Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City close season news and rumours: rebranding of the stadium, strip change

Happily I missed all the racist shit, but it sounds like there's been some right shameful cunts out there.

Who the fuck is this Vince bloke?
Vince Alm, spokesman for the Cardiff City supporters' Club, said his personal view was that the colour change could bring in much-needed money.

"From a personal point of view I see the bigger picture and it's the way forward," he told BBC Radio Wales.

"History is our history, it does not go away.

"To compete with the Premier League clubs we would need to get rid of our debt."
I'd rather compete with League Two teams as Cardiff City than play in the Premiership as some rebranded, heritage-free, remodelled, repackaged Far-East-pleasing confection.

Who the fuck is this Vince bloke?

I'd rather compete with League Two teams as Cardiff City than play in the Premiership as some rebranded, heritage-free, remodelled, repackaged Far-East-pleasing confection.

He's always wheeled out as a fans' spokesman and has just been on the Welsh news saying we need to reconsider our objections to the rebranding as Tan has picked his ball up and is threatening to take it home. I'm with you, fuck em.

Yes, lets all have a go at Vince. A man who goes to every game home and away,

a man who bleeds Cardiff.

Hunt out his reasoned argument for his decision on the City message boards before you castigate him for having a different opinion to you.

The Civil War descends on these boards too.

Fucking hell,

:(

Hunt out his reasoned argument for his decision on the City message boards before you castigate him for having a different opinion to you.
Does that mean I have to agree with him when he expresses his opinion that changing our strip and badge and casting over 100 years of tradition in the bin is a good idea because being in the Premiership is the be all and end all?

The Civil War descends on these boards too.

Fucking hell,

:(

Oh fuck off

Does that mean I have to agree with him when he expresses his opinion that changing our strip and badge and casting over 100 years of tradition in the bin is a good idea because being in the Premiership is the be all and end all?

did you read his argument?

did you read Borley's comments in Mike's piece?

I was suggesting that Urban becomes AAMB,

in this thread,

if that helps

All the same, i still agree with ed and i don't want to be called dragons and dance to their tune. I assume a lot of younger city fans won't really mind the change but i do and i'm entitled to that opinion.

did you read his argument?

did you read Borley's comments in Mike's piece?
Funnily enough, I don't have time to track down every statement he's ever made, but I feel I'm entirely within my rights to comment on a statement he made to the BBC.

If you've already read them, why not précis them for everyone here?

Funnily enough, I don't have time to track down every statement he's ever made, but I feel I'm entirely within my rights to comment on a statement he made to the BBC.

If you've already read them, why not précis them for everyone here?

nah, I'd rather him talk for himself

"My personal view is this could be a sad day for the future of Cardiff City Football Club!

I tried to give an honest opinion where I stood on the changing of the shirt and badge the other night on my Facebook wall, but because I was not asking for Vincent Tan head on a stick I was personally insulted, and racist comments were posted on my wall which I had to remove, that type of behaviour is unacceptable to me please do not respond to this unless you are going to be civil thank you.

The Malaysians have been nothing more than honourable all the time they have been at the club not taking a penny out of the club just putting in close to £40 million over the past 2 years for nothing in return. The personal abuse which I have read on social network sites and messageboards has been nothing short of shocking, and he didn’t deserve it after everything he has done for this football club.

My opinion on the matter was to accept the change for the future stability of the club even though I am vehemently against it, and lobby in a peaceful and civil manner over the coming years to have it changed back. I am a traditionist but what is the point of sticking to that if you haven’t got a club at the end of it?

This could be the end of the football club as we know it and trouble times could be back. I had 20 years of the lower divisions, for the record it was awful, I hated it! At times 50 or 60 us going to away matches to watch us get thumped by Rochdale no disrespect to Rochdale. There are no more shining knights banging our door down to save the club, and if we keep driving owners and chairman out in the manner we do I can’t see us attracting anyone.

So please I urge you calm down and be sensible about it, stop the personal insults at Vincent Tan & TG these are honourable men! Very successful businessmen! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting TG and he is a good man. I’m not asking you to change your mind if you are against change, just be a bit more measured in your response, and not extreme.

All looks lost at the moment! Let’s try not to make it worst by blaming each other and causing infighting everyone is entitled to an opinion, but try not to make it personal and keep it measured.

I know many of you respect me and I thank you for that please listen to what I ask you to do. The £100 million was already starting to be fed into the club for those sceptics who think it was all a ploy, my company was hoping to get on the tender list to build the new training ground; we have just completed Chelsea training ground, and started work on Southamptons. The architects who designed those are a small practice in London who has been paid to design it; how I know this they are the same architects who we used for the two clubs.
vince.alm

Personally, I'd be happier seeing us lose at Rochdale as a team with a history and a heritage than winning at Man Utd as a plastic, rebranded, nu-Cardiff corporate enterprise that's all about pleasing our foreign masters. But each to their own, eh?

And, yes. I was at Rochdale. And I tell you what: it was more fun than some of the trips I've had to Wembley. It was nice not to feel like a commodity.

rochdale-cardiff-1997.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/blog/not-so-great-cardiff-city-fc-moments-rochdale-away-1997/

I dont know if this has been proposed as a compromise or what, but its one of the designs that are out there on the net. i personally think this is a great design and the best of both worlds.

Attachments

• 521459_3353486636180_1239352071_51395719_1221131551_n.jpg
    521459_3353486636180_1239352071_51395719_1221131551_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 15
'Tis neither fish nor fowl.

I still remained unconvinced by the frankly racist-sounding suggestion that people in the Far East are so simple that they blindly support anything in a red shirt.

Sure, there may be cultural differences, but they can't really all just go "Yeah! That's the team for me!" based totally on the colour of a shirt. Can they?

'Tis neither fish nor fowl.

I still remained unconvinced by the frankly racist-sounding suggestion that people in the Far East are so simple that they blindly support anything in a red shirt.

Sure, there may be cultural differences, but they can't really all just go "Yeah! That's the team for me!" based totally on the colour of a shirt. Can they?

How can it be racist for VT to suggest that it would be beneficial to the marketing of the club to wear red in his own country?:facepalm:

Interestingly the meeting of "fans leaders" and supporters clubs arranged for tomorrow to discuss rpotests etc is now redirecting its agenda to arrange a welcome committee for the Malaysians when they fly in this weekend, a welcome dressed in red to persuade them that on refkection they are happy with the deal!! You couldnt make it up!

Back
Top Bottom