Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City close season news and rumours: rebranding of the stadium, strip change

Also principles<<<<<< >>>>>>>rebranding supporters

IMO of course, before ppl start ffs ing and bloody facepalming.

Over the last week a number of fans have been desiging new strips that could be used as a compromise and e-mailing them to the club. Some have actually been quite smart, others cringe worthy, but this one is my favourite so far >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2edupfc.jpg

I think this 'leak' was all part of a softening up campaign myself.

Happy for us to play in red away from home though. I've never given much of a fuck what we play in away, tbh.

Red Devils. Red Dragons. Same difference, eh?

Oh, and thanks for consulting the fans about this change.

:facepalm:

Still trying to work out how changing into a red strip magically boosts our foreign appeal to such an extent that it's worth throwing out a hundred years of history.

"fire and passion"....oh. dear. god. no. Bet they loved that when it came up on the powerpoint re-branding presentation. :rolleyes:

Still least they kept the "Established 1899" :facepalm: Yeah well played on ignoring that tradition.

In my dreams, this will start a real backlash from fans of all clubs against modern football, but the reality is that it's the money that does the talking these days.

Its outrageous. I hope none of the fans buy this new kit. I hope everyone wears blue. Fuck this corporate shite invading our game.

And bring back the Super Furries sponsored Cardiff shirt. Red Dragons my arse.

images

Cardiff Fans said:
Now VT has to honour his part of the bargain and inject the £100 million into the Club and get some big name Buys

Club Statement said:
Our Investors have also fully reaffirmed their support to enable Malky Mackay to strengthen his squad for the season ahead in line with the viable and prudent budgets agreed with him.

There's a storm comin'.

'we are selling out the club to the god of money' -
'we are BLUEBIRDS'

i'm not a Cardiff fan btw, just think this is nuts.

Still trying to work out how changing into a red strip magically boosts our foreign appeal to such an extent that it's worth throwing out a hundred years of history.
Red is the colour for Good Luck in China (and a lot of the Malaysian investors will be of Chinese origin).
Blue is the colour for immortality and is worn at funerals.
Man U and Liverpool have been popular in SE Asia for a long time, Chelsea less so, but that's probably more to do with historic success than strip colours.

Crappy decision, though.
Will they revert if the investors/sponsors pull out in a couple of years time if Cardiff fail to get promoted?

Back
Top Bottom