Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Does anyone know what has happened to the flower folks outside the tube station? Used the the truck that comes from Holland that supplies their flowers around Station road but it’s not been around. Brexit perhaps?

Does anyone know what has happened to the flower folks outside the tube station? Used the the truck that comes from Holland that supplies their flowers around Station road but it’s not been around. Brexit perhaps?

local florist shop down here told me flower market closed at start of lockdown.

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_131537.jpg
    IMG_20210126_131537.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 12
I met some sort of conspiracy nutjob in the square. He was an alarm installer from Colombia, asking me whether I knew about the pyramid with the eye on the dollar bill. Well, duh. It's printed right there in the middle of the note. They're not exactly hiding it. I told him he was wasting his brain and he should give it to a pigeon.

"When news of his death was announced, Brixton's residents put on a host of events to celebrate Bowie's life.

The mural on Tunstall Road became an immediate focus point for people to pay their respects.

Flowers and cards were left at the scene and street performers put on spontaneous gigs celebrating Bowie's musical catalogue.

At the Prince Albert pub, just a stones throw from the house Bowie was born in, a week of tribute parties were performed in his wake."

Err, no.

"When news of his death was announced, Brixton's residents put on a host of events to celebrate Bowie's life.

The mural on Tunstall Road became an immediate focus point for people to pay their respects.

Flowers and cards were left at the scene and street performers put on spontaneous gigs celebrating Bowie's musical catalogue.

At the Prince Albert pub, just a stones throw from the house Bowie was born in, a week of tribute parties were performed in his wake."

Err, no.

I thought at the time of Bowie's death the owner of the house in Stansfield Road was complaining about having to clear up floral tributes? [in the article he says it's not like has was a big star like Amy Winehouse]

For me the most outrageous effusion of energy in Brixton was on the death of Mrs Margaret Thatcher - which provoked the "Witch is Dead" party made famous worldwide by the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph having coronaries.
thatcher dead.jpg

Looks like Brixon Brewery has sold the remaining stake to Heinekin

Looks like Brixon Brewery has sold the remaining stake to Heinekin

Already posted here!

Lambeth Council appear to follow Hackney Council's lead in declaring war on 'Black'-led voluntary organisations:

Voluntary group threatened with eviction say it’s an ‘attack on Black community’

The-Village-HQ-1-1.jpg

“Lambeth Council is strongly committed to equality and diversity in all its activities, and has the policies and practices in place to achieve that.”

Interesting - that Sistah Space/Hackney eviction story has been bubbling through twitter for months now and everytime I assume it has been sorted, up it pops

Piece on Nine Elms in the Guardian.
Can see something similar happening with the Tower.

It's disgusting

1612276173076.png

"...the different entrances for the affordable housing (left) and private (right) sections of Embassy Gardens. "

Back
Top Bottom