Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Yard Sale today and tomorrow at Valentica Place studios, off Station Road. Great Xmas shopping opportunities - bargain art prints, vintage clothes, homeware, local honey, handmaid cosmetics - all sorts of bargains!
It's back on today until 4pm- go grab some Xmas presents - or something for yourself :):)

I haven't heard many good things about the Arch Company. From what I gather, they are ruthless landlords who like to extract excess rent, even if that means the company goes under. Obviously supply and demand dictates these things but seems a bit much when few people wanted to rent arches across the capital about 20 years ago apart from nightclubs and garages. I went through Vauxhall earlier and was sad to see the motorcycle showroom/shop has vacated and "The Arch Co" banners across it inviting bids to hire it next.
I’ll feedback in a few months if/when we finally move in!

I can't find a Camberwell tread, so:

Sorry and further to above:

The murder of Petra Srncova of Camberwell is being discussed on the Camberwell forum.

Restricted service at Barclays because they have no staff.

The Streatham branch has a long queue. No counter service after 2pm without an appointment.

Not sure if new info here (was to me) about the "village" development rolleyes

I roll my eyes too. A village is defined as so:

"a group of houses and associated buildings, larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town, situated in a rural area"

Not a few blocks of flats chucked up in an inner city London borough.

It's the Landor Road site where they want to build "Nine blocks of apartments - the tallest 18 storeys high - will be built across the 25,400sq metre site, which spans an area larger than three football pitches". Lambeth Council planning documents say: “The proposal is for demolition of all existing buildings and the comprehensive redevelopment of the site comprising the erection of nine residential buildings ranging from three-18 storeys; 553 residential dwellings including 50 per cent affordable housing.

I roll my eyes too. A village is defined as so:

"a group of houses and associated buildings, larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town, situated in a rural area"

Not a few blocks of flats chucked up in an inner city London borough.
The absolute gall of them to call it a village!!

There is already a similar development on that road at the Brixton end on Robsart street. It looks absolutely terrible and doesn’t fit in with the existing properties at all.

From Windrush Sq:

9ccDZma.jpg

Plastic Lambeth Security Guards outside the tube waiting to fine people for dropping their cigarette ends. Stay Alert.

these guys fined a guy who didn’t pick his dogs shit up in our local park, he went off and complained to other dog walkers that he was being victimised, these dog walkers intervened and got the ticket rescinded and it became a warning....The funny thing is this guy is well known amongst the dog community for not picking up shit and letting his dog run riot, he’s had dogs for about 25years to my knowledge and has always been this way. The day after I saw his dog turn out a massive dump, he didn’t pick it up.

these guys fined a guy who didn’t pick his dogs shit up in our local park, he went off and complained to other dog walkers that he was being victimised, these dog walkers intervened and got the ticket rescinded and it became a warning....The funny thing is this guy is well known amongst the dog community for not picking up shit and letting his dog run riot, he’s had dogs for about 25years to my knowledge and has always been this way. The day after I saw his dog turn out a massive dump, he didn’t pick it up.
Not sure whos worse, the people trying to give out the fines (have been on the receiving end of these before, though not in Lambeth, and its infuriating), or the entitled prick letting his dog run around and leave its disgusting mess on the floor. I don't know why other dog walkers would intervene in his favour, since he is clearly a bad egg of their little community.

Not sure whos worse, the people trying to give out the fines (have been on the receiving end of these before, though not in Lambeth, and its infuriating), or the entitled prick letting his dog run around and leave its disgusting mess on the floor. I don't know why other dog walkers would intervene in his favour, since he is clearly a bad egg of their little community.

...the dog guy is a sleazy slimy wanker who constantly plays the victim, even posting on Facebook dog groups so people who stand up to him and his four legged shit machine get ostracised by the so called community....

(edit....not saying he doesn’t have issues but he is very good at using them to deflect and avoid taking responsibility for not giving a shit, I will admit my experience with him makes me prejudiced)

Last edited:
...the dog guy is a sleazy slimy wanker who constantly plays the victim, even posting on Facebook dog groups so people who stand up to him and his four legged shit machine get ostracised by the so called community....

(edit....not saying he doesn’t have issues but he is very good at using them to deflect and avoid taking responsibility for not giving a shit, I will admit my experience with him makes me prejudiced)
sounds like a proper tosser, hopefully he is soon called out properly and he has a word with himself.

I agree, but handing out 50quid on the spot fines the week before Xmas, for a fairly minor anti-social act, strikes me as somewhat mean spirited. Wish they'd deploy then to fine the street urinators on a weekend evening sometimes instead.
They wouldn't have the bollocks to tackle something like that. They only pick on easy targets which dont or cant put up much resistance. I'd like to see the council deploy them to fine drivers who illegally park outside takeaways on Acre Lane and block traffic/emergency vehicles, see how brave they are then.

Back
Top Bottom