Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardiff are having a little trouble getting started.....:D (or should I say, getting ripped a new one)

Abysmal show today. Hard to believe that we started with the same team played so well one week ago.

Time the players awards were moved to post season. Their pods up last week / ego stroke did us no favours today.

We were shit but not as bad as the ref, 2 stone cold pens denied and probably in excess of 7 other blatant handballs unpunished, Boro could have thrown the ball into the net and it would have been given!

We were shit but not as bad as the ref, 2 stone cold pens denied and probably in excess of 7 other blatant handballs unpunished, Boro could have thrown the ball into the net and it would have been given!

Did I miss something, or early on didn't he call Whittingham offside direct from a throw. Only one on the pitch worse than Cardiff's defenders.

Not good enough to blame the ref I'm afraid - however bad he was.

We were shocking today, another grand capitulation in the spirit of 0-6 at Preston, 0-3 at home to Ipswich at the end of 08/09.

Perhaps Ali put the hex on us with his premature talk of a lap of "appreciation" - (again shades of the Ninian play-off defeat against Stoke) I wonder how many saps stayed around for that - did the team have the balls to come back out tonight?

Well done to Norwich and Paul Lambert - but we really handed it to you on a plate.

Talk of a culture of choking at CCFC may be over the top, and may yet play into the hands of Forest, Reading and Swansea, but really, something needs sorting down there.

Still hopeful in a deluded and desperate kind of way, but the omens are not good...

I come in peace - although my long-standing connections with the fair city of Naaarij made me favour them slightly.
so firstly well done Norwich City - it's a phenomenal achievement to go from 1st div to EPL in 2 seasons (and with a fraction of Man Arab's money, then or now).
Second, bad luck bluebirds. You've still got the play-offs, and to me you look - comfortably - the pick of the most likely four. I'm hoping you get there that way, because I reckon the EPL will be enriched by you being there. On the form you've shown for most of the season, you deserve it.
And, after all, there is still the little matter of QPR's day up before the beak....

It's another of those times where I wish my club didn't live 'in interesting times'.

I'm seriously debating missing the playoffs by going abroad or something. Learn the good or bad news when I get back. It's just all too much with Swansea involved too.

Well, desultory would be putting it mildly

Bit like Gromit I am struggling to face the play offs. The M4 back to west London last night was a long dark night of the soul.

On the plus side, I met Badlands' mate. Who I thought was Badlands.

On the plus side again, surely they can't ever play that bad again? Bellers, or someone else with some balls, to do the team talk and get us through this bullshit

Burnley away on Sat. Well, at least they have nice pies

Play offs, fucking hell

Well, desultory would be putting it mildly

Bit like Gromit I am struggling to face the play offs. The M4 back to west London last night was a long dark night of the soul.

On the plus side, I met Badlands' mate. Who I thought was Badlands. And a big thank you to 1927 for sorting me and my mate with tickets in the Premier lounge which I havent even paid him for yet as I didnt hang around for a beer with him cos I was that pissed off with the result.On the plus side again, surely they can't ever play that bad again? Bellers, or someone else with some balls, to do the team talk and get us through this bullshit

Burnley away on Sat. Well, at least they have nice pies

Play offs, fucking hell

Edited for ya!lol

My text said "That is Badlands mate" I hould have added punctuation I meant "That is Badlands, mate" lol

Edited for ya!lol

I didn't big you up in the mail as I didn't want to sound a sycophant. Cheers for sorting me boss, I must admit I was confused when you told me it was Badlands' mate!

We had to skip at the end as our lift was waiting - I'll get you some beers at the Play Offs, innit

What a day

Look for more of this in the play-offs. The prospect of City in the Prem does not appeal to the powers that be.

Look for more of this in the play-offs. The prospect of City in the Prem does not appeal to the powers that be.

I had the same feeling yesterdya watching that as I did the season we lost to Stoke. bad refereeing is one thing, but yesterday was just one sided cheating imho. I felt against Stoke some of the decisions were so wrong that they had to be bent and felt same yesterday. We didnt derserve to iwn, but we didnt desreve to lose 3-0. apart from the pen appeals, there were time swhen Bellers was called offside when there was no way in the world he was even cose, or advantage being played when they attacked and once when we had a man advantage and Oli was screaming clear we got hauled back. They dont want us in the EPL boys and the refs have been told. Nothing will persuade me otherwise.

My text said "That is Badlands mate" I hould have added punctuation I meant "That is Badlands, mate" lol

I got bombarded with calls and texts 5 mins before kick off. I misread one text from 1927, I thought it said take a pic of Placid, what it actually said was take a pic of our aussie mate. So Placid must have been well and truly confused when a mate of Badlands ie me, asked him to pose for a picture.

