Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

God that’s shocking!! Love how they always blame it on Victorian pipes like maybe it would be good to replace them rather than always waiting for them to fail. Water needs to be renationalised asap!
The large burst on Tulse Hill about 100 yards from Brixton Water Lane was followed by the much larger burst on Brixton Hill. I've heard there was also a water mains burst in Shakespeare Road. If three water mains bursts occur in close proximity at about the same time is it likely that the system was over-pressurised? Only a Thames Water employee would know the answer to that question...

No water again on Elm Park. I woke up around 4am and noticed it was gone and its still gone now at 6.30am.

Nothing on the Thames Water website right now.

That was some rain storm last night!

rain-brixton-sept-2023-02.jpg

rain-brixton-sept-2023-01.jpg

Cycled home central to south - definitely one of the heaviest downpours I can remember. Brixton high road was like a river in parts!

Railton Road

Have chatted with this lady a few times, she seemed far from happy.

Is she OK mentally?

That website really is the pits - this woman is obvious homeless yet they say this. Just bizarre.

Those wishing to move to Railton Road because of its 'vibrancy' should note that Anne-Marie Cover has now been detained by Metropolitan Police officers under the Mental Health Act 1983:

South London woman living in pavement shack kicked out of her makeshift home

I think it's a good thing people film police doing stuff like this. The person filming was being basically intimidated by the plains clothe officer to stop. At end the cop saying to the person filming they needed permission of the lady concerned to film. Which was completely disingenuous of police. They just didn't want what they were doing recorded.

Seen lots of posters on tube about joining the Met. As though it's a worthwhile job helping people.

This film shows the reality.

The woman wasn't harming anyone living on the street. Nor as far as I could see bothering people. Yet Council and Met deal with this her in this way

If the homeless lady has mental health issues the way all these cops forced her into an ambulance is the traumatic experience not it being witnessed and recorded.

As far as I know one can film in a public place. It's not an offence to do so.

Last edited:
Those wishing to move to Railton Road because of its 'vibrancy' should note that Anne-Marie Cover has now been detained by Metropolitan Police officers under the Mental Health Act 1983:

South London woman living in pavement shack kicked out of her makeshift home
That is really sad. I wonder why it took 4 officers to hold her down. She was such a small frail looking person. That must have been really frightening and intimidating for her held on the floor with so many people looming over her.

I wondered what had happened when I walked by yesterday and the tent was gone.

According to the news report a friend of the homeless lady filmed her being manhandled into an ambulance by the cops.

So on this its fair enough for GarveyLives to post this up.

However the usual little dig at urban posters in Garveys post was unwarranted and offensive,

So they got a court order to evict her. All taking up officer time.

The Cops were working under the orders of the Council.

Funny how efficient the Council can be when it wants to give the little people a hard time.

A Lambeth Council spokesperson said: “We have been providing ongoing support to this vulnerable women who was living on the street in a makeshift shelter without any running water, heating or safety. She is currently receiving the health care she needs.”

So they got a court order to evict her. All taking up officer time.

The Cops were working under the orders of the Council.

Funny how efficient the Council can be when it wants to give the little people a hard time.
She was, allegedly, sectioned, which wouldn't have been the decision of the council. The process of obtaining the warrent is not an especially quick or easy one, and rightly so.

Its the sad nature of detaining people who are very mentally unwell that they rarely trot cheerfully in to the ambulance, hence the police usually being involved.

I doubt anyone here has enough insight in to the specifics of her health needs to make any real informed comment, but footage on the Internet is forever and it seems very unfair to share footage of someome at their lowest point, probably without capacity to consent.

Back
Top Bottom