Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

Would this be the Cardiff that hasnt gone into administration and has honoured its debts, and would this be Crystal Palace the club has has fucked over plenty of small local businesses over the years by not honouring their debts?

I know which club has probably got more reason to hold its head up!

the thing is .... cardiff have not honoured their debts. They still owe sam a fortune

the thing is .... cardiff have not honoured their debts. They still owe sam a fortune

But those debts haven't been written off by administration. Sam will get some money eventually. How much and when remains to be seen but it will be more than 1p in the pound.

If one of the 2 teams playing yesterday ceased to exist due to greed it wasnt Cardiff!

I miss Cardiff City.

:(

((((editor))))

Frankly it feels like it's borderline pointless now at just about all clubs. Local identity, local pride, local culture and history in an age of neo-liberalism is all just so much cultural capital to be strip-mined, have the value wrung out of it for some shareholders living in Surrey and then slung in the bin when the next a more efficient use of the capital emerges.

But I really sympathise for your loss. And respect if you stick up two fingers to the whole farce. I only really go and watch non-league and amateur football now and practise serious non-attachment to Palace.

Nice to see the team calling itself Cardiff but with a different shirt and different badge and shiny new corporate strapline in second place.

Nice to see the team calling itself Cardiff but with a different shirt and different badge and shiny new corporate strapline in second place.

There was never any suggestion that they werent going to be called cardiff, ffs.

This red kit is proving incredibly good luck! unbeaten in red so far. No wins in any other colour.

It's got fuck all to do with the colour of their shirts.

Jeez.

Isnt it? The red kept the owners happy, happy owners spend money, money = good squad, good squad = results.

So indirectly red has something to do with it.

Blue would have meant the owners binning the club and god knows what state we'd be in.

Isnt it? The red kept the owners happy, happy owners spend money, money = good squad, good squad = results.

Blue would have meant the owners binning the club and god knows what state we'd be in.

Maybe they have a sports psychologost who has instilled in them that red is lucky, blue didnt work very often in 100yrs did it?

Christ we should obviously have changed to red years ago, all those years at falling in the play-offs could have been avoided just by a color change!

Really?
Wales online chief executive Alan Whiteley "At no point did they threaten to end their connection to this football club"

So definitely nothing whatsoever to do with "lucky" red then.

PS I would have preferred the latter option. We wouldn't have gone bust.

perhaps the lucky colour was blue after all?

small-5-pound-note.jpg

[quote="
Blue would have meant the owners binning the club and god knows what state we'd be in.[/quote]

Grom no disrespect but there is literally no evidence for this (them binning us if we stayed in blue) is there?

Whiteley (now ousted / finished as CEO) admitted as much in the summer as it got more and more fractious, he said the owners had never said they would walk away

I think it was in his infamous "How do I know? I'm not Asian" meeting

ETA sorry I see Clint has made this point too. If you have fallen for the spin fair enough but you can't say something which even our own spin machine has admitted is not true

And the ego marches on:

Cardiff City owner seeks more 'control' with operating shake up

Cardiff City have announced operating changes as millionaire owner Vincent Tan seeks greater "control" over the day-to-day running of the club.

The most significant move will see chief executive Alan Whiteley stepping down in the coming weeks, to be replaced by Simon Lim.

Whiteley, who has been in the role for 12 months, is considering an offer to remain on the board of directors.

Malaysian Lim had recently replaced Doug Lee as financial director.

That role will now be taken by Richard Thompson, in an initial acting capacity.

Whiteley, who spearheaded the club's efforts to persuade Cardiff fans to accept the summer rebrand, including the controversial change from blue shirts to red, admitted being removed from his post came "a litte bit out of the blue".
He added: "[It's] slightly disappointing, but predictable, I suppose in some ways.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19781296

How can you be so sure?

We were effectively insolvent when they turned up and we are losing money hand over fist, how would we not have gone bust?

How can you be so sure?

We were effectively insolvent when they turned up and we are losing money hand over fist, how would we not have gone bust?
How many big teams have actually gone bust in the last 10 years?
We were pulling in crowds of over 20,000. With that kind of cashflow there's always an alternative to 'going bust.'

Big win tonight. Top of the table too.

*Still waiting for the feeling to come back.

So you won't be asking us if we've got any spares when we get through to the FA Cup final this year then.

Obviously not going to ask for the playoff final as they don't have one when you win the league.

I don't understand the indifference as I don't feel it myself.

But I know you are not alone. My friend who has been supporting city for donkey years through thick and thin now displays huge indifference despite attending matches.

He now leaves early. Sometimes as much as 30 minutes early.
He doesn't stand to greet the team.
He doesn't stand to cheer goals.
He doesn't applaud the team at the end.

I guess he only still attends to stay connected with us his mates and because the ticket is bought and paid for. He otherwise seems to want us lose as if to spite the owners for changing the colours. I really don't understand spite towards a thing you've always wanted to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom