Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2008-09

It seems he's playing down the transfer talk. Maybe he's being diplomatic, maybe he's fishing for a better contract offer:

The former Manchester United youth has been linked with a return to Europe: Rosenborg of Norway and Danish Superliga side FC Copenhagen are in the runnings, but it is thought that Welsh outfit Cardiff City are seeking to bring him to the English Championship with a $4m (£2m) transfer.

The man himself, though, stated that his desire was to stay at Dallas and concentrate on the challenges to come for the Major League Soccer side, rather than focusing his thoughts elsewhere.

"Is this the last time you'll see me? I don't know - I hope not," the 23-year-old told a press conference.

"In all honesty I'd rather keep focus on the game. I don't want to take away from my coach's first victory and a great performance by the team. I'm proud to be a part of that."

However, he would not rule out entirely the prospect of a switch to another club.

"I don't know what my future holds," he conceded. "I love being here, but I'd rather focus on our win today."

Linky

He looked the bollocks last night though. Hope we get him. :)

ETA: He's even got a you tube goal compilation. FTW!

The Cooper deal looks dead now unfortunately.

Frisco, TX (Sports Network) - Major League Soccer's FC Dallas has declined all offers from European clubs for forward Kenny Cooper, according to a statement from General Manager Michael Hitchcock released Tuesday.

England's Cardiff City and Norway's Rosenborg were both trying to sign Cooper and had $4 million bids accepted by MLS, according to numerous reports.

Hitchcock made it clear in the statement released by Dallas that Cooper would be staying with the club.

"We received offers from multiple international clubs for Kenny Cooper during this transfer window, but we elected to decline them all," Hitchcock said. "The international interest is a credit to Kenny, FC Dallas and the ever increasing talent level in Major League Soccer.

"Winning championships is our priority, and we feel strongly that Kenny will continue to be an important part of our success as we compete for the MLS Cup this year and in the future."

Linky

Seems strange that they can accept a bid and then reject it a few days later. I'm not sure how it works in the states, but I think you negotiate with the MLS rather than the "Franchise" and the players are held on some sort of central contract, with their wages being dictated under a squad wage cap structure.

We're being linked with James Scowcroft now.:(

The Cooper deal looks dead now unfortunately.

Linky

Seems strange that they can accept a bid and then reject it a few days later. I'm not sure how it works in the states, but I think you negotiate with the MLS rather than the "Franchise" and the players are held on some sort of central contract, with their wages being dictated under a squad wage cap structure.

We're being linked with James Scowcroft now.:(

The MLS accepted the bid, but it's the franchise that have rejected it. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it appears that the clubs can veto transfers.

No SuperCooper
No Boyd
No Ched
No Bent (thank fuck)
No midfielder (jones' mukka, the palace reject doesn't count)

Everyone else is signing players left right and centre.

And now.

AND NOW.

The fucking wurzels have signed Maynard from Crewe. FFS.

It seems we are not going to sign anyone. Oh hang on we might sign Scowcroft. Shit weren't we gonna sign someone better than Eastwood. It's a farce within a fart wrapped in a festering stinking turd.

Seems likely someone will come in on loan. Likely candidates are Chopra (not that likely but possible) and Helguson.

I go with Helguson. And I'd be happy to be honest. He would be committed and play for the shirt.
Fuck it, I live in hope.

No SuperCooper
No Boyd
No Ched
No Bent (thank fuck)
No midfielder (jones' mukka, the palace reject doesn't count)

Everyone else is signing players left right and centre.

And now.

AND NOW.

The fucking wurzels have signed Maynard from Crewe. FFS.

It seems we are not going to sign anyone. Oh hang on we might sign Scowcroft. Shit weren't we gonna sign someone better than Eastwood. It's a farce within a fart wrapped in a festering stinking turd.

Seems likely someone will come in on loan. Likely candidates are Chopra (not that likely but possible) and Helguson.

I go with Helguson. And I'd be happy to be honest. He would be committed and play for the shirt.
Fuck it, I live in hope.

Spot. On.

Pretty risible, really. And to think that Pistol Pete was only recently burbling on about how the Bluebirds had become one of the more desirable clubs in the championship for players to sign for.

We're shit, and everyone else knows we are......

Maybe there's still a little life left in the Cooper deal after all.

Linky
Cardiff City manager Dave Jones has not given up hope of signing FC Dallas striker Kenny Cooper...

...'It's been made a little bit more difficult because we're dealing far away with the MLS. But is it dead and buried? No, it isn't dead and buried yet."

Maybe people going to the Ajax game will be able to pick up a bit more info.

where can i gets the scores mun!

saw wot musta bin dutch boys outside dempseys earlier :hmm:

where can i gets the scores mun!

saw wot musta bin dutch boys outside dempseys earlier :hmm:

How's it going ddraig?

Just got a text from my mate who went to the game:

'0-0. City looked decent. 12,000 crowd, Ajax fans bloody crazy!'

Well way more people turned up than City expected which caused some stewarding issues.

Bob bank seats were meant to be empty but loads climbed up out of the nasty rain till it was almost full.

If I'd known I could have had my own personal seat that way i'd have joined them but i was undercover in the Grange. Txt'd my mate in there to tell him to tell the person in my seat to clear off as only I'm allowed in it. But the chicken didn't confront them for me. :mad:

Ajax trashed the place ripping up seats and playing cat and mouse with the police by running from one side of the away section to the other so that the police had to follow.

As for the football. It was damp and horrible so no one really went full out. Pre-season injuries ain't cool.

1st half city dominated.

Ajax came out second half and put on the preasure but Cardiff held and new keeper looked good with one or two critical saves.

Cardiff managed a few skillful build ups on goal but our new boy in front of goal was well covered. A couple of time he just nearly had something. A little more luck and we might have scored.

Not the most eventful of nil nil clashes but the large crowd was in good cheer and obviously looking forward to the season.

Loovens started but was swapped out half time for Purse. Songs of Loovens sign a contract were pretty much ignored.

Thommo started but was taken off for a well received by the crowd Parry, who i thought added a much needed dimension to the game but it was a bit too late by then.

McNaugton played his socks off and was my man of the match.

Nice to see vince Alm get presented with a signed FA Cup shirt at half time, much to his surprise as he thought he was going up to present it to someone else. Much deserved for all the hard work he puts in for the supporter's club.

How's it going ddraig?

Just got a text from my mate who went to the game:

'0-0. City looked decent. 12,000 crowd, Ajax fans bloody crazy!'

alo biffo :)
am goin good ta, u?

cheers for that and cheers Marius, good report!

cheers Marius, good report!

Ho would you know? It might be a complete load of bollox!!:D

Seriously tho we've had a good pre season, dont remember a defeat, and tested ourselves against some good teams. Really excited for new season now, Boothroyd wasnt top of my list but they have been pursuing him all summer and look like they got their man at last. People should also realise that when the window closes there will be players that diodnt get sold cos clubs held out for top dolalr for players they really wanted to sell, these players will then go out on loan, so imho the best part of the transfer market is yet to come and DJ is very astute, expect a big name yet!! Plus, the word is that the Cooper deal isn't over yet.;)

Marius said:
Songs of Loovens sign a contract were pretty much ignored.

yeah, they should have stopped the game set up a tableon the half way line and got on with it!!:D

The songs were also ambiguous, he may well sign a contract today, for Rangers, the songs should have been more insistent that he signed a contract for us and not a general instruction to sign a contract!:D

So....Jay Bothroyd. Any good?

I really don't think so. This City team is lacking bite up front and this is gonna hamper our attempts at getting a playoff place. Bothroyd doesn't seem to be the answer, his career already seems over.

So much for pre-season optimism hey?

So....Jay Bothroyd. Any good?

Its one of those cross your figures and pray, reserve judgement till he delivers.

Wolves friend said that he has 20 minutes of brilliance then he doesn't do anything for weeks.

Also have heard him compared to Ricketts and we remember how useless he was.

Still its only a £300k punt. If DJ can motivate him to shift his lazy arse we might have a bargain.

To be fair to DJ he has a habit of turning free/cheap players into vauable assets. He has wanted Bothroyd for a while and obv sees something in him. If he has a bad season fans will slag off DJ and demand he be sacked, if he's a star and scores 15-20 goals and we get promoted fans will slag DJ off and demand he be sacked!!:D

To be fair to DJ he has a habit of turning free/cheap players into vauable assets. He has wanted Bothroyd for a while and obv sees something in him. If he has a bad season fans will slag off DJ and demand he be sacked, if he's a star and scores 15-20 goals and we get promoted fans will slag DJ off and demand he be sacked!!:D

The paint is still drying on my new 'DAVE JONES OUT' banner. :D

Bloobirds up and running, albeit slightly creakily
ayatollah.gif

Good result. Crap weather. Good attendance?
Work in progress. Two lucky goals. One great one. Look at that player grin.

The first goal was the one to see and how happy Thommo was and how happy the team was for him.

Cardiff 4th
Swansea 23rd

Need i say any more :D

A sell out crowd and the nervousness early on gave the game a cuptie sort of feel. It was a typical early season game, new faces getting to know each other ,a few problems with timing and the left hand didnt seem to know what the right hand was doing, and that was just the terraces. A large contingent of people who who had only ever seen city play at Wembley before meant that some of the usual chants lacked their usual bite, and it was a lacklustre display from the BB seating especially. The Do The Ayatollah requests to different parts of the ground were met with very mediocre displays and the grandstand patrons were unanimous in their boycott. There were some class moments tho, the stick giving to Dyer and Wright-Philips was worthy of Nininan at its best. "Where's my wallet gone, where's my wallet gone", "you're supposed to be in gaol" and "Darren, watch ya purse, Darren Darren watch ya purse". Classic of the day tho was " Next week you'll be someone's bitch":D

Back
Top Bottom