Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Just to continue on from the Honor Oak pub story, there is now a concern that 'far-left antifa' in masks are going to turn up with the potential for 'very ugly clashes' 🤨. Seems a bit unlikely over a children's story telling session a Saturday morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222_203529_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_203529_Chrome.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 35
I want to see what it actually is.
Don't blame me for polarising. Seems to me the whole concept is designed to polarise.
It's like reverse clause 28 - except its not compulsory of course.
Personally I prefer my drag up on a pub stage telling bawdy jokes and singing show tunes, but if someone in a wig and slap wants to read innocuous stories to kids, live and let live I say.

Just to continue on from the Honor Oak pub story, there is now a concern that 'far-left antifa' in masks are going to turn up with the potential for 'very ugly clashes' 🤨. Seems a bit unlikely over a children's story telling session a Saturday morning.
This sounds like some sort of malicious posting from the USA - or GB News??

When I joked to someone just under a year ago that with its new all black paint job, the Honor Oak now looked like a centre for pagan occult ritual and/or satanism to rival the days when the Venue in New Cross was similarly "black as sin", l had not realised that Christian fundamentalists were listening to me!

BEFORE: AFTER:
Honor oak before.PNG Honork Oak after.PNG

When I joked to someone just under a year ago that with its new all black paint job, the Honor Oak now looked like a centre for pagan occult ritual and/or satanism to rival the days when the Venue in New Cross was similarly "black as sin", l had not realised that Christian fundamentalists were listening to me!

BEFORE: AFTER:
View attachment 364310 View attachment 364311

...lucky they dont sell sam smiths.

Seeking a licenced door security person for a 1 off private party, to adhere to the venue licensing regulations - have their list of preferred/recommended contractors but would rather give the work to someone local or who could use the work than a faceless agency if poss. Needs to be SIA carded and all that. Guests of advanced years mostly with kids to get home to at a reasonable hour so a nice chilled gig.

Seeking a licenced door security person for a 1 off private party, to adhere to the venue licensing regulations - have their list of preferred/recommended contractors but would rather give the work to someone local or who could use the work than a faceless agency if poss. Needs to be SIA carded and all that. Guests of advanced years mostly with kids to get home to at a reasonable hour so a nice chilled gig.
If it's not a weekend I might know someone.

Known fascists have indicated they are attending to disrupt the event. A variety of anti fascists are likely to be there.

Known fascists have indicated they are attending to disrupt the event. A variety of anti fascists are likely to be there.
Well you've had Honor Oak antifa, now Bob from Brockley has a thread on Chris Williamson and the white nationalist neo-fascists!

That Twitter thread refers to an Urban one........vanessa beeley
-editted to add the last line

Last edited:
Apols for the Mail coverage but great to see such a good turnout

68073997-11792171-image-a-18_1677325556124.jpg

Dozens of police have been pictured at the scene in anticipation of possible clashes between Turning Point UK and those supportive of LGBT+ rights - but it at first appeared no right-wing activists had shown up.
Right-wing organisation Turning Point UK posted on social media on Friday announcing its plans to protest today's event in an attempt to stop it taking place.

According to eyewitnesses at the scene, around 30 protesters did eventually arrive at the pub on Saturday, only to be completely outnumbered by several hundred counter-protesters.

Both sides could be heard chanting slogans at one another while police prevented the two sides from mixing.

Archive link to story Hundreds of protesters gather in support of drag queen story-telling …

Lambeth the "Cooperative Council" are "consulting" on parking charges.

As a non car owner who buys permits every now and then as Im in a CPZ zone I was rather upset to see they are "proposing" doubling the cost for non car owners like myself.

Resident Visitor Vouchers – Book of 5 £26.25 going up to £52.50

this is a piss take by the Council. How do they justify this?

it's not like I've ever owned a car.

Also I have to buy a book of five. I did not mind that so much when it was around twenty five pounds.

How does doubling this encourage people to not have a car? Be more Green ?

Plus I can't afford a car anyway. So this steep increase is no joke.

Every now and then I need to give someone a permit as I'm in a CPZ zone.

Lambeth busy bodies are up and down my street looking for easy tickets every day. They just like to get money off people.

Lambeth the "Cooperative Council" are "consulting" on parking charges.

As a non car owner who buys permits every now and then as Im in a CPZ zone I was rather upset to see they are "proposing" doubling the cost for non car owners like myself.

Resident Visitor Vouchers – Book of 5 £26.25 going up to £52.50

this is a piss take by the Council. How do they justify this?

it's not like I've ever owned a car.

Also I have to buy a book of five. I did not mind that so much when it was around twenty five pounds.

How does doubling this encourage people to not have a car? Be more Green ?

Plus I can't afford a car anyway. So this steep increase is no joke.

Every now and then I need to give someone a permit as I'm in a CPZ zone.

Lambeth busy bodies are up and down my street looking for easy tickets every day. They just like to get money off people.
I can't change my washing machine or mend my gutters. Fuck them.

Lots of discussion about the changes to parking charges here for any one that what’s your join in and aim abuse at traffic wardens!

1} I've never owned a car.

2) this is not about LTNs,

So put it on general Brixton thread. Its not something other people might be aware of. Takes reading through boring docs to see. The consultation on this is live so I thought others here might want to know as this might impact on them.

3) Doubling cost of resident parking permits. Which one has to buy in blocks of five is excessive imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
nice to see the empathy here
forum members are being financially squeezed even though they are non-drivers
and the response is victim blaming
maybe those doing this should go down new tings on acre lane
where posters have a identified issues
and picket/protest in the absence of any official response..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom