Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Or you could just leave people alone.

If you're not on Instagram, why would you go to Instagram to see what someone's profile is on Instagram? Bit stalkerish when you don't k now the details of this case.
I just Googled the name in case of other news items.
I suppose it is stalkeriish - like the time I got the latest news on former Lambeth Social Services boss Edgar Zephyrine

Sorry.

Last edited:
I just Googled the name in case of other news items.
I suppose it is stalkeriish - like the time I got the latest news on former Lambeth Social Services boss Edgar Zepherine

Sorry.

For context look at this Police probe contract, grant awards at National Self Help - Trinidad and Tobago Newsday

I could give an example of similar dishing out of Brixton Challenge money for "feasibility studies" whilst Edgar was working here (and a Harringay Councillor). Nobody was interested then - and they are not interested now, are they ChrisSouth ?

Edited to correct the name of the cage rattler

Last edited:
16 year-old Rommel McKoy, who was stabbed on Monday 4 April 2022, died from his injuries on Wednesday 20 April 2022.

A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Friday 15 April 2022; a 17-year-old boy was arrested on Wednesday 20 April 2022. Both have been bailed until mid-May 2022.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 6036/04Apr. To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Any young people who has information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org/ - which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , 365 days a year - where they can pass on information anonymously - their IP address will not be traced.

Rommel McKoy's mother, Karen, told the Evening Standard that she had accompanied him to an interview at Merton College for a science and engineering course earlier on the day that he was stabbed to death.

She said: “He was so happy, he was going to study his dream course of science and engineering.

He had his whole life ahead of him. We got home and he said ‘I’m just going go to check my friends’ and that’s the last I saw of him.

“I’m devastated - he wanted to be an engineer or scientist. He was so kind and thoughtful and intelligent. His friends loved him. He was calm but so ambitious. He wanted to do so well in his career that he could buy me a house by the time he was 25.

“I don’t know how I can get over this. I can’t believe he has gone, we are devastated. His 11 year old sister and older brother are finding it hard to cope. He was never in any trouble, he was a good boy.”

57299957-10774659-image-m-12_1651488567431.jpg

Rommel McKoy was a pupil at City Heights Academy in Tulse Hill.

A 17-year-old boy has now been charged with his murder and appear in custody at Bromley Magistrates’ Court later today.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 6036/04Apr. To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

ChrisSouth DietCokeGirl
On reflection I should not have posted the instagram account

For all I know the person might have thought they were doing the right thing at the time and totally innocent of any malfeasance.

I've had issues myself over my Twitter account where intrusion turned nasty
1. someone attached to the management committee where I worked (this is 2008/9) started following me - presumably hoping to gather evidence of inappropriate posts
2. a former Labour leader of Lambeth was highly interactive and mainly positive - but fell out with me big-time on church corruption. In that case he blocked me - which was probably a good thing as I didn't have to put up with his other tirades which took the form of "I voted remain, but now we've got to get on with it etc etc"

So yes - probing people's social media can be harassment. On the other hand being on social media does put one a risk of uninvited attention.

Finally - I think my worst problem with social media was Facebook - but I can't prove it. Someone skimmed my id, address, date of birth to open a BT mobile account, including landline account at Cooks Road SE17.
BT must had had to write off about £1,300 in charges and ended up with an iphone to resell.
I lost my credit rating - from £2,500 to £200 in one fell swoop no arguments accepted.

So I recommend never putting your birthday on Facebook or anywhere else. And not your address.

Has there been a bad smash in Brixton? I’m hearing that someone has been shot outside the town hall but don’t know if this is true

Fuck's sake

Over a dozen law enforcement agencies are responding to a shooting in Brixton Hill today.

The incident happened right next to the Brixton Town Hall (Lambeth Town Hall). An unidentified person was shot multiple times by a male among a group of unidentified individual seen fleeing a crash scene.

Authorities arrived and located an unknown individual suffering from multiple gunshot wound.

The person was pronounced dead. No words if there are other victims at this time.

Everyone is urged to avoid the Brixton Hill area at this time as multiple officers are responding to the scene.

This is a developing story.

A teenager has been rushed to hospital after getting shot in South London.Police were called to Brixton Hill, Lambeth, following reports of a firearm discharge on Thursday (May 12) at 7.15pm.

Officers at the scene found a person in their late teens with a gunshot wound. He has been rushed to hospital, but no further information about his condition has been released.

