Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton 'Splash' 2017 street festival - news and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the brightest in the world, bit I do know when someone says something immflatory deliberately then something should be said. And in the same way that 'someone' might have taken offence, if the same thing had happened in a pub where I was white and Mickey was white, and Lee was in there, then he would have taken offence.

I'm not explaining myself very well, but hopefully you can kind of get where I'm coming from.

Inflammatory, possibly. But definitely racist. Honky isn't even offensive really, is it. It's pretty sutlly. I don't get where you are coming from to be honest. You used honky as an example of being racist and the admitted you knew it wasn't racist but inflammatory. :confused:You're going to have to spell this out for me.

I wasn't going to get into this, but I'll give you my definition, if you like. It's a very simple one: racism is discrimination by race. It is judging a person according to some or other division by race, which usually happens according to certain physical characteristics taken to identify a person as belonging to a particular racial group.

I would suggest that that is most people's definition, and by that definition, anyone can be racist, including Lee Jasper here on this thread. I'm with Spymaster on this, the Lee Jasper posting on this thread is posting racist shit.

Thank you. I think your fundamentally wrong and so does the majority of black people, it explains much of your dangerous assumptions. Now quote me one national black organisation who subscribes to that definition I only need one, take your time...,

Thank you. I think your fundamentally wrong and so does the majority of black people, it explains much of your dangerous assumptions. Now quote me one national black organisation who subscribes to that definition I only need one, take your time...,
Just not the 'Brexit type' of black people, presumably.

You're a great big bundle of prejudices, aren't you?

If anyone will print an article by you. Maybe one of the freesheets like Metro or the Blandard.

Ok would you like to bet on it? If I get an article printed on on line racism citing this site as an example in the Independant on line or Gaurdian or the Voice Newspaper then you will self censor yourself and delete your account for a year, if I fail I will do likewise?

Spy ain't black though is he.
According to Jasper's response to you on that Stanley thread, I absolutely am. I actually liked his post and commented on it.

I've never used "brown" and whenever referring to myself in racial terms (if not using Asian) have always used black because it's usually appropriate when discussing the discrimination experienced. The difference is immaterial.

Ok would you like to bet on it? If I get an article printed on on line racism citing this site as an example in the Independant on line or Gaurdian or the Voice Newspaper then you will self censor yourself and delete your account for a year, if I fail I will do likewise?

That depends on whether you've already got a commission to do an article on racism for any of them, doesn't it?
For all I know, you have, and you're here doing an agent provocateur thing to stir up opinions for your story (has happened loads of times on here).

Inflammatory, possibly. But definitely racist. Honky isn't even offensive really, is it. It's pretty sutlly. I don't get where you are coming from to be honest. You used honky as an example of being racist and the admitted you knew it wasn't racist but inflammatory. :confused:You're going to have to spell this out for me.

I Haven't heard "honky" since that awful shit sitcom in the 70s with Rudolph Walker in it.

According to Jasper's response to you on that Stanley thread, I absolutely am. I actually liked his post and commented on it.

I've never used "brown" and whenever referring to myself in racial terms (if not using Asian) have always used black because is usually appropriate when discussing the discrimination experienced, and the difference is immaterial.

Fair enough, if that's how you ID.

The difference is important to me, for the reasons I outlined on the thread. I don't want to diminish the plight of black people and claim those experiences as my own.

Some people would take the word honky to be rascist, and as such make an issue. Some wouldn't. But to say it deliberately, in a pub where we are the only two black kids (even though we are locals) doesn't mean that someone could take offence.

These days white people are so up in themselves about taking offence on my behalf cos they heard something they thought was rascist that I feel a little bit demeaned. Like I can't fight my own fights.

And that is a fucking wierd thing. White people getting grumpy on my behalf. I'm 46, Mickey is 50. We did our shit and dealt with it and now we have to be careful in case someone take offence on our behalf? Fuck off.

Lee does the same thing, but from the other side. He's an embarrassment (thank God for predictive text). But he hasn't answered any of my questions on here about how he feels he is coming across on this thread, and how, when he goes for his next diversity role, potential employers will judge him bearing in mind this is now a top five search result.

Oh and as a kicker, something I've kept back, one of my best mates has worked for Ken and Boris so will know him. I could ask him for his opinion on Lee if I really wanted to give the chap a hard time.

Fair enough, if that's how you ID.

The difference is important to me, for the reasons I outlined on the thread. I don't want to diminish the plight of black people and claim those experiences as my own.
That of course, would depend on one's experiences, but nothing wrong with that if it's how you feel about it. You have to allow that others might see things differently though.

That's not what I've done, twat.

Yes it is. You're seeking to comment on the appropiatness of my representative claim. (Not your call) You're also seeking to dispute our collective consensus definitions of racism, (again not your call) Problem is you cant see past your own prejudice and try to defend the indefeasible, find that hard so just go personal. Weak. I have offered public debate your refused preferring your cowardly anonymity to spit shit from behind your keyboard.

I get it, weak ass white men not prepared to say what they feel in person and in public. Ten a fucking penny son.

Yes it is. You're seeking to comment on the appropiatness of my representative claim. (Not your call) You're also seeking to dispute our collective consensus definitions of racism, (again not your call) Problem is you cant see past your own prejudice and try to defend the indefeasible, find that hard so just go personal. Weak. I have offered public debate your refused preferring your cowardly anonymity to spit shit from behind your keyboard.

I get it, weak ass white men not prepared to say what they feel in person and in public. Ten a fucking penny son.

All you get is laughed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom