Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the worst City performances I have ever seen. Watford, as trailed in their win at QPR on tv a few weeks ago, attacked at pace and in numbers. We were proper shit. Nothing up front (Keogh is less than useless) nothing in centre mid (Oli is way off it) and fuck me I didn't boo him when he got subbed off after 35mins to save him from himself, but Naylor played like a man asleep, he was getting done time and time and time again.

We were lucky to get away with 4-1 cos we were honestly all over the shop. After the last 2 months fuck knows how we are still 2nd

We keep hearing talk about star players possibly coming in jan. Strikers and midfielders. I'd be greatful for a 2 half decent defenders to replace Hudson and Naylor.

DJ doesn't see Hudson as a problem though :O(

Very decent player at this level, bit gutted Palace didn't sign him up permanently tbh. Does this mean Cardiff are going to cash in on Bothroyd ?

could be,

DJ plays his cards close to his chest.

Though, I reckon he's off to Fulham

Cannot see this happening - what's the point of £2 million now if we don't get promoted?

James Vaughan is a decent player but he is no Jay Bothroyd.

Sell Bothroyd and we can kiss goodbye to promotion - automatic or otherwise...

From Bothroyd's twitter "Not sure if we have signed James Vaughan hope we have improving the squad is key"

Doesn't sound like a man who's looking to leave. :hmm:

fwiw from seeing them both play quite a few times, I think Vaughan has the potential to be even better than Bothroyd at this level. A lot of similarities in the way that they play the game. He's already shown this season he can score goals at this level but does seem to be quite injury prone too. He'd be a natural replacement and maybe a shrewd bit of business if someone puts in a silly bid for Bothroyd in January.

Cannot see this happening - what's the point of £2 million now if we don't get promoted?

James Vaughan is a decent player but he is no Jay Bothroyd.

Sell Bothroyd and we can kiss goodbye to promotion - automatic or otherwise...

True.

So true,

but if he ain't signing a contract...........

Yeah but even if he isn't signing a contract, what is the point in us punting hime for say 2 mill now, from a business point of view we would be far better off taking that hit and letting him go in the summer, with him surely the single biggest key to us (maybe) securing the much-more-than-2-mill that the Prem offers. Also he would get a better move then,if he wants away. And Fulham, surely he has more ambition than that?

Yeah but even if he isn't signing a contract, what is the point in us punting hime for say 2 mill now, from a business point of view we would be far better off taking that hit and letting him go in the summer, with him surely the single biggest key to us (maybe) securing the much-more-than-2-mill that the Prem offers. Also he would get a better move then,if he wants away. And Fulham, surely he has more ambition than that?

Go to Fulham now and there is no guarantee he will be at a better placed club than City next season. I thought it was just agent talk when he was linked with the scousers, but right now he could probably walk in to Anfield, they could do with his goals.

There have been so many times where we should have been promoted but weren't.

The club will consider that when making financial decisions about soon to be out of contract players.

Keeping Bothroyd does not guarantee us promotion. None of our players do.

...but Bothroyd does more than any other individual player does!

1927 is right Fulham could well be on their way down. Mind you WHU could do with him ;)

I reckon he'll stay. Point taken Liverpool are a bit fucked by their standards, and he is better than any of their strikers, bar Torres

Stay Jay, you know it makes sense

Well if you think about it there are signs that he could be going.

1. Not playing last match. Injured or being protected from injury until the deal goes through. Hope he plays today to remove this possible indicator from my mind.
2. The club leaking a signing before it happens. DJ and club don't do this anymore for fear of being shown up or used by agents. Why this time? Soften the blow beforehand?
3. Someone in the pub told me that they saw Bothroyd in London recently eating a mars bar. Say no more.

DOOM N GLOOM.

2-0 down.

Our slide of results doesn't seem to want to end.

3-0

If we lose on Tuesday, then I'm afraid I have officially switched to the JONES OUT gang.

We are fifth atm and dropping like the proverbial boulder.

The acquisition of Jon Parkin to resolve our problems would be funny if it were not so tragic.

And if Jay Bothroyd is allowed to leave then I feel (as mentioned earlier) that it will deal a catastrophic blow to our promotion aspirations - really would be on a par with the sale of John Toshack back in the day.

Happy New Year bluebirds! :mad:

If we lose on Tuesday, then I'm afraid I have officially switched to the JONES OUT gang.

I think I'm already there. Yes we have a few weak links but this squad should be a top 2 team easily, on current form we wont get there. He has to go, the Malaysians wont keep bankrolling us forever, its this season or never.

That, my Bluebird chums, is a fucking terrible signing on every level. Not least what it may say about Jay.

Today is the first time I have thought we may actually be fucked. I am thinking it right now.

eta: first time I have thought it this season. I have thought it many times over the last 30 years, natch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom