pint or soft drink of their choice at the first game I attend.

I attended 51 matches in all competitions last season, and have traveled to home and away fixtures since I was 14. This has given me good experience of football support and can offer you such useful tips as Blackburn having the best pies, Burnley having the most attractive staff selling hot dogs and to never, ever, go to Scunthorpe. Last season I produced match reports for every game I attended which can be found on my website www.myonlycardiff.com. I will keep up this service for any fixtures I attend for the team of the winning bidder and blog about my experiences following my new side for the season. I will also pretend all your players are really good on Twitter, even if they're actually quite rubbish.

This auction is open to supporters of all teams, apart from Swansea City and Bristol City due to the likelihood of me being discovered and chased away from the stadium by angry mobs with flaming torches. I would also prefer if you didn't play in red or have a dragon on your badge if at all possible.

Postage on this item is free, unless you wish for me to be sent to the stadium in a big wooden crate. Please specify your preference upon winning the auction and I will find out a price from the Post Office for human transportation.

made me laugh anyway!

Been completely overused and so isn't funny unless done really really well.

The Martinez leaving Swansea one was the last one decent one I've seen. Stringing a load of sweaaring together just doesn't cut it.

report of sorts
'heated'

Members of the KCB group had hoped to discuss a menu of activities aimed at reversing Tan’s decision and get the team playing in blue again.
But a section of supporters, who said they supported the Bluebirds “unconditionally”, also attended the meeting and made their anger at the KCB cause known. After a series of heated exchanges throughout the two-hour meeting, attended by more than 120 people, the dissenting group were asked to leave but did not.
Read More

Some people will do anything for success. Or even the vague hope of success, even when there's no actual logic in the heritage-stripping arguments.

Sad innit? Success is overrated anyway. Not much fun grubbing about at the bottom of the Prem.

About the only advantage is seeing your team on Match of the Day rather than that shitty football league program. That Manish is a wanker, and seeing Steve Claridge talk bullshit about your team week in, week out, makes you wanna kill people. :mad:

About the only advantage is seeing your team on Match of the Day rather than that shitty football league program. That Manish is a wanker, and seeing Steve Claridge talk bullshit about your team week in, week out, makes you wanna kill people. :mad:

Ha. That is true. And lots of games aren't even streamed. So there is that I suppose.

This is how fucked up the club is now:

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE

The Keep Cardiff Blue campaign is very concerned that its meeting last night to discuss protest plans was disrupted and eventually curtailed due to intimidation and threats of violence from a small group who, in their own words, “unconditionally” backed the club’s rebrand plans.

This group had obviously planned in advance to attend only to disrupt the meeting and made it clear that they would use and endorse violence against anyone peacefully protesting inside the ground. An example of their threats (as mentioned in a local press report below) was “anyone taking a banner in to the ground, I will bury them”.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...rebranding-meeting-turns-ugly-91466-31466870/

The group of supporters making and supporting these threats are known to the club, indeed many of them have been courted, endorsed and even employed by the club’s officials in the past.

The threats and intimidation will do nothing but galvanise the Keep Cardiff Blue campaign and we will continue to explore and plan peaceful, lawful ways to protest against the destruction of the club’s identity. Indeed, we have received much fresh or renewed support overnight as the events of the meeting have been reported.

However we call upon the club to condemn these threats of violence against its supporters considering nothing but peaceful protest and ask them to publically guarantee they will do everything possible to ensure their safety in and around the ground.

We also call upon club director Steve Borley to end his inflammatory and distorted campaign against Keep Cardiff Blue on his personal Twitter account branding it’s members as “extremists” and “radicals”. We think last night’s events clearly show who the extremists and radicals actually are and such comments from a club official risk exacerbating the situation

http://keepcardiffblue.co.uk/wp/?p=114

Club puts it foot down .... or rather, responds rather limply

The club firmly believes it is now time to draw a line under the recent publicised changes and hope that all fans will put aside their grievances and allow the football on the field to be the main talking point, thereby avoiding a detrimental effect on our collective aims and goals.

:facepalm:

Am likewise hoping and thinking that there will be a sea of blue at the opening televised game against Huddersfield - every City fan with a blue shirt to dig it out and wear with pride - first step in knocking this Red Bluebird bollocks into touch. Can't force a change, but we can embarrass them into a(nother) U-turn.

Blue balloons, blue confetti and thousands of City fans chanting Bluebirds as the team runs out in that red abomination of a kit - now that will look good on the telly box.

(hoping for a close-up of Vincent Tan's face as it happens too).

Will also be VERY interesting to see how many replica red shirts are sold before the start of the season...

Back
Top Bottom