Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It ain't so bad.

If he leaves, he leaves,

we move on.

we're bigger than DJ

As much as I'd like to agree if we look at the warchest we've had for the last three years I'd have to say we ain't that big and have been punching above our weight. Who else to thank for that except DJ? Who could possibly manage as well on as little?

Can't have this thread dropping off front page, but I guess its indicative of the crap we are putting up with currently.

Better noises coming from CCS this week tho.

Charlton may well be paid off this week, embargo lifted and Lee Naylor(replacement for Kennedy) training with us and marlon Harewood down at Vale complex!! If those both come off we are only a decent midfielder short of a bloody good squad.imho

Cant find a link, but there seems to be an awful lot of chatter on the interweb that we have signed koumas on season long loan - or at least we will when embargo lifted.

dont normally post rumours but this one seems to be everywhere at the moment.

Koumas is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was lazy in his 20s.

How lazy will he be now he is in his 30s?

Good player to have as a backup for Midfield but i can't see McPhail and him forming a solid midfield together.

He was lazy in his 20s.

How lazy will he be now he is in his 30s?

Good player to have as a backup for Midfield but i can't see McPhail and him forming a solid midfield together.

Jones got the best out of him when he was last with city, but that was 5 years ago, so who knows.

If he can return to previous city form I would rate him above McFail and even above Ledley

Memories

A friend in work and I were trying to work out if any of the squad were still around from when Koumas was last here.

No was the answer.

It certainly brought back some memories of players when we googled who was in fact here then.

Remember many of these?

Squad No.6

1. Neil Alexander
2. Jermaine Darlington
3. Chris Barker
4. Jeff Whitley
5. Darren Purse
6. Neil Cox
7. Neal Ardley
8. Jason Koumas
9. Alan Lee
10. Cameron Jerome
11. Paul Parry
12. Rhys Weston
13. Tony Warner
14. Willie Boland
15. Glenn Loovens
16. Joe Ledley
17. Kevin Cooper
18. Phil Mulryne
19. Toni Koskela
20. Byron Anthony
21. Danny Parslow
22. Stuart Fleetwood
23. Martyn Margetson
24. Richard Langley
25. Andy Campbell
26. Andrea Ferretti
27. Nicky Fish
28. Jon Kift

A friend in work and I were trying to work out if any of the squad were still around from when Koumas was last here.

No was the answer.

It certainly brought back some memories of players when we googled who was in fact here then.

Remember many of these?

I thought at the time that we had a decent squad. Looking at that lot now how mnay would get in a match day squad?

Nope. The season before and the season after were miles better squads.

I'd swap Rae of today for the Willie Bolland of 2005 though.

On BBC Breakfast News this morning they had some sports journalist on talking about the championship and who they fancied to go up etc and he didn't menttion Cardiff at all, which really pissed me off!

He did say it was going to be tight but I got all offended that our beloved CCFC didn't get a mention.

Bright pundit. Why mention a club who has lost a big asset on a free, said they needed to strengthen their squad for the push this year, and has done pretty much very little in the transfer market due to financial difficulties.

I don't rate our chances so far either. Hoping they prove me wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom