Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Brixton seems to be targeted by professional beggars at the moment seeing as I've just seen three different people with the exact same sign. I hope I'm wrong and there's not some fucker exploiting these people.

Brixton seems to be targeted by professional beggars at the moment seeing as I've just seen three different people with the exact same sign. I hope I'm wrong and there's not some fucker exploiting these people.
Used to happen at Clapham North (might still do). They would work shifts with some bloke often hanging around and meeting them after their shift (presumably to collect). Nasty stuff.

Brixton last night

Lambeth Town Hall lit in purple to mark anniversary of the murder of George Floyd

Specsavers is definitely the most covid-protected safe space I've been into in Brixton!

Edit: and they did a brilliant job of getting a broken contact lens out of my eye after five days. I also paid £10 for high tech 3D laser scan of my eyeballs. Was great to warch!

Last edited:
Can you help support Brixton Windmill (the mill not the pub!) by voting for us? We could be awarded £1,000 to help us continue to supply flour to local food banks as we've been doing over the last year. It's quick and easy to do - the link takes you straight there with all our charity details completed. Votes close on 13 June 2021. Thank you! 😍

Attachments

• 51151798845_c74fa7ca5b_w.jpg
    51151798845_c74fa7ca5b_w.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
Can't see an active Social Housing/Regen thread so I'm posting this here.

News from Elephant and Castle where the Public Interest Law Centre Judicial Review resulted in a marginal increase in social housing units on the Delauncey Scheme (from 33 to 116).

The details are here:
Elephant JR fails, but campaigners hail improvements as victory! • Public Interest Law Centre

Wonder if locally significant Four Communications were involved? I see one of their former employees ended up doing some work for Delauncey - but since property development and regeneration is the only large-scale industry seemed to be viable in south London currently, that might be inevitable.
Emma Waterfall | About

Anyone recognise this piece of shit?

1622637765399.png

A search has begun for a man who knocked an elderly woman to the floor and robbed her near Brockwell Park.

The woman had been walking down Norwood Road around midday when she was attacked by the man.

The man pulled her bag from her causing her to fall heavily to the floor where she sustained minor injuries.

Police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the theft at 11.30am on Monday, April 26.

i didnt hear about this

Nor did I - but Red and Black the controversial anarchist commentary from the UK posts every day on Youtube.
I guess it makes a change from Radio Four's Thought for the Day.

If you meant the actual disturbance and police action and shooting/stabbing you haven't been paying attention.

Blimey!

I read this stuff from top Police people and wonder why the scenes of women being pushed around by cops happens. He is giving the we are training our officers to police sensitively line. So what went wrong on Clapham Common is my question. That was not a tough policing situation. It was a peaceful vigil. And this highly trained police force lost it.

Blimey!
Funnily enough, that “toughest place to police in western Europe” claim comes from an unnamed report , and is not a quote from the head of lambeth police.

If you follow the link in that article, one of the mylondon journalists spent an evening with lambeth police where one of the junior officers made this claim, quoting the anonymous report, presumably to impress the journalist. That article is headlined: 'I visited Brixton with police as pubs reopened but the most eventful thing was an old lady escaping from a care home'.

Shitty sensationalism.

(Incidentally, the article ends with the police finding the woman and taking her back to the care home: “When we arrive she duly calls the manager a “f****** c****” and the rest of the staff who greet her get the same treatment.”)

Back
Top Bottom