Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

The Goldiehops & The 3 Grizzly Bears Challenge :cool:

RZaSr.jpg

Its not often I look at something like this and think "I want a burger" but my stomach is rumbling in anticipation right now! :oops:

I had a burger of wrongness today, it was an ill thought out late lunch decision:

IMAG1281.jpg

breaded turkey escalope in soft white bun WITH: bacon, cheese, salad, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a gherkin :D

I was lured in with the idea of a burger with STUFFING in it but it was a bad idea :D

My source has also seen 8-10 attempts at this challenge, and only one has come close to completing it.

This was years ago now, but teeps was staying at mine and I said I order chinese. I chose fried rice and chilli shredded beef or something, you know - one meal for one person. Anyway, that fat cow ordered 3 main meals and sides, prawn toast, seaweed and i forget the other. There was fucking LOADS! Far more than one person could eat. It made you feel sick to think about eating all that MSG but she managed it.

2 litres of pepsi crack to wash it down with iirc.

This was years ago now, but teeps was staying at mine and I said I order chinese. I chose fried rice and chilli shredded beef or something, you know - one meal for one person. Anyway, that fat cow ordered 3 main meals and sides, prawn toast, seaweed and i forget the other. There was fucking LOADS! Far more than one person could eat. It made you feel sick to think about eating all that MSG but she managed it.

2 litres of pepsi crack to wash it down with iirc.

I always do the same myself :oops:

Having epic Chinese with @tribal_princess is one of my favourite things in the world !!! :cool:

I made a beanburger earlier, which was a bit of a surprise as usually I'm pretty beef/chicken orientated but you know, in ASDA, chili and lime beanburger jumps out the freezer at me next minute its in the oven and I'm assembling a toasted bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, [burger], cheese, ketchup, hot sauce and mustard, in that order. Bloody lovely as well :)

I made a beanburger earlier, which was a bit of a surprise as usually I'm pretty beef/chicken orientated but you know, in ASDA, chili and lime beanburger jumps out the freezer at me next minute its in the oven and I'm assembling a toasted bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, [burger], cheese, ketchup, hot sauce and mustard, in that order. Bloody lovely as well :)

Hippy :p

You made fuck all, you reheated it and assembled the accessories.

You made fuck all, you reheated it and assembled the accessories.

Do say, Ford not make cars? :mad:

Or do they just "assemble the accessories" :rolleyes: :p

I made a burger damn you! Before it was just a patty and some vegetables and bottles of sauce, afterwards it was a creation to truly behold :cool:

I prefer to cut rump steak into tiny pieces to make burgers. Never minced. A proper bun, bland cheese and onions. I do lurve burger sauce though, that sweet sticky icy crap, it's brilliant.

Gherkins are not my favourite thing.
I would not put them in my own burgers but don't pick them out normally.

Gherkins are not my favourite thing.
I would not put them in my own burgers but don't pick them out normally.

I always pick them out, they are too strong tasting and overpower the other flavours with their cauliflower-masked-by-overvinegarisation notes

I get very annoyed when purveyors of so called gourmet burgers allow too much meat juice to soak into the lower bun which then falls apart as you unhinge your gob and prepare to eat it, slopping said contents (inevitably) onto your crotch. :mad:

I get very annoyed when purveyors of so called gourmet burgers allow too much meat juice to soak into the lower bun which then falls apart as you unhinge your gob and prepare to eat it, slopping said contents (inevitably) onto your crotch. :mad:

It is a tightrope isn't it. I think a burger bun should be soft and bap like, but medium toasted to ensure any meat juice does not ruin the bun. I am not a fan of the ciabatta (stale) burger bun myself :mad:

Back
Top Bottom