Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright pundit. Why mention a club who has lost a big asset on a free, said they needed to strengthen their squad for the push this year, and has done pretty much very little in the transfer market due to financial difficulties.

I don't rate our chances so far either. Hoping they prove me wrong of course.

Was Ledley really an asset? Not interested for the last two seasons and injured for most of last season. I think we have achieved depsite him not becaus eof him.

Personally I think we are in better shape than last year, if, and its a big if mind, Koumas puts in a good season.

Lost Kennedy gained Naylor.

Lost Ledley gained Koumas, Drinkwater and possibly Olin whats his face from Hull.

Encks out Heaton in.

I'd sell Whitts as he wont do it again, and if we can sign Harewood I'd let Chops go and have the cash.

Personally I think we are in better shape than last year, if, and its a big if mind, Koumas puts in a good season.

Lost Kennedy gained Naylor.

Lost Ledley gained Koumas, Drinkwater and possibly Olin whats his face from Hull.

Encks out Heaton in.

I'd sell Whitts as he wont do it again, and if we can sign Harewood I'd let Chops go and have the cash.

Swap Chops for Marlon Harewood? How would that strengthen us?

Swap Chops for Marlon Harewood? How would that strengthen us?

I didn't say it would, just what I would do given the predicament we find ourselves in. It would however give us more options. Chopra can't play with Ross, whereas the consensus seems to be that Harewood would be able to play with Jay or Ross.

Olofinjana - can be a good player on his day.

Mostly a bit of a wimp though, shirking tackles.

Frustrating given his size.

Olofinjana - can be a good player on his day.

Mostly a bit of a wimp though, shirking tackles.

Frustrating given his size.

But will he be able to give a servcie to Bellamy? Thats all that concerns me.

Latest rumour is that there is a businessman in Cardiff prepared to sponsor wages for Bellamy to the tune of £40k a week!!!!!

is that him out of the avengers?

It might well be its getting that surreal at the moment. We are used to being linked iwth every available player, but this year they are actually all signing, no money spent great additions tio the squad and the big one still to come!!

http://www.realradiowales.co.uk/player/listen-again/kdfklf39/listen-6983/
Just listen to what Bellers has to say and tell me the guy isnt desperate to come to us. Love the bit when he says that he would love to get Cardiff to the prem and that it would worth 100 caps for WAles to him. Goes on to say that it is important for Wales to have a Premiership either Swansea or US, he said US!!! sounds like he has made his mind up where his future lies if its not at Man City!!

"Craig Bellamy 7/1 to sign for Cardiff City

Sky Bet make Craig Bellamy 7/1 to sign for Cardiff City following the news that Bellamy himself is unsure whether he will make Manchester City’s 25-man squad for the 2010/11 season. Bellamy is prepared to fight it out at Eastlands but with Roberto Mancini still looking at making further signings, the Welsh international may have to look elsewhere if he wants regular first team football.

Celtic remain the 1/3 favourites to secure the services of the 31-year-old with Fulham next best at 7/4 and Tottenham 2/1.

Sky Bet’s Tim Reynolds said: “Bellamy has always said that he would love to help Cardiff City gain promotion to the Premier League so if he doesn’t make Manchester City’s 25-man squad, the move could be on the cards especially if the Welsh captain would be willing to take a big drop in wages.”

In the other transfer news, Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano has been cut to 1/5 (from evens) to sign for Marseille following the news that Didier Deschamps is keen to sign the 29-year-old. It’s believed Fabiano is keen to play Champions League football in the upcoming season which Marseille would be able to offer him.

Craig Bellamy to join by the end of 2010 Summer Transfer Window

Celtic 1/3 Fulham 7/4

Tottenham 2/1 Cardiff 7/1

Aston Villa 14/1 Newcastle 14/1

Sunderland 16/1 Liverpool 25/1

Stuttgart 25/1 Everton 25/1

Wolfsburg 25/1 Stoke 25/1

Hamburg 25/1 Lyon 33/1

Marseille 33/1 Arsenal 50/1

Inter Milan 50/1 AC Milan 50/1

Chelsea 66/1 Real Madrid 66/1

Barcelona 66/1 Bayern Munich 66/1"

He was 16/1 yesterday.

Where have you been? Embargo was lifted a week ago.

Good news on the Bellamy front, he has been omitted from Man City Europa Cup squad!!!! Is this an indication that he will not be in the 25 man squad, if he isnt I think he'll be ours.

if we hadn't paid, the embargo would have been put back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom