Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Wigan take on Koumas. Too fucking right he was a proper waste of their cash. However, Jones has a habit of polishing turds and getting people to sort their careers out. Bothroyd is a prime example.

Spurs are faves to sign Bellers at 6/4, but odds on him coming home have come in from 8's to 4's in the past hour!!!

I can see Bothroyd going, but it's been rather quiet rumours wise for him. And Chops.

Bothroyd is the one player I can't see going anywhere. He has always said that DJ has brought the best out of him and he feels like a Cardiff boy. I think he might actually be loyal to the cause!

Oh yeah, we have offered Ledders a better deal than Celtic and he didn't go to Rome yesterday after all. His missus will be giving him stick to stay in cardiff with a baby on the way, he aint going anywhere!

Bothroyd is the one player I can't see going anywhere. He has always said that DJ has brought the best out of him and he feels like a Cardiff boy. I think he might actually be loyal to the cause!

Oh yeah, we have offered Ledders a better deal than Celtic and he didn't go to Rome yesterday after all. His missus will be giving him stick to stay in cardiff with a baby on the way, he aint going anywhere!

The baby has to go to Cantonian.

It's the law.

A lot of players have flourished under Jones after failing elsewhere. Boothroyd of all people can appreciate this, he has gone from a journeman that has never lived up to his potential to being a living legend. He must see that he is now a big fish in a little pond and i doubt if he is keen to go back to being a little fish in a big pond - warming the bench at a 'bigger' club.

from another place said:
CRAIG BELLAMY TO CARDIFF - "THE TRUTH"
by carlccfc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Prior to going on his holiday Dave Jones left a list of players with the powers that be at CCS to start the process of getting these players in.

The player at the top of his list is none other than Craig Bellamy, even though the papers have been running with this story for a while, I have remained a spectator until my contacts at the club could give me the truth on it's validity. This is the latest information and one that comes directly from our club.

Despite Craig Bellamy being the type of character Dave Jones does not normally go for in the dressing room, he is a very good friend of Dave Jones' and therefore DJ believes that he could handle Bellamy's temprament.

Here are the facts : Cardiff City officials have spoken with Man City and Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy has said that he wants to come to Cardiff City this coming season !

Negotiations have already taken place between Man City and Cardiff City regarding a season long loan to which both clubs are happy to see happen !

Cardiff City are prepared to pay 20% of Bellamy's wages, which amounts to £18,000 per week but Man City are simply not prepared to let Bellamy go on those terms.

It is now down to a couple of issues - either Cardiff City pay more of Bellamy's wage or Bellamy has a fall out with Man City and somehow has his contract ended.

The view is that the move is unlikely to happen now but the positive news is that Cardiff City are showing real ambition and also that Man City are prepared to let Bellamy come on loan ( if the terms are right ) and that Bellamy wants to come now.

I really hope that I will be informing you of his signing but truthfully I cant see it happening as the two clubs are so far apart in terms of the agreement.

But fair play to City and for me this is a statement of their intent.

Mmmmm!

Easily sorted. Sell Whitts to whoever for £2.5m and use money to pay Bellers whatever he wants. Interesting that there has been communication between clubs tho!

Mmmmm!

Easily sorted. Sell Whitts to whoever for £2.5m and use money to pay Bellers whatever he wants. Interesting that there has been communication between clubs tho!

Should get around £4m for Whitts surely? Bellers will sign next season when we're in the Prem. :cool:

Don't know if any of you saw in the Western Mail the other day, but they're saying that if Chops goes for £4mill; and we get Bellamy on loan say paying £30000 a week of his wages, that would cover it for the year. They went on to say if Matthews went the season after, thats Bellamy for another year. After that he's likely to retire. I'm sure he realises he'd have to take a pay cut though.

