Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

2-2, followed by 5-4 on penalties to the Bluebirds!

Cardiff 2 (7) - 2 (6) Leicester

Yeah!

:D

Did anyone see the game? Did Michael Johnson make any impact for Leicester? He's on loan from Man City. Was probably our most promising homegrown player since Paul Lake but has had as many injuries as Owen Hargreaves.

Game was absolute pish from what I was told, even the cardiff fans said they would have been happy to have lost in 90 minutes so the agony of watching was not prolonged!

Yeah, two second teams. Sky Sports News said we dominated throughout and should have sealed it in normal time, but what can you do. I didn't give a monkeys if we lost before the game, but obviously as it went on I wanted to win. Ah well. Apparently your boys looked dead by the end, so hopefully a few of those will play on Sunday and give us the upper hand.

Must be quite rate that both teams score their first 6 pens.

Did anyone see the game? Did Michael Johnson make any impact for Leicester? He's on loan from Man City. Was probably our most promising homegrown player since Paul Lake but has had as many injuries as Owen Hargreaves.

Apparently Johnson looked good, but not match fit. Same with Ball.

You beat Leicester !! You are now officially my sixth favourite club ......... well for now anyway :D

Game was absolute pish from what I was told, even the cardiff fans said they would have been happy to have lost in 90 minutes so the agony of watching was not prolonged!

nah, was not that bad. quite entertaining on times, i enjoyed it. Nice to see Rudi getting a start.

Good noisy atmosphere as well, considering it was carling cup. Loved it when the all the kids started trooping down to the front with five minutes to go ready for the shoot out. Big roar when they realised the penalties would in deed be our end.

I'm happy with a Burnley draw. Won't be too distracting from the league itself.

Pleased for Aldershot.

You were good for the first two-thirds of the second half, the rest we dominated. Two points lost for us really, as you had bad luck with injuries and were essentially playing with 10 men for the last 15 mins.

Pleasing ish for us. Clean sheet, still unbeaten away, but we need to see games like off if we're going to get automatic promotion.

Cardiff will scrape the play-offs, I think. You're not much of a threat compared with last season, but you're solid.

I'd say it was a fair result for both sides.

Both teams were pretty evenly matched.

Yes we had more thrown at us at the end but we'd chosen to put our pressure on earlier.

I'd say it was a fair result for both sides.

Both teams were pretty evenly matched.

Yes we had more thrown at us at the end but we'd chosen to put our pressure on earlier.

Once Gestedes came on Leicester struggled to cope, of he had stayed fit all game I think the 3 points would have been ours. Beckford failed to impress, and considering how much Foxes have spent and how little we have I'm happy.

Once Gestedes came on Leicester struggled to cope, of he had stayed fit all game I think the 3 points would have been ours.

He did the nicest move of the game. Like you say though, once he got hurt his impact on the game vanished :(

Nice to see Malky chewing out the fourth official over our injured player. DJ never bothered.

The ref was abysmal wasn't he?!

all charges dropped against Ridsdale in 'golden ticket' promotion
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15073329

Mr Ridsdale said later the case should never have come before the courts.
"Today's decision by the City of Cardiff trading standards agency to offer 'no evidence' in relation to the charges previously brought to the courts is a complete vindication of my publicly stated position that there was never a case to answer," he said in a statement.
"On paper, there was a case to answer, however, the council has recently obtained further evidence from prosecution witnesses and taken the advice of a leading counsel," said the council.
"After a thorough analysis of this new evidence, and due to the reluctance of those supporters who raised concerns to provide witness statements, the council considered that a conviction after trial was unlikely.
"Consequently, the council has decided to discontinue the prosecution."

It's also a grey area in that he said funds would be used to 'buy players' but what if a) they couldn't identify any they wanted / thought were good enough, or b) any that did but who moved to a different club.

Seems like an immense waste of everyone's time.

Once Gestedes came on Leicester struggled to cope, of he had stayed fit all game I think the 3 points would have been ours. Beckford failed to impress, and considering how much Foxes have spent and how little we have I'm happy.

McNaughton was more of a problem than Gestede - he wasn't the difference. Despite your pressure I never worried. Leicester were the only team who looked likely to win - even when you were on top there was never any real danger.

I was left pretty pleased, tbh. An away performance against a good side and we bossed it, even when you had a full strength side out. We lacked a killer edge thanks to a poor midfield performance from Wellens, and an overly cautious deployment of three defensive mids, but with a new squad it's a learning process.

2-1 FT

With the number of injuries we have that is a bloody amazing result! Glad Kenny Miller scored them both, I don't like him but I want him to score 48 goals this season

Back
Top Bottom