Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2008-09

Can't make the Bristol game gotta save money for fucking uni. :(

Enjoy it, I'm kinda hoping the new stadium gets delayed so I can go to a few more games whilst living in Manchester.

Gawd it feels like i haven't seen a ball kicked in anger for aaaages.

Roll on tomorrow. Just hope out injury problems don't cause us too many problems.

Rae is supposed to be fit but i thought he'd be out much much longer. We rushing him back in?

Not bad game today - we're sorely missing a striker and our goalie doesn't inspire confidence, but there were solid performances, and it was great to see a 19,000+ crowd.

We should have had two penalties. One for hand ball and one for a blatent shove.

Still we can't depend on pens. We were missing something in our crosses and corners today.

Good result.

But:

Defence looks very sound, but I can't help but think that we're going to regret our lack of firepower up front as we struggle with goals this season. Is McCormack an out and out scorer, and is Eddie Johnson worth the shirt? Jury's still out but it's looking dubious.

Is there any hope of getting Ched Evans (or other, decent striker) on loan at this late stage, or is this wishful thinking?

Good result.

But:

Defence looks very sound, but I can't help but think that we're going to regret our lack of firepower up front as we struggle with goals this season. Is McCormack an out and out scorer, and is Eddie Johnson worth the shirt? Jury's still out but it's looking dubious.

Is there any hope of getting Ched Evans (or other, decent striker) on loan at this late stage, or is this wishful thinking?

Heard a few whispers of Carlos Edwards coming on loan. (good thing)
But, as you say we need the firepower in front of goal as well. No point paying Johnson's wages if he never gets on the pitch.

Heard a few whispers of Carlos Edwards coming on loan. (good thing)
But, as you say we need the firepower in front of goal as well. No point paying Johnson's wages if he never gets on the pitch.

No point buying any strikers at all if they aren't getting the quality service they need. Our midfield just isn't any good at offence. DJ has made us a defensive squad.

Some pics from Saturday. Our last season with a proper terrace :(

ccfc-bristol-2008-01.jpg

ccfc-bristol-2008-04.jpg

ccfc-bristol-2008-07.jpg

ccfc-bristol-2008-09.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/cardiff/cardiff-bristol-photos.html

Full terrace too. Pretty much a full house.

Not that i care to stand on terraces myself. But I'm more than happy enough for other people to have the option. Just so long as people use them rather than standing in the seated areas.

I really don't understand why a fit person would want to sit and watch a game. It's far more fun to stand on the terracing, and have a walk about at half time.

I really don't understand why a fit person would want to sit and watch a game. It's far more fun to stand on the terracing, and have a walk about at half time.

I'm not that fit. Standing for long periods of time gives me back ache.

I do go for a walk at half time. Friends from various sections meet up with me for a half time chat in the tunnels. Not forgeting the traditional and lucky half time trip to the loo

it's a lot easier to mingle, and you can choose who you are next to rather than sit next to who ever happened to buy the seat next to you.

and if you like a dirink before the game.... you dont have to get everyone to stand up as you slide off to the bog.:p

and you can choose who you are next to rather than sit next to who ever happened to buy the seat next to you.

After years of sitting next to the same people i've made some very good friends.

We've got each other's numbers. Help each other out with tickets and offer up our spares. We share each other's sweeties during the game and have even bought each other gifts. The girl behind brought me back something i wanted from Turkey.

The family behind used to look after my lucky umbrella for me when i used to forget it and bring it to the next game for me.

Far greater sense of community through ST seating than ST terrace.

Far greater sense of community through ST seating than ST terrace.
Unless you're stuck next to a load of wankers all season of course.

And how you can claim there's a greater sense of community sat in your same seat week after week compared to the singing, hollering mob on the terraces is beyond me.

But each to their own.

We have a couple of wankers in front of us.
No problem. Wanksrs are generally out numbered by good folk and easily ignored.

Singing is being part of a crowd not a community.

Sitting doesn't disconnect my vocal cords either. I sing enough.

Yeah, but we both know that most of the singing and passion comes from the terraces, not the folks sitting down.

and if you do the ayatollah sat in the grandstand you are likely to put your elbow in the eye of the old codger sat next to you

it's a lot easier to mingle, and you can choose who you are next to rather than sit next to who ever happened to buy the seat next to you.

and if you like a dirink before the game.... you dont have to get everyone to stand up as you slide off to the bog.:p

But of course if you stand on the BB terrace you dont disturb anybody because its the only place in the ground without access to a bar at half time!

Back
Top Bottom