Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a Kinder Surprise match.

Chocolately goodness but ultimately the prize is disappointing.

When will we learn to hold onto a lead?

It was a dreadful performance played out with all the passion and urgency of a church fete - an end-of-season type fete with nothing to play for.

This team of useless tosspot surrender monkeys couldn't fight their way out of a wet Echo, will undoubtedly lose to Millwall next week and look to be nailed on for 7th spot.

At least that would avoid the inevitable Play-Off Semi Final defeat.

9 games to go and I'm almost past caring now. The disappointment I can live with - it's the spineless lack of effort I can't.

Overseen as usual by Mr Platitude Dave Jones whose post-match pronouncements are getting more annoying with their familiarity.

Still, Whittingham did score goal of the season! :)

Norwich man, they have scored in the last minute (to win points, not when like 4 down) I think 9 times this season. Fair play to them, at least they fucking want it. Paul Lambert, top man

Could be a blessing in disguise. Had he come back he wouldn't have been full strength at a key point of the season but Dave Jones would have played him anyway. (Like he did with Bothroyd last year in the Playoff final).

I'd rather have someone putting in full effort and not sapping the energy of the rest of the squad.

Obviously I'd much prefer to have a fully fit firing on all cylinders Chopra but he ain't been that since his ankle bone chipped.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Had he come back he wouldn't have been full strength at a key point of the season but Dave Jones would have played him anyway. (Like he did with Bothroyd last year in the Playoff final).

I'd rather have someone putting in full effort and not sapping the energy of the rest of the squad.

Obviously I'd much prefer to have a fully fit firing on all cylinders Chopra but he ain't been that since his ankle bone chipped.

like boothroyd you mean?

Fucking hell, that was an incredible match - wild fans, goal galore and an incredible atmosphere.

I'd hope the Cardiff fan who fell from the top tier is OK. Here's hit the seats below and the Millwall fuckers cheered.

They later announced that his injuries 'weren't life threatening' but it was an hell of a drop :(

Fucking hell, that was an incredible match - wild fans, goal galore and an incredible atmosphere.

I'd hope the Cardiff fan who fell from the top tier is OK. Here's hit the seats below and the Millwall fuckers cheered.

They later announced that his injuries 'weren't life threatening' but it was an hell of a drop :(

Holy shit! :eek:

Last min equaliser again, how many times have we conceded late in the last few months. :(

fair do's tho, they applauded him when he got stretchered out

one hell of a game

we're still in this

C"MON!!

Sorry to say that my pessimism is rising. We blew a 1-0 and then a 3-2 lead and will be missing Chops and Bothroyd.

We're going to lose in the playoffs again :(

millwall-cardiff-march-2011-30.jpg

Some pics here: http://www.urban75.org/blog/millwall-3-cardiff-city-3-19th-march-2011/

And some decent perspective from Dave Jones:

Speaking after the game, which ended 3-3, Cardiff City manager Dave Jones said: "I couldnt give two hoots about the result after that. One or two of the players saw it, and Craig (Bellamy) said it made him feel physically sick. "We dont know much about him, but all well say is that we as a club send our best wishes for a speedy recovery. "We desperately want to do well for our supporters and as a club we have a duty to them. At the moment, we are all just concerned about that guy.

millwall-cardiff-march-2011-30.jpg

Some pics here: http://www.urban75.org/blog/millwall-3-cardiff-city-3-19th-march-2011/

And some decent perspective from Dave Jones:

Nice touch from DJ.

According to CCMB the geezer is OK, which is great news if true.

Meanwhile, despite the stats and the reports of a battling performance, we have yet again thrown away two vital points.

2 points from 12 is relegation form. Even if we do stumble into the Play-Offs, Jones and his capitulating chokers of a team are destined for defeat.

I'd be delighted if they proved me wrong, but am convinced we are fucked. What happened to the team that was hogging second spot for most of the season? :mad:

Nice touch from DJ.

Meanwhile, despite the stats and the reports of a battling performance, we have yet again thrown away two vital points.

2 points from 12 is relegation form. Even if we do stumble into the Play-Offs, Jones and his capitulating chokers of a team are destined for defeat.

I'd be delighted if they proved me wrong, but am convinced we are fucked. What happened to the team that was hogging second spot for most of the season? :mad:

we ain't chokers

we're a much better team than last year and the year before

we are the team that no-one wants in the play-offs

believe

innit

Nice touch from DJ.

It sounds a cop out, but it just seems that we're not having the luck here; we hit the post twice again today and had a penalty that was awarded and then revoked.

I remember when we got promoted all these sorts of things just seemed to go our way, but at the moment it's just not happening. Have a little faith, bro!

It sounds a cop out, but it just seems that we're not having the luck here; we hit the post twice again today and had a penalty that was awarded and then revoked.

I remember when we got promoted all these sorts of things just seemed to go our way, but at the moment it's just not happening. Have a little faith, bro!

believe

even if we have a play off with the jacks

believe

even if we have a play off with the jacks

Like those Glee and Journey boys I will never stop believing - although I may do if we end up having to face Swansea in the Play-Offs, cos you know how that will end!

I'm taking a more stoical and sanguine position now, expecting the worst, but prepared for an extraordinary twist and the best.

After last season we all thought we'd blown the best chance of promotion for a generation, and feared that it would be another 30/40 years before we were that close again.

Here we are 12 months later, again within gobbing distance of Wembley - so if it all goes tits up then it will be time to start again with a new manager and a new group of players next season - hopefully with the secret missing ingredients of backbone and bollocks to go with the undoubted skills and Hollywood showboating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom