Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2008-09

A sell out crowd and the nervousness early on gave the game a cuptie sort of feel. It was a typical early season game, new faces getting to know each other ,a few problems with timing and the left hand didnt seem to know what the right hand was doing, and that was just the terraces. A large contingent of people who who had only ever seen city play at Wembley before meant that some of the usual chants lacked their usual bite, and it was a lacklustre display from the BB seating especially. The Do The Ayatollah requests to different parts of the ground were met with very mediocre displays and the grandstand patrons were unanimous in their boycott. There were some class moments tho, the stick giving to Dyer and Wright-Philips was worthy of Nininan at its best. "Where's my wallet gone, where's my wallet gone", "you're supposed to be in gaol" and "Darren, watch ya purse, Darren Darren watch ya purse". Classic of the day tho was " Next week you'll be someone's bitch":D

:D Great songs indeed. Right up there with the Lee Hughes songs from a few years back.

Happy with the 3 points. Saints played for a draw with 20 to go. The winner was fortunate but that's the way to do it. Too many draws has always been City's problem.

There were a few rucks in Grangetown after the match and I got bastard soaking. Apart from that it was a good day :)

That was a 1st team lineup. What's DJ chuffing playing at?

Made the media look fools anyway who named a team of youth and reserves as the likely squad.

reports that we're after Healy now.

And someone on radio wales said they had positive inside info about the ched evans loan deal.

blah blah blah.

drop whits
play parry wide
mccormack and bothroyd up front (sorry thommo)
comminges instead of kennedy

thats saturday sorted

reports that we're after Healy now.

And someone on radio wales said they had positive inside info about the ched evans loan deal.

blah blah blah.

drop whits
play parry wide
mccormack and bothroyd up front (sorry thommo)
comminges instead of kennedy

thats saturday sorted

You you gonna play instead of Loovens, cos he might as well fuck off now, turned down another deal this week, so fuck him, if he doesnt wanna play for us sell to Rangers, bank the money.

Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond said: "I feared the worst after 15 minutes...

..."At that time Cardiff looked like Real Madrid and I though we would be in for a long night."

Linky

I've always liked Kevin Bond. Such a great reader of the game.:D

Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond said: "I feared the worst after 15 minutes...

..."At that time Cardiff looked like Real Madrid and I though we would be in for a long night."

is this the point Editor starts reminiscing about seeing Cardiff beat Real Madrid :rolleyes:

..and as for beating the Cherries...talk about kicking someone when they're down :mad::D

Yes and no.

If he wouldn't sign a contract he had to go.

We couldn't afford to carry a defender who would have bottled out of challenges for fear he'd be injured before he could sign on a lucractive free.

How much money do we have to spend now?

Millions and millions.

Will we spend it.

Nope.

Can or did Scimeca ever play centre half? If he's fit he's a great player.

And don't be surprised if the name Chris Killen appears on the radar again pretty soon.

If Celtic pay nearly £3m as reported that's a great bit of business on a signing who cost £250,000. Ideally Loovens would have signed another contract a stayed but he wanted to go. Definitely need to buy another CB as Purse is pretty much shot. Healy or another decent striker (Evans?) aswell and I'll be happy.

So its done and dusted. Loovens is no longer a Bluebird.

Its a shame he didn't want to stay but as he didn't we had to sell.

Great work by Cardiff on holding their nerve and thereby getting the best possible price for him. A couple of years ago he would have gone for a steal. Evidence that the bank balance is a lot more healthy than it has been in a while?

Cheers Loovens for all the work you put in for us. I can't blame you for wanting to advance your career. Being on the radar as a £3 million pound bought player will do that.

As for how to deal with the gap on Saturday...

MacNaughton as Centre Back as he's filled in before for us and did so admirably. He's currently in good form unlike Purse.

Ledley drops back to full back. He's not great at it but he's also done it before for us.

Parry and Whits on the wings.

We have a choice of three strikers up front.

Loovens says yay my dream move. I get to play against some of the best in europe and improve my game.

Strachan says you ain't that good. I only bought you as a sub.

Opps. Will you be wishing you'd signed a deal with Cardiff after all Loovens? If Cardiff through some miracle get promoted this year he's going to be well gutted.

Dave Jones always said this was going to be tougher than expected. They beat Derby away and this is their first home game so Donny was likely to be pumped up.

Added to that Purse back as centre half meant that i expected to concede a goal.

Nice one Ross for getting it back. Now come on Parry or Johnson, seal us a victory please!

Ah crap thats it, final result 1-1.

Still, silver lining, we remain undefeated.

The other blessing is that we are still a point above Swnsea despite their good win over Forest.

After much deliberation I go with Eddie rather than Healy.

Pace scares the fuck out of the championship.

But the pair might be nice.

palpitations over.

beeb have added another paragraph suggesting its the Northampton centre back Gyepes.

Another of Jones mates from the Wolves days.

Ho fucking hum.

Striker? :( Wasting time we should be spending on looking to bolster our defence.

We need a Centre Back and a Left Back to replace Loovens and Capaldi (whilst he's out on injury).

I don't care if they are permanent or loan signings but those are the positions we need to strengthen right now.

Back
Top Bottom