:D

1927 your a legend! A great day spoilt only by the football.

I had the same feeling yesterdya watching that as I did the season we lost to Stoke. bad refereeing is one thing, but yesterday was just one sided cheating imho. I felt against Stoke some of the decisions were so wrong that they had to be bent and felt same yesterday. We didnt derserve to iwn, but we didnt desreve to lose 3-0. apart from the pen appeals, there were time swhen Bellers was called offside when there was no way in the world he was even cose, or advantage being played when they attacked and once when we had a man advantage and Oli was screaming clear we got hauled back. They dont want us in the EPL boys and the refs have been told. Nothing will persuade me otherwise.

Cmon fellas. I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man but really.....

You all know that City are more than capable of blowing any chances of promotion, with even a hint of pressure in the air - we don't need any outsiders cynically subverting our glorious charge to the promised land. We can do that ourselves - it's what we are good at.

We kind of know what will happen in the Playoffs, and i sincerely doubt it will involve a 4th visit to wembley, and even if it did how it would end.

Not being overly pessimistic, just a realist.

There again the team may collectively grow a backbone and a Buster Gonad wheelbarrow-sized set of cojones, but seriously, don't hold your breath....

Ps. It aint called the EPL!

I got bombarded with calls and texts 5 mins before kick off. I misread one text from 1927, I thought it said take a pic of Placid, what it actually said was take a pic of our aussie mate. So Placid must have been well and truly confused when a mate of Badlands ie me, asked him to pose for a picture.

:D

1927 your a legend! A great day spoilt only by the football.

Yeah so I thought you were your mate, despite you having told me that you were you

By the time you asked me for a picture I was so confused you could have told me I had to run up Caerphilly mountain naked and I would have believed you

Good to meet you comma mate

;)

I'm not saying Andy Grey was right to assume that all female officials are rubbish and don't know the off side rule etc.

However I have to say the woman in question was seriously rubbish yesterday. Bellers was having a right go at her for her crapiness I also note.

Kevin flooring her seemed almost poetic.

Worked in our favour twice just to prove her offside shitness wasn't bias. Bothroyd was a whole yard off on one of em.

The Cardiff players were obviously having a discussion in the dressing room about whether they'd smash her or not, and Kev took it literally!

Looks pretty deliberate to me.

Nah, i was about 10 yards from it when it happened. The touch he put on the ball was perfectly weighted, you can see the moment he suddenly realises he can run onto it, which is when he slams into Massey.

100% not deliberate.

Some of the shouts from the Cardiff fans were a bit OTT - "YOU'RE THE REASON US WOMEN SHOULDN'T HAVE GOT THE VOTE"

Fail. :facepalm::facepalm:

Nah, i was about 10 yards from it when it happened. The touch he put on the ball was perfectly weighted, you can see the moment he suddenly realises he can run onto it, which is when he slams into Massey.

100% not deliberate.

Some of the shouts from the Cardiff fans were a bit OTT - "YOU'RE THE REASON US WOMEN SHOULDN'T HAVE GOT THE VOTE"

Fail. :facepalm::facepalm:

re-posted due to youtube removal.

I'm sceptical, he seems to take an extra step away from the ball and towards her, with his body language not exactly looking like someone who is trying to avoid a collision. Then doesn't even apologise or offer her a hand up ? :hmm:

It didn't from where I was sitting but certainly does on that vid i'll admit.

From Row X right above it did not look at all deliberate, but I have to say that vid makes Kev look like a bit of a dick :hmm:

(there were some debatable decisions by all 3 officials, but let's be clear about who really fucked up last night...)

re-posted due to youtube removal.

I'm sceptical, he seems to take an extra step away from the ball and towards her, with his body language not exactly looking like someone who is trying to avoid a collision. Then doesn't even apologise or offer her a hand up ? :hmm:

Trust me. He was going for the ball (which is off camera). We were 3-0 down fighting to get in the game, Kev isn't the sort of player to be trying to knock over the lineswomen. He wants to win.

Harsh for not apologising though. Out of order I say.

I'm not saying Andy Grey was right to assume that all female officials are rubbish and don't know the off side rule etc.

However I have to say the woman in question was seriously rubbish yesterday. Bellers was having a right go at her for her crapiness I also note.

Kevin flooring her seemed almost poetic.

Worked in our favour twice just to prove her offside shitness wasn't bias. Bothroyd was a whole yard off on one of em.

Actually she was better than the bloke by a mile. He made the serious errors, whilst she may have got a couple of close offside calls wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom