Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City close season news and rumours: rebranding of the stadium, strip change

Plus why build a new training facility? If the Vale is good enough for Man Utd it's good enough for us! Just trying to sweeten the deal.

What is the big attraction of a RED kit ? Man City and Chelsea seem to do OK in blue , the Red years are behind us , dwindling Arsenal fortunes , Liverpool fucked and Man Utd past their best .
It's all about the lolly. As usual.
They point to the fact that Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal have been able to crack the Asian market with the sale of replica shirts, but clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester City, who play in blue, have not.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...r-new-red-kit-and-club-emblem-91466-30926656/

Jesus:
Another condition of the investment package is that the club will change its first-choice colours from blue to red from next season onwards. Therefore, the home kit for 2012/13 will be a red shirt with black trim, black shorts and red socks. The away kit will be blue. The club's badge will also be altered to incorporate a red dragon as opposed to a bluebird.

The change of club colours and badge will take place regardless of whether or not the rest of the investment package comes to fruition.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=320834&start=0&rid=0
So the fans don't even get asked? Go fuck yourselves.

So if this is correct the club my great grandfather supported, and that I spent many years following between the old 4th division and the modern championship is now being totally rebranded at the whim of a distant, foreign plutocrat in order to break into the Asian market. 100+ years of tradition, loyalty joy and sorrow wiped out as part of a cynical marketing ploy.

I gave up on football as a result of the corruption and venality in the game that was embodied by what Ridsdale and Hammam did to my club, the lies they told, and the fans they let down. It would seem that this was the right decision. Even those cunts wouldn't have stooped this low.

I've been trying to get retweets for the petition on twitter, have got a couple. I know its only a small start but it's all I can manage at this time of night. This Faustian bullshit needs to be stopped.

Jesus h corbett. After 10 years living in the 'far east', I've yet to meet anyone who supports a team other than Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool, so this marketing brainfuckery is madness. As is any investor who hopes to make shedloads selling TV rights and promotional tours and shirts in East Asian countries with teams other than those above. Perhaps Man City will attract a minority following in seasons to come, but its doubtful (but then they do wear a wrongly-coloured strip).

Actually, having said that, I have met an Indonesian Rochdale fan and a Philippino Hull City supporter, but they'd lived there for a few years. Poor souls :(

If Cardiff change to red to satisfy the far east then that's a very very sad precedent.

By that token you'd have thousands of Swindon, or Belgium supporters clogging up the sports bars of Shanghai. Somehow I think this is largely bollocks. It didn't exactly put off that Thai PM from investing in Man City, or stop 'Chang' or 'Samsung' from sponsoring Everton & Chelsea. Japan play in blue too. I think the far east red thing is a bit fantasy driven and largely down to Man United being very successful at cornering it a long time ago. I really don't buy this as being any major significant factor at getting support.

Leicester City are now owned by a Thai consortium and sponsored by King Power (who lead the consortium iirc). They've remained blue. You can buy their shirts, mugs etc in Bangkok's airport... not many people do :(

I hope Cardif fans can prevent this from happening. If this is the price of 'success' then its to high.

It won't even bring success. Sunderland regularly spend tens of millions every year to get mid table in the Prem. Villa did the same. Look at Leicester - spent shedloads in the Summer.

Stop trying to be Man City or Chelsea and concentrate on playing good football, bringing local kids through and maybe give a club legend the manager's job. You'll get full houses every game. This sort of bollocks doesn't achieve anything.

It should be of concern to all fans: if this shit proves a big success for the club, I can't see many other clubs turning down similar offers.

It should be of concern to all fans: if this shit proves a big success for the club, I can't see many other clubs turning down similar offers.

Its a disgrace if it does happen and I would hope that we could all put our differences aside and unite behind you on this one.

(although I did chuckle at Raver Drews suggestion)

If it can happen to a club with supporters as passionate as Cardiff's, then there's every reason for other clubs to be deeply concerned.

As the first one to bring this issue up on here (in another thread) I have to say it sounds like it is a done deal. Kit and badge, gone

The lowest day of my football-following life

What a shower of shit they are

I would go off and support Dulwich Hamlet instead, but I think I'd need a bit more excitement.

dulwich-hamlet-03.jpg

Very concerning. Clubs (e.g. millwall and palace) have changed both their home kit and badges before, but never for financial reasons like this. It's getting harder to enjoy the so called beautiful game.

If it can happen to a club with supporters as passionate as Cardiff's, then there's every reason for other clubs to be deeply concerned.

Evolving a badge as say Leeds, Arsenal and Spurs did is one thing. But they kept many of the original elements - here were talking about the club's emblem completely going.

Deeply disturbing, moreso in that it seems the kit and badge happens regardless of any actual investment. Dark days.

I hope the fans can make their owners see this is a massive, massive mistake

http://theseventytwo.com/football-l...cardiff-city-prepare-to-cash-in-and-sell-out/

Would Cardiff fans still have a problem with the £100m investment if it weren't for the kit and badge change ?

Back
Top Bottom