Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

Amazing win, had a ticket but couldnt get baby sitter!!!! considering injuries that is a massive result. Seeing as we are still in the bedding in period I now have big hopes for this season. Play-offs have to be a realistic target now, and dare we hope for more? We may have a weaker squad on paper, but performances would indicate that we now have a team with bottle, determination and a willingness to give everything for 90minutes that a DJ squad could only have dreamed of. I think we may well look back on this season and think thank fuck Bellers didnt come back, as he may have upset things.

Any thoughts on Gethin Jenkins leaving? I'm a little bit worried about seeing him go as he has done such a good job, fingers crossed his replacement is a good un.

Any thoughts on Gethin Jenkins leaving? I'm a little bit worried about seeing him go as he has done such a good job, fingers crossed his replacement is a good un.

yeah - i am wondering who/what they have lined up to replace him. Odd move, certainly put the club on sound business footings (or at least that is what it looks like).

Apparently there's been some bizarre refereeing at Cardiff today, with the BBC reporter giving him 1/10. It's 2-2 all the moment.

I was at Posh and the Ipswich games

Last night we scored 3 lovely goals, Gunnarson like a steamtrain on the end of a lovely cross from Taylor to make it 3-2 why oh why can't we hold a lead. Turner and Huds both ropey and we need more up front

On Sat my 6yo was mascot and City could not have done more for her, every squad member signing everything she wanted inc Earnie signing her Earnshaw 10 shirt in the dressing room, loads of them posing for photos and then at the end of the game Whitts was generous enough, and made time enough for a young girl, to give her his matchworn shirt off his back, the sweaty, beautiful shirt in which he had scored a goal, to totally make her day, she has taken it to school every day this week!

On the field, a work in progress. Off the field, we are total class

Thats awesome Placid, you always seem to have great days down there!
Yeah I got lucky. Peter Whittingham, a well paid, successful footballer, and maybe our most important player, took time out to give his shirt to a nipper. He now has to replace it himself out of his own pocket. But when asked if she could have the shirt he didn't hesitate. "yeah, sure" he said. I tell this as an antidote to tales of footballers being selfish idiots out of touch with fans. He scored in it. And he gave it to my girl

I am happy can you tell!

So Cardiff v Blackburn in the quarter final. Could have been worse!

Other matches: Chelsea v Liverpool, Arsenal v Man City, Man Utd v Crystal Palace

Back
Top Bottom