A witness on social media claims they saw a car crash on Acre Lane, near to the town hall, before a number of people got out of the vehicle and fired multiple shots from a handgun.

Speaking to MyLondon, one witness passing by on a bus, said: "The bus stopped and we heard then saw this big silver 4x4 crash and there were these guys running out of it, then we heard six gunshots and a guy with a rifle ran by the bus. It’s the first time I’ve ever experienced something like that.

The Met says a crime scene remains in place and the road – at the junction with Effra Road – is closed to traffic.

At this early stage, there have been no arrests and enquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference CAD 6825/12May.

Bit of a strange comment:

"The reactions that people had on the bus were pretty interesting though, all the white middle-class people (including myself) were ducked down some crying and shaking".

How do you qualify for this?
Anyone in an A-D council tax property. If you pay by direct debit you’ll automatically get it, if not you have to apply.

xsunnysuex not personally but it depends when your direct debit comes out apparently. Some people got it end of April if they pay on 1st or 5th of month normally, people who pay 15th or later (which I do) should get it this month.

Anyone in an A-D council tax property. If you pay by direct debit you’ll automatically get it, if not you have to apply.

xsunnysuex not personally but it depends when your direct debit comes out apparently. Some people got it end of April if they pay on 1st or 5th of month normally, people who pay 15th or later (which I do) should get it this month.
That's a lot of households, where is the money coming from?

I had mine last week and pay by DD to Lambeth. I somehow thought that it was a loan and had to bee paid back, but I just checked and it's not 🥳

I got it a week or two ago. I was staring at my bank account and wondering why Lambeth had sent me £150. A couple of days later I realised what it was.

I had mine last week and pay by DD to Lambeth. I somehow thought that it was a loan and had to bee paid back, but I just checked and it's not 🥳
This is not a loan- it's a one-off refund paid via the local council and funded by central government. However there is another £200 payment later in the year (October when the next Ofgem energy price-cap review happens) that is a reduction in your bill, but will be clawed back later. That will appear in the bill from your energy provider.

When you get it apparently depends on which day of the month you pay. I believe people who pay on 1 and 5 of the month already got it in April, but people who pay on the 15 and end of the month are getting it this month. I haven't had it yet but I pay on the 15th so it should come soonish.

Bit of a strange comment:

"The reactions that people had on the bus were pretty interesting though, all the white middle-class people (including myself) were ducked down some crying and shaking".
Totally weird. But can't see the quote in full anywhere. Has it been edited? Even ignoring the "white middle class" bit, it seems strange to find it remarkable that people's reactions might be to duck, tremble and even cry when confronted by a high speed car crash, men in balaclavas armed with multiple firearms piling out of a 4x4, and bullets being fired into a person just meters away.

Sounds like the victim is ok (considering...)

Totally weird. But can't see the quote in full anywhere. Has it been edited? Even ignoring the "white middle class" bit, it seems strange to find it remarkable that people's reactions might be to duck, tremble and even cry when confronted by a high speed car crash, men in balaclavas armed with multiple firearms piling out of a 4x4, and bullets being fired into a person just meters away.

Do think "My London" is the Marxist-Leninist subsidiary of Reach plc? They do after all own the Daily Mirror and the Daily Express, which seem pretty incompatible in terms of political views.
The original post on InsideEko seems even more dubious. Most of their headlines seem to concern Hungarian migrant issues and people suing congress over impeachment in the USA. Sounds like InsideEko is a subsidiary of RT??

Do think "My London" is the Marxist-Leninist subsidiary of Reach plc? They do after all own the Daily Mirror and the Daily Express, which seem pretty incompatible in terms of political views.
The original post on InsideEko seems even more dubious. Most of their headlines seem to concern Hungarian migrant issues and people suing congress over impeachment in the USA. Sounds like InsideEko is a subsidiary of RT??
Righto.

Even people used to gunfire will feel upset and anxious if it's happening in from of them whilst a crime is happening as most people do not have veins running with ice water.

Yes, they've edited it.

The Old Post Office Bakery on Landor Road is going to be closing. 😥 They've got a sign just inside the door saying on the 8th of May (IIRC). The woman behind the counter said that John and Richard are looking to retire and trying to find someone to take over the business as a going concern but haven't found anyone yet (there's nothing on their website yet). That'll be a sad day.

....I’m happy to report that it appears a buyer has been found, the bakery is staying open.

Back
Top Bottom