Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Capitalism Isn't Working.

TremulousTetra

prismatic universe
I was on Facebook the other day, and this lad told me that if you put onions out around your house, [so just cut them in half and place them around your room's], when the flues and stuff start knocking about, that method absorbs all the badness in the air, stopping you from getting flues etc. It was also claimed that this method helped people in the period of the bubonic plague, stopping people from catching the airborne disease, for the same reason.

Now whether this is true or false is not really important to me, it seems to me that the drug companies wouldn't be interested in doing such research anyway. Why? Because, if they were to do research and find out that that method worked well, people wouldn't buy their medicine's, people would just use the onion method.

The onion method could be a great boon to society, it could be an old wives tale, but if it were left to the drugs companies, we wouldn't know one way or the other. They wouldn't be interested in doing the research, because they couldn't make any money out of it.

Now translate this out across society, to all research and development. To looking at solutions for the environment. To looking at solutions for the economy. You can see that a system that puts profit before people, is holding society back from developing the solutions that could give humanity a future. You can see, capitalism isn't working.

het-1631943.jpg

A French comrade shows us the way to re-appropriate the fruits (and vegetables) of our labour.

I think there is a gap in the market for an onion slicing and distribution machine. I could make a fortune.

I was on Facebook the other day, and this lad told me that if you put onions out around your house, [so just cut them in half and place them around your room's], when the flues and stuff start knocking about, that method absorbs all the badness in the air, stopping you from getting flues etc. It was also claimed that this method helped people in the period of the bubonic plague, stopping people from catching the airborne disease, for the same reason.

Now whether this is true or false is not really important to me, it seems to me that the drug companies wouldn't be interested in doing such research anyway. Why? Because, if they were to do research and find out that that method worked well, people wouldn't buy their medicine's, people would just use the onion method.

The onion method could be a great boon to society, it could be an old wives tale, but if it were left to the drugs companies, we wouldn't know one way or the other. They wouldn't be interested in doing the research, because they couldn't make any money out of it.

Now translate this out across society, to all research and development. To looking at solutions for the environment. To looking at solutions for the economy. You can see that a system that puts profit before people, is holding society back from developing the solutions that could give humanity a future. You can see, capitalism isn't working.

Sounds to me like the SWP's 2011 equivalent of the "I was taking to a couple of workmates today...." spiel that the hacks used to preface their little homilies with at branch meetings in order to impress the more credulous comrades.

Sounds to me like the SWP's 2011 equivalent of the "I was taking to a couple of workmates today...." spiel that the hacks used to preface their little homilies with at branch meetings in order to impress the more credulous comrades.

Never! :eek:

Say it ain't so!! :hmm:

As for the onion schtick, several of the constiuents of onions are natural bactericides, same as with garlic. Leaving cut onions or garlic claoves probably wouldn't make disease less likely, but rubbing a freshly cut onion over your hands would (if only because no-one would come near you, due to the smell!).

If Marx had managed to get a grip on his carbuncles via the use of raw garlic, then we may have been robbed of some rather important analysis.

if only the the average person had the same level of political consciousness as some urban75ites.

'If only people weren't inculcated by "the-powers-that-be" with an attitude of parliamentary democracy being the only game in town' would be more apposite.
As it is, people tolerate shit because they believe the only choice is between a diet of shit-and-potatoes or a diet of shit-and-rice.

Never heard of onions warding off flu, I know garlic is good for keeping bugs at bay probably the smelly breath you end up with :D Onions are good for getting rid of that smell you get painting

KoD

I was on facebook the other day and there there was the usual turgid crap coming from SWP members past and present.

I was on Facebook the other day, and this lad told me that if you put onions out around your house, [so just cut them in half and place them around your room's], when the flues and stuff start knocking about, that method absorbs all the badness in the air, stopping you from getting flues etc.
what if you've already got a flue in your house?

if only the the average person had the same level of political consciousness as some urban75ites.

Translation: 'I have the audacity to speak on behalf of Urban75 posters, who I believe think most people are "stupid", when in actual fact I'm the really dumb-arse here.'

Back
Top Bottom