Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I went and got an asymptomatic covid test at Brockwell Park today. I have to say I was very impressed - everyone was super helpful and friendly right from the security guard on the door to the person guiding me through the test. Someone was spraying down every chair and booth after it had been used. Although there were plenty of people there they'd got the numbers right to prevent it being crowded. Was in and out in less than 10 minutes and the results came through in less than 25 minutes :thumbs:

Last edited:
Anyone know why Lambeth have left them in the lurch?

Don't know it the organisation. The company structure is unusual. It got a Rastafarian Company as a trustee, which in turn has a Rastafarian company as a trustee - the latter being at this address:
SCHOOLS OF UNITED LEARNING (SOUL GLOBAL) YEHT'MR URWU K'EHT MAURKEHLAT WEALTH MANAGEMENT CONSORTIUM LTD Correspondence address Loughborough Park, Inside The Apg, Moorlands Road, Brixton, London, England, SW9 8UA I'm assuming its Rasta as the intermediate company is RAS ASTEHMARI BATEKUN (RAURYI) UN LIMITED

Anyway this is probably irrelevant. But the address of the centre under threat is 55 Wilmington Road.
This is slap bang next to the Fenwick Estate regeneration at Clapham North.
My quess is you have Cressingham style issues here.

I have always wondered about the Fenwick Estate regeneration. Seems pretty massive - and yet there hasn't been much of a peep out of them. Maybe the Larkhall cuncillors have it all under control?

Brixton pics

View attachment 250509

That picture is in the newly named "Coal Lane" (Google maps will confirm)
I think if I'd paid 400 grand or more for a two bed flat and it turned out to be in Coal Lane I would want my money back - or a discount.

That picture is in the newly named "Coal Lane" (Google maps will confirm)
I think if I'd paid 400 grand or more for a two bed flat and it turned out to be in Coal Lane I would want my money back - or a discount.
I suspect two bedroom flats will be more like half a million upwards.

PM me if you can help.

From a Brixton Hill WhatsApp group:

Pxxx from Fairmoint Road has just lost her dog Teddy. Unfortunately he was hit by a car on Beechdale Road and then ran off, so he must be injured and scared. Neighbours are currently out looking, could you please check your front porches for him? He’s a small, mixed breed, Black and Tan colour. He’s microchipped.

Haven’t lived in Brixton in years, but the first thing I did when I got Watchdogs Legion was ride from central to Brixton, and ended up here, accidentally annoying someone and pulling a gun out by mistake and now I’m in big trouble:
B9122B37-4F32-4629-86D7-72FB09819822.jpeg
and Brixton is even more gentrified of course:
D05FA0D5-85EE-4B8F-9106-5551E12C5EEE.jpeg

Can you get into the block or around the back?
Dunno, I was too busy trying not to be killed by armed drones. I first went round the back of Morley’s to have a look at Trinity Gardens/Brighton Terrace, but it’s not there, so it’s not completely accurate and scaled down somewhat. Acre Lane wasn’t where it was supposed to be either. I’m going to do some more exploring. Haven’t bothered with any missions, am just riding about on a scooter like a trainee taxi driver, but at the moment I can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night in!

I got the game to try this out.

not had a chance to yet. Will deffo be trying to find my house.
I tried to go down Coldharbour Lane to Loughborough Junction but got looped back to what looks like the Railton Road/Poets Corner area but not quite. Seems you can't go any further south than behind the Barrier Block. No Brockwell Park, no Streatham, just a wall of houses. Still looks very much like South London though.

Dunno, I was too busy trying not to be killed by armed drones. I first went round the back of Morley’s to have a look at Trinity Gardens/Brighton Terrace, but it’s not there, so it’s not completely accurate and scaled down somewhat. Acre Lane wasn’t where it was supposed to be either. I’m going to do some more exploring. Haven’t bothered with any missions, am just riding about on a scooter like a trainee taxi driver, but at the moment I can’t think of a better way to spend a Friday night in!
I know absolutely nothing about this game - or indeed gaming - but is there a playable demo anywhere? And do you need joysticks and what not to play it? I'd only ever really be interested in riding around on a scooter and looking at the sights, to be honest!

I know absolutely nothing about this game - or indeed gaming - but is there a playable demo anywhere? And do you need joysticks and what not to play it? I'd only ever really be interested in riding around on a scooter and looking at the sights, to be honest!
that's all I'm doing too. I think the gameplay is a bit too complicated for me as it involves hacking into things. I'm playing it on the PS4 but you can get it on PC and Stadia - but I think you'll have to buy the game or watch someone on Twitch playing it unfortunately

Yes!

First snow of the winter arrives in Brixton! Sunday 24th Jan 2021

First snow of the winter arrives in Brixton! Sunday 24th Jan 2021

PM me if you can help.

From a Brixton Hill WhatsApp group:

Pxxx from Fairmoint Road has just lost her dog Teddy. Unfortunately he was hit by a car on Beechdale Road and then ran off, so he must be injured and scared. Neighbours are currently out looking, could you please check your front porches for him? He’s a small, mixed breed, Black and Tan colour. He’s microchipped.

....did he show up ?

....did he show up ?

Oh! I meant to post the update. Ifs good news.

Teddy has been found! He was found safe and sound, the driver who hit him found him and took him to the vet. He only had a broken toenail, thank goodness. Pxxx said how many people had been in touch with her and thought it was lovely to see the amount of care people had, even in these troubling times.

I just saw two very bright blue flashes that lit the sky up to the south, and I don’t think there’s any thunder about 😳

Back
Top Bottom