In other news though; i know a coach with Cardiff and he says that he doubts Chops would go cos he's on an expensive, long term contract and also that as far as he is concerned, Bothroyd will leave. Someone said earlier that Bothroyd feels like a Cardiff boy, and Dave Jones gets the best out of players known to have potential but not use it....cast your mind to Chopra. He came, he did good, he went. Of course; he came back. Perhaps the same story with Bothroyd?

Don't know if any of you saw in the Western Mail the other day, but they're saying that if Chops goes for £4mill; and we get Bellamy on loan say paying £30000 a week of his wages, that would cover it for the year. They went on to say if Matthews went the season after, thats Bellamy for another year. After that he's likely to retire. I'm sure he realises he'd have to take a pay cut though.

In other news though; i know a coach with Cardiff and he says that he doubts Chops would go cos he's on an expensive, long term contract and also that as far as he is concerned, Bothroyd will leave. Someone said earlier that Bothroyd feels like a Cardiff boy, and Dave Jones gets the best out of players known to have potential but not use it....cast your mind to Chopra. He came, he did good, he went. Of course; he came back. Perhaps the same story with Bothroyd?

Frankly the Western Mail know nothing and talk complete bollocks. If we get £4m for Chopra then by my maths that pays wages of £30k a week for more than a year!!

Anyway Matthews is the most likely to be first out of the door, I doubt he will be here next season.

We are in a bit of a catch 22 situation. It is quite possible that players are waiting to see of Bellers is coming before they commit to next season, but on the other hand we need someone to go before wqe can commit to Bellamy. If only Joe would make a move top the Prem so we would know we had some money for Craig.

I went to Stereophonics at CCS last night, first-ever gig in the place. I was in the middle tier of the Grandstand and oh my god the place looked beautiful, I was with some people who had never been there and they were heavily impressed, made me reflect on how far we have come even just in the last year, it was a beautiful night.

City-related highlights were loads of people Ayatollahing me as I had my City shirt on, the Grandstand in between songs burstinng into a sponataneous and quite emotional (ok it had been sunny and I was drinking 'bow) rendition of The Greatest Team In Football (it was fucking great!), and Kelly Jones, towards the encore going "thanks for coming everyone we've had a great time, and, er, if there are any Blackpool fans in tonight, fuck off"

Not big, or clever, but funny and pithy. Especially for a Leeds fan.

I went to Stereophonics at CCS last night, first-ever gig in the place. I was in the middle tier of the Grandstand and oh my god the place looked beautiful, I was with some people who had never been there and they were heavily impressed, made me reflect on how far we have come even just in the last year, it was a beautiful night.

City-related highlights were loads of people Ayatollahing me as I had my City shirt on, the Grandstand in between songs burstinng into a sponataneous and quite emotional (ok it had been sunny and I was drinking 'bow) rendition of The Greatest Team In Football (it was fucking great!), and Kelly Jones, towards the encore going "thanks for coming everyone we've had a great time, and, er, if there are any Blackpool fans in tonight, fuck off"

Not big, or clever, but funny and pithy. Especially for a Leeds fan.

Don't knock it mate, maybe we've converted him.

Should have seen the mess this morning tho. Know someone who was down there first thing and he filled his car with unopened cans and bottles that were left in the car park. Was a couple of drunks down there with the same idea, not as fussy about them being unopened tho, and they were lying in the park bolloxed at lunctime!!

Yeah mate I wasn't knocking Kelly really, fair play to him. He knew the gig had been organised by a City fan (a music promoter) who wanted to do the first gig at the ground, so he did well to (implicitly) big us up

Re the carnage, my (English, non-football) girlfriend said today of the toilets (and we were in the posh bit, corporate stuff, so god knows what the main ones were like!) "yeah the women's toilets were full of women who had been to the rugby, there was a lot of sick in the toilets, and blood"

:eek:

My Welsh pride soared ;)

walked back into town (en route to sunny Splott) at half midnight, usual scenario of no cabbies wanting to know, til one pulled over by the castle and touted us "I'll do you mate, two women and a Bluebird, tidy" he had his City top on and was well into it. Chwarae teg, like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom