Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

What, you want me to prove that red shirts don't come impregnated with the magical, immeasurable and mystical powers of 'luckiness'? No thanks.

I will note that it didn't serve Wrexham too well, and thanks to your lord and master Tan, we're not only wearing the same colours now but an almost identical badge.

you are obviously completely lala now!

*wanders in and tries to resist posting something about the effectiveness of red shirts being shown by the mighty addicks tonight*

:p

and :eek: :eek: at the result / stats - sounds like it was quite a game (I missed the commentary as I've been travelling home from northern parts)

I'm not sure what was stranger. The 6 minutes of added time or seeing red shirts in the Cardiff end.

The train station was full of Cardiff fans who had left early in disgust and therefore missed the last two goals. Me included.

As a Cardiff fan I wouldn't call it a great match. I'd call it a bunch of idiots letting a poor side look good. Our defence was atrocious. Whittingham was anonymous.

Charlton worked out Marshall was weak on crosses so that's what they did. It was the only thing they did but I must admit their crosses were very very accurate.

I've never left a game early in disgust and I've seen some shocking performances over the years. I even stayed till the end when we were 2-7 down.

Speaking of defence, cheers for the £1m+ you gave for for Hudson! Marshall should've done a lot better with Stephen's cross screamer, he was pretty poor. I'll defence is a massive concern. The step up from League One is bigger than I thought.

What was the first?

2003. I forget against who but it was at home and Gareth Ainsworth was subbed by Lenny Lawrence despite the fact he was the only player who had been doing anything or working hard all match. I was furious at Lenny's Latest Ludicrous Tactical Decision.

Bit depressing to find us top of the league and this thread having no posts since the 18th Nov. :(

sums it up really ...

at least we played in lucky blue yesterday.

Despite being TOTL, the team are still incredibly brittle away from home, and notwithstanding any injuries, still look 4 players short of automatic promotion!

sums it up really ...

at least we played in lucky blue yesterday.

Despite being TOTL, the team are still incredibly brittle away from home, and notwithstanding any injuries, still look 4 players short of automatic promotion!
That whole 'lucky red' stuff is an embarrassment yet some idiots seem to buy into it.

And seeing City top of the league around this time of the year isn't much reason to get too excited. They've been here many times before and still managed to fuck it up come the run in to the end of the season.

As for Palace, they've done incredibly well thus far, but I'm wondering if their bubble might be starting to burst now.

Back to the top of the Championship.

I only wish it meant as much to me as it used to do.

You claim it doesn't mean much now, but come May when you're 7th or getting knocked out of the play-offs, you should remember this time. It was a good time ;)

You claim it doesn't mean much now, but come May when you're 7th or getting knocked out of the play-offs, you should remember this time. It was a good time ;)
I'm not claiming anything. It's how I feel. I sincerely wish I hadn't been made to feel so ambivalent about the team I've supported all my life.

Blimey:
Cardiff City's perfect home record the best in Europe
Ten home games, 10 wins. The best home record in Europe. Not even the return of former City boss Dave Jones could stop this latest act of defiance, as Cardiff tinkered with their own history.
The defeat of Wednesday bettered a run of nine successive home wins set in both the 1951/52 and 2000/01 seasons. Both those runs came in promotion-ending seasons. City's home and colours may have changed since, the mission remains the same.

Blackburn 1, City 4.

We're out of this league! Peterborough at home on Saturday too, they're bottom of the table...

Bottom of the table are rarely pushovers as they are scrapping for their lives.

Blackburn was great. Support was in great voice too. Loved the 'We're winning abroad' song and people doing Gangstyle dancing to the calls of let's of have a disco, after Kim scored.

The view I had of belamy screaming toward the goal was amazing. Wish I'd been videoing it on my camera.
Love Joe Mason so chuffed that he scored.
My mate loves Kimbo so the match had something for everyone.

Id like to imagine that the goals came down to poor goal keeping thanks to me putting him off by telling Robinson that his barley water is shite. Truth is that he never stood a chance against them goals and it was poor defending that lets us attack the goal in such a way that he was doomed.

Just saw the score on the Beeb site and for the first time this season felt that magic coming back. And now I feel guilty for it.

Just saw the score on the Beeb site and for the first time this season felt that magic coming back. And now I feel guilty for it.

I don't.

Obviously I'm not happy about the changes, but when it comes down to it the "Bluebird" logo and nickname was just as much of a cynical marketing ploy as the Red Dragon mularky. Only difference is it was done about 100 years earlier.

And I really can't get too worked up about the color of the shirt either. I'm too busy thinking about City in the top division for the first time in my life...

Can we all start talking about football now, PLEASE. lets put differences aside and start celebrating what is fast becoming an amazing season of potentially epic proportions.

Lets look forward to a derby game with the jacks next season in the Premier league. I love the idea that the english premeir league may well be 10% welsh next season!

Obviously I'm not happy about the changes, but when it comes down to it the "Bluebird" logo and nickname was just as much of a cynical marketing ploy as the Red Dragon mularky. Only difference is it was done about 100 years earlier.
That really is utter tosh.
The origin of Cardiff City’s nickname, ‘The Bluebirds’ is truly fascinating. It had started being used, along with ‘The Cardiffians’, ‘The City’ and ‘The Citizens’, after the club changed from their first colours of chocolate and amber to royal blue and white, sometime around 1910.

There is a connection with a classic children’s play, called The Blue Bird, written by the Belgian playwright Maurice Maeterlinck in 1909. The bird, a symbol of happiness, is pursued by children who want to imprison it in a cage and the play’s theme urges us not to try to hoard happiness for ourselves.

This play had come to the New Theatre in Cardiff in late October 1911. It received good reviews during its six-night run and a week after the production had left town, Maeterlinck was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for his symbolist plays including The Blue Bird and Pelleas and Mesilande. The publicity surrounding the play’s arrival in the Welsh capital and then Maeterlinck’s honour led to an unknown Cardiff City supporter deciding to call the team, resplendent in their blue strip, ‘The Blue Birds’. Gradually, it emerged as the favoured nickname before being adopted officially by the club.
http://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/cardiff-city/

It is going to have to be an epic choke to throw this away, bluebirds.

Not epic. We're only 6 points clear with 5 months to go.

It just takes a burst of form from two other teams and a small drop in form from us.

Sorry to be neg but teams have thrown away bigger leads than ours very recently.

Back
Top Bottom