Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Was thinking the same. The one at the entrance to electric avenue seems to have been firmly in the ground for years. What was the point in installing it?
Excellent point, especially seeing each one cost about £80k to put in as I recall! The question is who holds the key to activate it? (it might actually be a local shop or stall holder?)

Paul

I tried to get in the Albert. It was empty but the er bar staff shouted at me to check in which required far more than anything known thus far with COVID. I got beers from bottles and am in the park.

I tried to get in the Albert. It was empty but the er bar staff shouted at me to check in which required far more than anything known thus far with COVID. I got beers from bottles and am in the park.
Everyone would have been in the garden, probably. I won't go into detail, but Lambeth have been incredibly strict on some venues, and only too willing to hand out hefty fines for Covid misdemeanours

It was fine on Monday afternoon / early evening. Lots of familiar faces, I was glad to see

They've had check in at the Beehive since before the last lock-down. What's the problem?

Premises including cafes and coffee bars are supposed to check people who eat or drink in. Either through the NHS App or taking your name and number.

My recent experience across Central London is that some premises stick to this and others put the signs up but don't ask people to do it.

So yes as country is moving out of lock down I'm finding a lot of this contradictory.

As far as I can gather premises should not be serving customers who stay in unless they "Check in" properly.

As CH1 says Weatherspoons are doing it. I've seen it in West End.

Last edited:
....and here’s a non paywall version.....
where does Lee Jasper come into iit?
I checked Google on Jasper - and top of the Google oage - obviously - is Wikipedia
Although Lee may have moved to London in 1985 as Wikipedia says, there are a umber of other facts in Wiki whiich seem dubious

1. He was founder of Operation Trident[8] and the Royal Commonwealth Society.[7]
2. Brian Paddick,described him as a "street hustler" whose group would "sell bits of the pavement they didn't own"[8]
Can this be true - or is someone having a larf? I think we should be told.

In my dreams I think the FT could have a special Lunch with the FT - with Lee Jasper and Julius Malema.
I wonder whether Julius or Jasper would be the more boring?

Last edited:
I’m usually all for giving peeps as much freedoms as possible, but must say I’d be fully supportive of a full ban on the sale of fireworks to members of the public. About as crucial to one’s essential rights and enjoyment of life as freedoms as owning a bazooka.

Back
Top Bottom