Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City FC 2011/12 season thread

Malky OUt Now!

Ok, he can stay another week!
What spirit tho, a DJ team would never have come back and won that. A good run out for a team of players that wont start regularly in the Championship.

Peter Whittingham has signed up for another three years. Nice :)

"There has been speculation about my future but hopefully today's news can put all that to bed," Whittingham told the Cardiff City website.

Cardiff have previously rejected transfer bids for the former England under 21 international from Championship clubs Nottingham Forest and Burnley.

"I'm delighted to have signed an extension with the club - it's something I've wanted to do for some time as I've never had the desire to go elsewhere," said Whittingham, who signed for Cardiff in a cut-price £250,000 deal from Premier League side Aston Villa in January 2007.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14676523.stm

Just had the legend Philip Joseph Dwyer in the car. He has just completed his biography which will be in all good bookshops and some crap ones too in time for Christmas.

Cardiff City fan saved by fellow fans! fair play :eek:

Cardiff fan Leslie Hayes saved six days after collapse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-14699806

_54992422_kev003.jpg

A football fan says fellow supporters saved his life after a collapse at home saw him spend six days on his floor.

bbc said:
Leslie Hayes, 58, from Newport, was found after other Cardiff City fans raised the alarm with police when he failed to show up for a game at Oxford.

I can imagine what a wankfest of congratulatory bullshit the forward by Sam is. Having said that its will probably be the best part of the book.

We've finally signed another defender. Hur-bloody-rah.

Only its one the had a knee op and was out for a while. Lets hope Malk knows something that the rest of us don't.

Jay Bothroyd explains why he decided to be crap after his England cap

"When he first walked into the room I took a deep breath - it felt like he was the headmaster and I was the pupil!"

His inclusion in the England party made the former Arsenal
spacer.gif
starlet privy to the sort of standard required to play for the national team.

And it was an experience that made him more determined to make it a regular occurrence.
He added: "Being among that England squad really gave me a taste for playing with that standard of player every day.

"No disrespect to Cardiff, but when I went back to club training after being with England I realised I had to play in the Premier League."

perhaps you should have helped us get promotion then you plank

138437-ernie_facepalm_by_ridinrail_super.jpg

Jay Bothroyd is without doubt the most skilful player I have ever seen in a city shirt, Just a pity he was also the laziest wanker ever to pull on a shirt of any colour. And in a nutshell you have his biography!

There will be a minutes silence before the game with Doncaster.

Both teams will wear black armbands. Members of Mike's family will be present and Wales manager Gary Speed will be joined by Jonathan Ford as representatives of the FAW.

Robert Earnshaw laid flowers at the Ninian Park gates today on behalf of Cardiff City and the FAW.

I am very impressed by Cardiff City's response to this, and the FAW's. (and Swansea City's, and all the fans of other clubs) The picture of Earnie laying at the wreaths (it's on Twitter, at least) is very moving. Can someone link it here, I am bobbins at that stuff

What an awful week, I have been in tears time and again since leaving the ground at Wembley

Glad I am going to the game tomorrow. It has been tricky how to explain it to my 6yo who is coming with me, but fair play to her she just said "we love Wales and Cardiff like him so it's not fair someone like us just dies"

See you there, a respectful, sombre and important day

2-0 against Donnie will do nicely - and it's probably done Earnie some good to put one away after the England howler.

Scientists discover that Robert Earnshaw is in fact an android that is remote controlled by a 15 year old FIFA 11 fan.

The conclusive evidence was discovered at the 2-0 victory over Doncaster last Saturday.
After scoring Earnshaw performed the airplane, ran, performed another airplane, a Samba dance, the ronaldo finger waggle, another run and and another finger waggle.

Scientists immediately recognised this combo of moves as one performed against them in xBox beatings by FIFA 11 player URsoLam3, aka 15 yr old Kevin Jones from Droitswich. Match officials refused to coment on whether remote controled players are allowed by the FA.

In other news, according to a beeb article we beat Doncaster 3-0 and Gerard was our captain.

Reporting worthy of the South Wales Echo :D

Judging by the lineup it seems that Malky tried a 4-5-1.

It seemed to be working aside from the fact Miller kept missing the goal. The stats look good but the end result a little disappointing. Only because we gave away a lead mind. Before then if you'd said a point a away to a parachute team you'd have taken it. :)

Back
Top Bottom