Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Why don't they also print stickers of other things Helen Hayes did or didn't vote for. It's hardly showing solidarity, is it?
I can't see why Helen Hayes is picked out for following the party whip.
The problem is the Labour Party's ultra cautious policy stances these days - and not only on Gaza.
It wouldn't be that surprising if Sir Starmer thought tent sleeping was a lifestyle choice in the UK - as well as Gaza!

the fact you loose you job / title / role still boggles my mind, how can that be! What should really happen is party leadership should just take the view / decision regardless of the "vote" and be transparent. Its not a vote in any way shape or form.

I'm clearly way too out of touch with the political machine

the fact you loose you job / title / role still boggles my mind, how can that be! What should really happen is party leadership should just take the view / decision regardless of the "vote" and be transparent. Its not a vote in any way shape or form.

On a closer note my Cllr Rachel Heywood got kicked out by the party machine for actually representing her constituents in my ward. Leaving me with two loyalists who put party first.

Having to deal with these people grinds me down. I try my best. But the party machine thing is imo , after experience of dealing with it, a form of management.

Its not that you are out of touch. Its that the whole party machine thing goes against imo representation of the people by the people.

On a closer note my Cllr Rachel Heywood got kicked out by the party machine for actually representing her constituents in my ward. Leaving me with two loyalists who put party first.

Its not that you are out of touch. Its that the whole party machine thing goes against imo representation of the people by the people.
totally agree, it feels like smoke and mirrors.

It was actually worse than that. Their was a gagging order to stop internal discussion of Gaza in local parties.

Of course Starmer says he had no knowledge of this. But he would wouldnt he. This is the man who made ten pledges and then backtracked on them.

The leader of the opposition has now sparked confusion after contradicting Labour’s general secretary David Evans, who issued an order banning constituency Labour parties (CLPs) from discussing the matter.

What is interesting to me is that the mainstream media have been portraying Starmer as this strong leader.

Gaza comes along and it all fell apart.

So many rebelled that he could not get rid of all of them.

TBF I think my MPs stance on this has been pathetic.

This was the moment she could have shown local people she stands for something.

And she sat on the fence.

This is the whole problem with Right and centre right of party. She loathed Corbyn. He's gone and what does she do? Sit on fence when Israel is bombing Gaza. Pathetic imo.

It was actually worse than that. Their was a gagging order to stop internal discussion of Gaza in local parties.

Of course Starmer says he had no knowledge of this. But he would wouldnt he. This is the man who made ten pledges and then backtracked on them.

What is interesting to me is that the mainstream media have been portraying Starmer as this strong leader.

Gaza comes along and it all fell apart.

So many rebelled that he could not get rid of all of them.

TBF I think my MPs stance on this has been pathetic.

This was the moment she could have shown local people she stands for something.

And she sat on the fence.

This is the whole problem with Right and centre right of party. She loathed Corbyn. He's gone and what does she do? Sit on fence when Israel is bombing Gaza. Pathetic imo.
Maybe - but the reality is this is a UN matter and it's the government that calls the tune.
If you want Helen Hayes to vote against the party whip that's fair enough - but it wouldn't affect the UN security council if she lost her junior Labour spokes job (or didn't).
Do you remember when Lambeth Council declared Lambeth a "Nuclear Free Zone"?
Can't say British Rail paid that much attention when shipping nuclear waste on what is now the Overground line through Brixton.

Perhaps she didn't agree with the systematic sexual brutalisation of Jewish women and girls by the invading Palestinian forces.

So you are smearing all Palestinians with the actions of Hamas.

Btw she says she supports a ceasefire.

I've got her email about this and fyi she didn't say anything like this.

So you are smearing all Palestinians with the actions of Hamas.

Btw she says she supports a ceasefire.

I've got her email about this and fyi she didn't say anything like this.
No. I didn’t use the word all. But are you saying it was only Hamas who brutalised women?

So the targeting of thousands of innocent women and children as reitribution for another terrible act done by others.
So what would you say is adequate sanction for the deliberate and systematic sexual brutalisation of scores of Jewish women and girls?

Back
Top Bottom