Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2008-09

Striker? :( Wasting time we should be spending on looking to bolster our defence.

We need a Centre Back and a Left Back to replace Loovens and Capaldi (whilst he's out on injury).

I don't care if they are permanent or loan signings but those are the positions we need to strengthen right now.

Gyepes is a centre back I think. He did used to be good but had a bad knee injury. He's a Hungarian international.

There is also a striker apparently we're trying to sign pending a work permit being granted.

I just text a mate who's a big Northampton fan.

He replied - 'Very good defender. Hungarian International. Has played in Champions League, but got injured at Wolves. Good purchase tho'

:hmm:

Ridsdale is on Galloway's show right now, which is a touch surreal, putting the boot into ticket prices for football matches.

Big funky George, or whatever it is he likes to be called these days, is patting Ridsdale on the back for his promise to freeze ticket prices at Cardiff if and when we reach the Premiership.

They then shared a joke about how much money they lost investing in Leeds shares.:rolleyes:

Power to the people, George.

Eddie Johnson in on loan.

Pace scares championship defences. And Johnson makes earnie look like a slug.

It could work!

According to Sky, at Ninian Park Norwich have just had a penalty awarded, scored it, and then had the penalty disallowed. Anyone know more?

Dunno.

We're one up through Ross McCormack at the moment. Looks a decent bit of business already.

ETA: Apparently Cureton sent it wide. The Penalty, that is.

There is only so much 11 men can do against 13 men (add the ref and one linesman to the Norwich squad).

Robbed by the officials we were!

Had to give today a miss, new baby duties!!

But hell, give it time, we are still unbeaten and McCormack is scoring for fun.

Don't understand why Comminges isn't being given a game cos preseason I thought he was the man!

Com put some good tackles in when he came on but he is too undisciplined which causes his colleagues coverage issues.

Is it true that the lad McCormack is wearing a number 44 shirt?

And if so, can anyone throw light as to why this is?

I was thinking the very same watching him last week. One of my all time sporting heroes wore the #44 shirt, anyone wanna hazard a guess as to who that might be?

4 + 4 = 8?

8 shirt was unavailable.

Hazarding a guess. Players do things like that a lot.

Ricky, Rae and Capaldi now all on the injury list. Purse/Johnson partnership still looking shaky after conceding yet another soft goal when the City were cruising. Eddie Johnson apparently had a shocker.

We obviously need to strengthen, but Pistol Pete has already apparently said that no more money will be spent :-(

No apparently about it. He did one thing all game. Was lazy as hell.

Was a nightmare to lose three players to injury in the first half.

MK Dons played really nice football. But we got the result. An entertaining night if not for the right reasons.

reserve game weds, we gave a trial to a young french guy Herold Goulon.
6 foot five inch monster. 19 years of age.
defensive midfielder. just released from boro. 2 years ago he was touted as the next Viera.
cant find a single report how he did tho.
He is available on a free.
As is my mate, well, available for, a few packets of duty free and a nights worth of ale, he's got a decent right foot. plays midfield.
Might be useful come saturday.

Not bad result today. I would have taken a point cos we never win at Bramall.
Still unbeaten this season, unlike the fans who will probably take the mother of all beatings from South Yorks police, they love us going up there!

Swansea home to Bluebirds in Cup

we got the jacks in Nov for Carlin Cup! :eek::D
bbc said:
Swansea and local rivals Cardiff will clash in the third round of the Carling Cup after the two Welsh sides were paired together in Saturday's draw.

The tie is set for the week commencing 22 September, with Swansea having home advantage at the Liberty Stadium.

It provides an early meeting this season between sides who will meet twice more in the Championship.

Swansea host Cardiff in the league on 30 November, with the return at Ninian Park on 4 April.

The previous time the pair clashed at this level of competition was in 1999, when Cardiff and Swansea were last in the same division.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/7589660.stm

You never seen so many police scattered all over the place. 2 coppers on every street corner would = 1.7 million police.

Cardiff had a good first half but faded in the second half. A final burst in injury time, to the crowd appeal of give us goal, was brave but fruitless.

Ref didn't protect Cardiff at all and we were lucky that no one wasn't stretchered off. If Utd fell over though he'd stop play immediately.

Ref didn't protect Cardiff at all and we were lucky that no one wasn't stretchered off. If Utd fell over though he'd stop play immediately.
Unfortunately I only got to watch the first half but how can a fan of a team of players that go down holding their head so the ref has to stop play, only to be treated for a fucking ANKLE injury, have the nerve to criticise the ref for stopping play only when Sheff Utd players go down!? And according to Radio Sheff and by the sounds of it every other person in the ground (including you most likely) we should have had one of the most clear cut penalties ever seen, but yea, you're right, the ref was on Sheff Utd's side...

When the ref is taking the P you have no choice but to play him back otherwise you'd get nothing at all.

Can't comment on the pen. It was at the other end of the ground. Plus just cause you are biased doesn't mean you can't be chicken too. So many refs are chicken as fuck about giving pens.

Any news on Boyd signing. I notice he was dropped from the bench for Rangers today, so he's obv going somewhere!

Any news on Boyd signing. I notice he was dropped from the bench for Rangers today, so he's obv going somewhere!

It's gonna be Killen and Quashie. (1970s northern soul duo)

Tho Smertin is being touted!

If we get Boyd, we're going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom