Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame. when they got promoted to the championship, their fans said we'd never play them in the league again. the way things are going, we might not be playing them next season either...

Weird thing is that despite being 0-2 down after 6 minutes I turned to guy next to me and said, "I'm still confident",Never had any worries today.

I know exactly what you mean.

Compared to previous seasons its weird innit,

4 points off the hoops and Bellamy back on Tues

I can't even smell a camel

shame. when they got promoted to the championship, their fans said we'd never play them in the league again. the way things are going, we might not be playing them next season either...

Apart from their two goals they didnt have a lot to offer. James and his defence dont seem to get on and at one point he had to be sepearted from one of them by the ref, reminiscent of Marchall and Gerard last season. At the end James ran staright down the tunnel, didnt acknowledge fans or team mates, he must be wondering what the hell he has got him into, cos to be fair he is still a superb keeper.

How do the BBC allocate time on the Football League show. QPR in scoreless draw with Norwich, 10minutes, 5 goal thriller at cardiff 1min20secs!!!!

A London actor singing the oldest football chant in the world is outselling Cheryl Cole, JLS and Westlife to top the music charts.

Jonathan Owen recorded the song "I’ll be there" to raise money for his club, Cardiff City.

It was originally sung by Welsh miners during the General Strike of 1926, and is believed to be the oldest chant still regularly sung at any football club.

full story

They actually sing this?

In the days to call, which we have left behind,
Our boyhood’s glorious game,
And our youthful vigour has declined
With its mirth and its lonesome end;
You will think of the time, the happy time,
Its memories fond recall
When in the bloom of your youthful prime
We’ve kept upon the ball

FA Cup final will do nicley thanks.

Us for automatic Jacks going up thru play-offs.

I said this at the start of the season to my jack loving friend...2 welsh teams in the prem would be fantastic. I don't want to go to Wembley as the both times I have been in recent years, we have lost.

sorry for c&p but it should be of interest

from another MB

This morning the board of Cardiff City met and the necessary paperwork was signed off by the current directors to allow an additional 3 directors to be added to the board. Two of the new directors are from Malaysia and the other is from Singapore. During the intial investment from Malaysia, the terms of the agreement allowed the Malaysians to appoint 2 directors of their choice and they could also name the Chairman.

Today the board met to sign a new agreement allowing the Malaysians to add a further 3 names to the board. It is my belief that one of the names added will be that of Vincent Tan. In 2 seperate conversations I have been told of the 3 new directors added and in another how the club will hopefully be shaped over the coming months.

I am told that there will be movements in the boardroom and that key positions will have the personnel changed. Vincent Tan will eventually become Chairman of the club. Tan will not become Chairman immediately but he is without a doubt the one person at present who is controlling the club. Where will this leave TG ?

There will be a restructuring of the board over time and I for one hope that TG has a place on the new board if these changes take effect as it was TG who introduced the club to Vincent Tan and now that Tan is getting his teeth into the club I hope that TG does not get left behind. Maybe I am a soft touch but I believe that TG is living a dream.and it would be sad if he was not part of the very exciting times we have ahead of us.

I have learned this week that Vincent Tan's son U-Jiun is being lined up to be the future Chief Executive and will become more and more involved with the running of the club on a day to day basis. Where will this leave Gethin Jenkins ?

I believe that Gethin could still have a role at the club and I understand that he has become heavily involved with the commercial deptartment since the redundancies of Suzanne Twamely and Kate Schmidt. At present it is my belief that Gethin has a 1 year contract.

Whilst I am talking about redundancies I took a call today from someone at the club and they claimed that many people within the club are extremely nervous of the threat of job cuts.

Some of you may have noticed that prior to the game on Saturday, Gethin took U-Jiun around the pitch where U-juin performed a good luck ritual at each corner of the pitch.

Thus far Vincent Tan has committed £14 million into the club which is an astronomical figure but if he wishes to own the club outright then I believe it would take a figure of over £40million to settle all the debts and creditors etc. When you take into account Langston, PMG, Ray Ranson, Isaacs, Borley etc. Tan is taking his time and his weighing up all the options. Will he go alone or will one of the new directors be a business partner ?

PMG on September 1st were due an installment of £2million and they have agreed with Vincent Tan to waive the amount until a later date which Tan is very comfortable with and Paul Guy is happy in the knowledge that the club have a realistic chance of promotion and you can start guessing the figures that the share price would be if we did succeed and make the Premiership. Vincent Tan has yet to inform Paul Guy if he is going to be turning £2.7million pound of the debt into shares and is using the time he has on his side before making the decision.

TG remains heavily involved at present and as I said recently he was involved in the meeting along with Vincent Tan on the settlement between the club and Peter Ridsdale. I bring some excellent news on this, PR was due his settlement on 15/10/10 but the club exercised the 3 working day grace that was in the agreement. In further developments it has now been confirmed to me that Peter Ridsdale has been totally and utterly and legally screwed by Vincent Tan and will not receive a penny of the service contract that he presented to the board back in January demanding £1million for him to resign.

Peter Ridsdale signed an agreement that forfeited his right to any monies that he may have been entitled too under his contract and he will only receive money for his shares that he was gifted as a bonus by the club but the price will certainly not exceed the price that they were gifted to him at of 11p per share but I am told that the price could possibly be half of that.

On Friday of last week TG and Vincent Tan also had a meeting in London with Langston. There were proposals from Vincent Tan to Langston and vice versa. Both sides have gone away to consider the talks and with negotiations at such a sensitive stage and the importance of the historical debt to the club I will not comment any more on this matter.

Last nights game at Coventry was a huge plus for the club, not only on the pitch but also off it. Last night 1299 city fans were in the away end and of those 1200 bought match tickets through the club's ticket office but on the night a turnstile was open which allowed pay on the gate. There were 4 police spotters at the game, 2 from each constabulary and they did not leave their control room. Hopefully this is another step forward for us and we will see less and less restrictions in future. For the first time in 30 years of a Cardiff City away match has there been no normal policing at a game and this shows the huge strides the club has made and is continuing to make.

sorry for c&p but it should be of interest

from another MB

This morning the board of Cardiff City met and .......................... this shows the huge strides the club has made and is continuing to make.

before i make the effort to read this, who actually posted this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom