Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

the alternative is to go and watch Orient, or Leyton Orient, or London Orient of whatever they are called this week.
So best not complain, kick up a fuss or lobby for change, but just accept whatever our new owners say, yes?

So best not complain, kick up a fuss or lobby for change, but just accept whatever our new owners say, yes?

You do what you want, i alomng with over 20k others are enjoying a football team called CARDIFF CITY, and nicknamed THE BLUEBRIDS currently playing good football and sitting on top of the league!

You do what you want, i alomng with over 20k others are enjoying a football team called CARDIFF CITY, and nicknamed THE BLUEBRIDS currently playing good football and sitting on top of the league!
I honestly fear for the future of football if people like you get to have any influence over it.

I honestly fear for the future of football if people like you get to have any influence over it.

You just dont get it do you.

Football was shagged years ago, how does staying away help the situation?

Them bloody red shirts are working again. Think we should play in red home and away now, it was obviously the change we needed.

Plenty of fans believe in luck wearing lucky items of clothing and having lucky pre-match rituals.

So I can't blame superstitious Asians for their belief that red is lucky, especially if the players start believing it as positive belief can aid performance. Just ask psychologists.

So whether luck is bullshit or not it is getting results so they are lucky as far as I'm concerned. Lets please now play in red home and away.

Some people sure seem to be swallowing the bullshit. It has absolutely nothing to do with 'lucky' colours otherwise every team who plays in red would win all the time. Or are Cardiff playing in a special red?.

Plenty of fans believe in luck wearing lucky items of clothing and having lucky pre-match rituals.

So I can't blame superstitious Asians for their belief that red is lucky, especially if the players start believing it as positive belief can aid performance. Just ask psychologists.

So whether luck is bullshit or not it is getting results so they are lucky as far as I'm concerned. Lets please now play in red home and away.

Fair play this is a ridiculous point. No team plays in red home and away
Red is not getting results.
Fact
If you think they have won 6-0-0 because of a colour then I feel sorry for you

the fact that we seem to do things in red that we dont in blue, like win, is indisputable. Whetehr its luck or not is open to question.
I'm not a particularly superstitious person, and throughout my recent court battles over my son I wore the same cufflinks quite by accident and once i realsied I was wearing the sa,e ones all the time I kept with them, they were Superman ones, my first ever present given to me in my son's name just 2 weels after he was born. Superman is associated with the fathers rights movement and it felt kind of a reasonabe idea to keep wearing them and did sort of empower me.

We have long argued during previous seasons that the pressure of playing at home wighed heavily on Cardiff City teams, and we often achieved results away we couldnt repeat at home.

I dont subscribe to the red is luckier, however, is it not just possible that in some way the players feel some kind of weight has been lifted off their shoulders in a weird sort of way. the weight of expectation of being blue at home may just have had an effect,
Dismiss it all as bullshit if u wish, but under DJ is was always acknowledged that we never came form behind to win, now we are doing it regularly. It may be we have a better squad, better manager etc, but there is a prt of me that thinks that the mind set, partly influenced by the furore over the kit change had galvanised the players to a degree.
Would I rather we played in blue, of course, but I'd rather have a cardiff in the premiership in pink if it came to it, otherwise what is the point of competing if you dont aspire to be at the top.
Its not like our name has been changed, or even threatened to be changed, unlike Orient who have changed their names god knows how many times. i dont see their fans complaining.

Martin one thing I would say is I would not be at all surprised if the club's name changes next season or the one after. The tiny bluebird was not on Tan's draft of his new badge and is only there now under duress.

I also read that Ali does not (always) welcome "the bluebirds" onto the field now at start of each half, maybe (again, so I read) for fear of offending (one assumes) VT

I actually did think this morning (and thus take your point) that to some of the players a different colour (which happens to be red) may signify a break from recent seasons' chokes/falling-aways/near-misses/picj your own word. But so many new players means that is less of a factor (if it is one at all) than if we had had the same cohort of players for (say) the seasons since we lost at Wembley v Blackpool and then abjectly in the following two sets of play offs

I don't know why the home form has changed. I have seen only one goal out of any of the 6 games. Better players is my guess. Not sure Malky is inherently a better tactician/motivator than DJ, so I put it down to players (and some luck, like Watford getting 2 men sent off, for example)

I'm not trying to sound strident or argumentative here, partly as I am so worn out with all the rows. Me and you are both City and we are friends.

I have only been to CCS twice this season (to the two Wales games) and I thought the physical aspects of the re-brand are a right mess, all over the place, really amateurish.

Orient btw are currently absolutely fucking livid about a potential name change to London Orient

fuck all tedious about continuing to win.

True – but constantly having a dig at other fans who have a different view to you is extremely tedious.

I am not happy about the re-branding, but can live with it. It is the friction between the fans that is taking all the fun out of following city for me.

My decision to renew my season ticket next season will not be based on the colour of the kit we play in or the division in which we play, it will be based on whether or not I think I will enjoy going down the city. To be honest, if all this squabbling keeps up (not just on this board), I don’t think it is going to be much fun.

I thought you were a bit more intelligent than to offer up this fallacy.

If you're claiming that something exists, then it is up to you produce proof.

I didnt claim they existed, you claimed they didnt.

I am not happy about the re-branding, but can live with it. It is the friction between the fans that is taking all the fun out of following city for me.
This is what I hate most about what that cunt Vincent Tan and his cronies have done to the City. We may be winning but the sense of real fan solidarity has long gone and he's turned fan against fan.

I find it hard not to have feelings of contempt for the City fans who are so desperate to be winners that they've willingly rolled over and let the club's heritage be trashed on a millionaire's whim.

Even when he's fucked off (which he will inevitably do) the inter-fan bitterness will linger for years,

A lot of football players believe in luck. Remember our FA cup final run where one match we played in the lucky black and gold instead of the blue as entitled because it was considered lucky.

There is one club where players old and new all tap something on the wall (the crest or something I forget) for luck as they travel up the tunnel.

These things may be bullshit but sport psychologists have measured that there are positive effects on performance from such things. There was a specific study into the effect of the colour red which apparently does aid performance for reasons other than luck.

i have 2 colleagues who have been fans for many years possibly lifetime
season ticket holders but next to no talk in work about the Bluebirds this season compared to previous seasons
whilst they do still go to matches, the enthusiasm has dropped a lot

WHOOOOSH!

Several key players missing but still win 4-0

Kim Bo put in a good shift for his first start

Bellamy might be struggling to get his place back!

Back
Top Bottom