Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he, isn't he?

TG's swift response.

"Dear Supporters Trust, Supporters Club and all Cardiff City supporters,

As you will be aware there has been much conjecture in recent days over various issues surrounding the Club.

I wanted to write this short note to reaffirm our commitment and support to the Club and take the opportunity to thank you for your continuing support.

I reiterate the point made in the press statement yesterday, namely, the Club re-affirms its primary aim is to get the organisation back on a sensible and balanced business footing and to work through the challenges of the various debts, cash flow issues and other basic business functions in order to get the Football Club competing at the highest levels both on and off the pitch.

I am sure you will agree this is a sensible and vital first aim.

With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

As of yet no meeting has been set up and I have had no direct dialogue with Mr Hammam. If there is to be a meeting, I will be accompanied by the Club's solicitor and it will be to discuss a final settlement and timing of the whole Langston issue.

As for the postponement of the Malaysia trip, the timings and logistics didn't make it viable for the season and we look to reorganise for next year when dates etc can be confirmed well in advance. I stress the postponement was done with our full agreement.

As stated we remain committed to Cardiff City and hope that our actions over the coming months will prove this.

Thanks for your continued support."

Regards

Tg

Ledley gone to celtic

£3 million down the drain then :rolleyes:

I know it is his choice, but he has messed us about for a year now - so much for loyalty to this club and so much for wanting to play in the premiership.

Ledley gone to celtic

I know it is his choice, but he has messed us about for a year now - so much for loyalty to this club and so much for wanting to play in the premiership.

Stupid stupid boy.

Yes it will make him financially well off in the short term and make his agent a nice big fee (so guess who persuaded him it was a good move) but he has basically stepped off the career ladder.

You don't go from Scotland to the Prem. Basically you end up back in the Championship... if you are lucky.

Plus it disappoints me that someone who claims to love Cardiff through and through, a team that have developed him and gave him his career, has left us no with financial reward at a time when we are in deep financial shit. Greed over his childhood club. Makes me very sad and disappointed in him.

Let just hope that Loovens loan in return (throwing us a bone) rumour is true now i guess. Better than a kick in the balls alone.

:cool::cool:

Certainly not seen as a done deal up here as yet, be pleased if he does come though. From what i've seen he's not a bad player. :D

One other thing about this move. Ledley plays for Wales. If he ain't getting regular first team football in Scotland against quality opposition... He ain't going to much good for Wales in future :(

Thanks Joe, thanks a fucking bunch, your club is in fucking turmoil and could do with the cash that a move to Stoke would have given them, after you fucked them around for 3 years Cardif fan my fucking arse. At the end of the day you bottled it son, cos you know what every Cardiff fan knows deep down, you aint good enough for the Premiership and you shit out. Bye bye rat boy.

When my son is old enough to ask me why his middle name is Joe I will have great pleasure in telling him he was named after my favourite midfielder who played for one of the greatest football teams in the world, who was an awesome player with all the skills and at times set the premiership alight. Yes, Joe Cole.

Apparently Man Utd are loaning us a youngster. Centre Midfielder. Daniel Drinkwater.
Signed today.

Does that help any?

He can't sign until the embargo is lifted, but he is down training at Treforest.

He can't sign until the embargo is lifted, but he is down training at Treforest.

Does that count for loan signings also? As its not an actual transfer. No purchase involve just a percentage of salary to be paid.

So we've loaned Heaton and now Drinkwater. Think they'll let us have Giggs and Nani next?

Thanks Joe, thanks a fucking bunch, your club is in fucking turmoil and could do with the cash that a move to Stoke would have given them, after you fucked them around for 3 years Cardif fan my fucking arse. At the end of the day you bottled it son, cos you know what every Cardiff fan knows deep down, you aint good enough for the Premiership and you shit out. Bye bye rat boy.

When my son is old enough to ask me why his middle name is Joe I will have great pleasure in telling him he was named after my favourite midfielder who played for one of the greatest football teams in the world, who was an awesome player with all the skills and at times set the premiership alight. Yes, Joe Cole.

Now thats how you write disappointment heavily sprinkled with bitterness and reproach!

You don't go from Scotland to the Prem. Basically you end up back in the Championship... if you are lucky.

Stillian Petrov is on the phone, he wants a word. But I take your point, not many go from up here to the Premiership and of the few that do, most fail.

Can't say I'd be displeased if Ledley and Bullard (who has apparently been photographed at our training complex today) sign.

So you named your son after a footballer? That's never gonna end up a bit messy is it? Oh no..... :facepalm:

So you named your son after a footballer? That's never gonna end up a bit messy is it? Oh no..... :facepalm:

To be fair Mrs27 came up with the name,but it coincided with him scoring at wembley so it made a nice tale to tell people. In his restaurant in Washington DC we told the waiter that we named him after Joe Theismann, and he presented us with a signed photo of the man himself!!:D

To be fair Mrs27 came up with the name,but it coincided with him scoring at wembley so it made a nice tale to tell people. In his restaurant in Washington DC we told the waiter that we named him after Joe Theismann, and he presented us with a signed photo of the man himself!!:D

I remember him from Channel 4's coverage. I can understand naming your wean after a former player, but naming a wean after a current player is fraught with 'dangers'....

Ledley gone to celtic

You said it mate, so much for his loyalty to your lot !! He could have joined us & gained himself a reputation as a Prem player. But no, go for the big wage packet get your arse kicked by Rangers. He'll be a Championship also ran in two seasons ! :rolleyes:

Stupid stupid boy.

Yes it will make him financially well off in the short term and make his agent a nice big fee (so guess who persuaded him it was a good move) but he has basically stepped off the career ladder.

Try telling that to Henrik Larsson.

As for loyalty...it's football. The reason people like Giggs and Del Piero get plaudits is because their exceptions to the rule.

You said it mate, so much for his loyalty to your lot !! He could have joined us & gained himself a reputation as a Prem player. But no, go for the big wage packet get your arse kicked by Rangers. He'll be a Championship also ran in two seasons ! :rolleyes:

This!

If had left us and we had got £3m for him and he saved the club he would for ever have been a legend. As it is I hope he never darkens our door again. Thing is tho I think you have had a lucky escape, you'd have wasted your money cos imho he aint up to the prem anyway.

I remember him from Channel 4's coverage. I can understand naming your wean after a former player, but naming a wean after a current player is fraught with 'dangers'....

I remember Joe Theisman too. He was the unfortunate QB that got absolutely murderated by the speedy and utterly mean Giants LB Lawrence Taylor, his snapped knee rotating like a twig in a horrifying moment. So nasty were the compelling replays that it's stuck with me forever - indeed I think the TV company even ended up changing policy and apologising for the crystal clear grimness of it.

Good grab and blarney though 1927. I'm inclined to agree with you on Ledley too, the ungrateful cur. Cole it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom