Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

65%/35% against on ccmb, which is swamped tonight.

Won't believe it till I see the "scarf aloft" pictures, but all appears to be a done deal now.

If it is Shearer, he's clearly not been appointed for his managerial experience (8 GAMES!), but for the commercial/marketing elements which his profile can bring to the club as the Malaysians attempt to "position" CCFC in Asia...

It's a crazy appointment, especially with the quality of some of the other candidates knocking about.

On the plus side, it surely means that the board will be bankrolling the new management team, so let us hope that there is someone around to advise Shearer wisely. And, of course, no more soul-sapping platitudes on MOTD.

Whatever happens next, it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Chins up, everyone, he might surprise us!

(and no, I wouldn't take back Dave Jones...)

That hasn't sunk in yet.

Give the guy a chance ffs. :facepalm:
You can have him for your lot if you like. The thing is Shearer hardly commands respect does he? And that apparently is what our last three-times-to-wembley-best performing manager-in-living-memory manager lacked.

Actually, this is all a cunning masterstroke by the CCFC board. By making us believe that useless twat Shearer is coming to Cardiff, we'll be overjoyed by the news that they have in fact elected someone else. Anyone else.

Extraordinary. The most obviously stupid appointment I can recall, and that includes managers to Wet Sham and Newcastle. Beyond staggered.

Rejoice!

Talks between Alan Shearer and Cardiff City break down

Alan Shearer's talks with Cardiff City, who are searching for a new manager, are believed to have broken down. The former England captain, who works as a pundit on Match of the Day, emerged yesterday as the bookies' favourite to take over at the Welsh club, who sacked Dave Jones following their defeat by Reading in the semi-finals of the Championship play-offs last month.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/15/alan-shearer-cardiff-city

i don't understand why you don't just snap up di matteo. he's been the obvious candidate since jones left, i'd have thought.

Actually, this is all a cunning masterstroke by the CCFC board. By making us believe that useless twat Shearer is coming to Cardiff, we'll be overjoyed by the news that they have in fact elected someone else. Anyone else.

What a prophecy :D

Someone thought his inside info was good and bet 1000 Australian dollars on it st 1/3.

Hag hah!

I like think that the board heard the voices of a million Cardiff fans screaming out in terror, and then suddenly silenced. (upon hearing the suggestion of Shearer).

Whats the chances of Cardiff being in the third division {or whatever they call it} after next season ?

Dave Jones gambled all on Premier league rejects that were loaned out, that failed, so the team is in a right mess at the moment, whether the new manager can keep Cardiff up is to be seen, things at the moment are in a sorry state at the new Ninian Park.

Whats the chances of Cardiff being in the third division {or whatever they call it} after next season ?

Dave Jones gambled all on Premier league rejects that were loaned out, that failed, so the team is in a right mess at the moment, whether the new manager can keep Cardiff up is to be seen, things at the moment are in a sorry state at the new Ninian Park.

No they're not

please fuck off
ta

We (Charlton Athletic) are playing a friendly against you in Spain in July, we're also playing Bristol City.

I didn't see that one coming.

We (Charlton Athletic) are playing a friendly against you in Spain in July, we're also playing Bristol City.

I didn't see that one coming.

Cool. :cool:

I quite like Charlton... although it can be a bit hairy when we leave your ground (both sides to blame for that along with the stupid road layout).

Cool. :cool:

I quite like Charlton... although it can be a bit hairy when we leave your ground (both sides to blame for that along with the stupid road layout).

Thats why we are playing them in Seville!

Whether Swansea can stay up is - oddly enough - also yet to be seen. Do you think now they are in the premiership they might now start paying the council the rent they owe on the municipal stadium?

Back
Top Bottom