Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

He's about a thousand times better than Shearer, but I remain to be convinced that a shouty tough man with barely any experience at all will prove to have the requisite portfolio of skills to prove a better choice than Jones over a full season. I hope so.

The logo's kinda sprightly.

0,,10335~9742957,00.jpg

CCS to be known as Malaysian National Stadium.

Ok i made that up, but would be funny as!

I like v necks. They don't choke you.

All in all I'm really loving the new kit.

Hope we can find some players that we'll love in it.

Or maybe they are waiting for confirmation that they can unveil Bellers as a Cardiff player again!

I got fed up waiting.

Just saw the highlights.

"We're in it to win it"

Oh yes Malky

We are all Malkaysians now, as someone just tweeted.

4th word in pressconf "passion".

Took almost as long as Al Qaeda to choose our new number one, but the wait was worth it.

Got a good feeling about Malky, son of Malky, Mackay.

Born in the same hospital as Shankly, Stein and Ferguson, he is a disciplinarian, tactically astute, a very well qualified coach, committed to attacking football, and did wonders at Watford on zilch resources (they were favourites to go down with the second lowest budget in the division, and made a decent tilt for the play-offs before running out of steam).

New fixtures, new kit, new manager, it's the dawning of a new era. Genuinely excited about the new season now. :)

Whats the chances of Cardiff being in the third division {or whatever they call it} after next season ?

Dave Jones gambled all on Premier league rejects that were loaned out, that failed, so the team is in a right mess at the moment, whether the new manager can keep Cardiff up is to be seen, things at the moment are in a sorry state at the new Ninian Park.

Mackay seems a reasonable appointment, young, enthusiastic, no nonsense with lots of potential, Jones had to go he served Cardiff well, but was unable to get them to the Premier league with a squad on paper that was good enough to have achieved automatic promotion, Mackay initially will have a rebuilding job, mid table would be a success for a new team and manager this season, unless Mackay gets money that is, perhaps Cardiff can get back into the mix the season after next, it will be interesting to see if Mackay is given much money to spend as the current squad seems very thin and lightweight due to lots of first teamers going.

Mackay was a thug of a player, or "no nonsense" as some would call it. :D

Tbf though at times he had that Watford team playing some superb football. He's still cutting his teeth imo, but I think he has the potential to do very well with the right club. Maybe Cardiff will suit him.

Why are the Scots so prolific at breeding football managers ?

Mackay seems a reasonable appointment, young, enthusiastic, no nonsense with lots of potential, Jones had to go he served Cardiff well, but was unable to get them to the Premier league with a squad on paper that was good enough to have achieved automatic promotion, Mackay initially will have a rebuilding job, mid table would be a success for a new team and manager this season, unless Mackay gets money that is, perhaps Cardiff can get back into the mix the season after next, it will be interesting to see if Mackay is given much money to spend as the current squad seems very thin and lightweight due to lots of first teamers going.

Go away bot

I'm being nice

Malky just instils confidence. DJ took us to the wire twice (well 3 times) and you can't keep on keeping on. He looked a defeated man way before the play offs. He fell out of love with us and the club. We just 'stopped believing'

Anyone who was there to see that fucking shambles of a Boro match could see that we had no chance of winning the play offs.

It was, and is, time to move on. I don't care if we are not challenging next year. It's time to rebuild and then go again.

Lets get behind the big man.

I can't wait for the season to start now.

Especially as Allerdyce is going to take it in the face

I was at the New Den when his Watford team tore Millwall a new arsehole last season,beat them 6-1 playing some excellent football,coulda been even more,was surprised they did'nt push on for the playoffs after that.

Mackay was a thug of a player, or "no nonsense" as some would call it. :D

Was he?

Seriously, I watched him for a long time at Norwich and he seemed no worse than anyone else really. Bit of a hoofer at times when he needed to be, but scored some half decent goals and seemed to always go about the game in the right sort of way.

Always seemed a really nice bloke as well - bought up the right way at Queens Park, who I think his father is still involved with. I'm fairly certain we'd have been happy to have had him back before Lambert was appointed.

Weirdly we still dont have half a team let alone a squad, a manager that doesnt inspire and a kit that does, but I am already looking forward to the new season.

Bellers is the key. get him to stay and bring Ernie in. I feel goog times are ahead.

Oh th eternal optimist of the Cardiff City fan.

I guess this feeling may have been brought on by the relief of not having Shearer, maybe that was the plan.

Back
Top Bottom