Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or "doing a Blackpool" as it's otherwise known. ;)
You made a big enough arse of yourself last time Drew, so please don't start your weird obsessive nonsense here.

But if Cardiff's deal goes through, then we will clearly have an advantage over clubs who don't enjoy such a large investment - but we'll still need a good manager/chariman and careful management of the money.

See? I have no problem stating the bleeding obvious.

You made a big enough arse of yourself last time Drew, so please don't start your weird obsessive nonsense here.

But if Cardiff's deal goes through, then we will clearly have an advantage over clubs who don't enjoy such a large investment - but we'll still need a good manager/chariman and careful management of the money.

See? I have no problem stating the bleeding obvious.

It was just a gentle tease/bit of banter ed, no malice or beef intended mate. :) I still stand by my comments in the other thread mind. ;)

I'm genuinely pleased for Cardiff, and wish them well :cool: I wouldn't have wanted to see them dragged through any similar kind of shit that we're going through atm, it's increasingly looking like our takeover won't happen now and that the club will be liquidated :(

So that'll be one less promotion rival for you lot to worry about. :D

Its a new feeling, optimism from Cardiff fans after the biggest disappointment ever!

Exactly, looking forward to Pompey away!

I don't want to indulge myself too much in these rumours, otherwise I would be disappointed come August if we don't start with a team that consists of Giggs, Bellamy and Koumas.

"property magnate"....so not to piss on Cardiff fans' chips but he may not be that well off. And there's still the small matter of the £1.9m and the court case in June.

"property magnate"....so not to piss on Cardiff fans' chips but he may not be that well off. And there's still the small matter of the £1.9m and the court case in June.

He's worth $1.2 billion according to Forbes. As for the tax bill we made more than that last saturday!

I set em up..... :)

Nobody's answered my question. How do you feel about it? or... how would you feel if you suddenly started spending millions on new players, all funded by this malaysian fella?
Glad to answer.

IF - and it's a very big if - he start splashing zillions around on new players while other teams in the league struggle, then I will have a slightly uncomfortable feeling in the back of my mind as we win! win! win!

That said, those feelings will be relative to how much dosh is slopping around other clubs - it may turn out that a £6m investment (if that's what we actually get) may prove to be peanuts to spending elsewhere and do no more than keep the club afloat.

Either way, that size of investment is not exactly up there with the Chelsea's and Man City's and hugely unlikely to be enough for a team to buy their way into the Premiership.

Some very positive noises coming out of CCS today. Ridsdale has finally departed and the Malaysians are on the board, along with ex-Director isaacs who I believe has exchanged debt for shares.

There is a Malay tv company at the stadium working on a new tv series. they will be following city all season in a fly on the wall type docusoap as we try again to reach the promised land. Evidently Malaysians, who are only usually interested in the EPL are already embracing Cardiff as their own and millions tuned in to watch the game live last weekend. This can only be good. With the Malaysian public on board the investors are mor elikely to stick with us rather than lose face and have even more of an interest in seeing us promoted. We're gonna be massive!!! I think they've already lined up a Malaysian tour pre season.

He's worth $1.2 billion according to Forbes. As for the tax bill we made more than that last saturday!

You should try paying it then :D "on paper" isn't the same as money available to spend. I wish Cardiff luck but the recent history of these types of owners isn't exactly a glittering success.

One thing is for certain - the Championshiup will be a cracker again next year!

You should try paying it then :D "on paper" isn't the same as money available to spend. I wish Cardiff luck but the recent history of these types of owners isn't exactly a glittering success.

One thing is for certain - the Championshiup will be a cracker again next year!

agree with all of this. apart from wishing cardiff luck :p

Has it sunk in yet?

We're in a new chapter of ownership.
ALways scary at first cause you never know what kind of owner they'll turni out to be. We've had some rotters in the past. Surely they can't be any more dodgy than Sam and Rids.

*Hopes these aren't famous last words.*

actually, i'm mentioned on that thread by the person who says he wound up a rovers fan a treat last night. it was someone off a different message board who refused to get wound up by me trying to get a rise out of him. i eventually had to concede defeat, he wasn't as easy to wind up as you lot :p

actually, i'm mentioned on that thread by the person who says he wound up a rovers fan a treat last night. it was someone off a different message board who refused to get wound up by me trying to get a rise out of him. i eventually had to concede defeat, he wasn't as easy to wind up as you lot :p

you are the easiest of the lot

latest odds from paddypower for the championship

http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/coca-cola-championship

favourites

:D

Maybe they've seen these.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8714667.stm

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200402

Bellamy and Koumas coming!!!! We better extend the stadium now, cos we gonna be selling a few more season tickets at this rate and we're already over 17,000 for next season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom