Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Seems like a big storm in a teacup. 3 people stand at the wrong place for the bus, the bus validly goes past them as it isnt a hail and ride taxi service, nothing else untoward appears to happen, local millionaire gets on his pedestal to publicly hassle TFL probably to boost his massive ego. Well done mate, let's hope TFL respond to you so you can stop holding your breath 🙄

I think you’ve missed the point. Those buses don’t stop there. Not sure why you’re having ago at Jay Rayner either lots of people have been raising this issue for a while now. Should be pretty pleased a ‘millionaire’ is getting the tube & bus tbh and recognises issues for others.

6BCF9785-590E-4DA3-A10E-E4507EA42DAB.jpeg

Seems like a big storm in a teacup. 3 people stand at the wrong place for the bus, the bus validly goes past them as it isnt a hail and ride taxi service, nothing else untoward appears to happen, local millionaire gets on his pedestal to publicly hassle TFL probably to boost his massive ego. Well done mate, let's hope TFL respond to you so you can stop holding your breath 🙄
Perhaps more of an indication that the signage indicating that stop ZA is still closed (despite much of the building work paraphernalia now having been removed) is inadequate.

I think you’ve missed the point. Those buses don’t stop there. Not sure why you’re having ago at Jay Rayner either lots of people have been raising this issue for a while now. Should be pretty pleased a ‘millionaire’ is getting the tube & bus tbh and recognises issues for others.

View attachment 296588
Perhaps i have missed the point, but I got the impression that they sighed because the 37 and then the number 3 didn't stop for them, so they had to walk on alone? despite standing at bus stop Z where as you have illustrated are not supposed to stop there? If so, i really don't see where TFL are at fault here. Yes, there is a closed bus stop in that vicinity, but its clearly for a reason. TFL haven't just decided to close the bus stop for a bit of a laugh, or to force people to walk a hundred yards up the road to the next one.

Perhaps i have missed the point, but I got the impression that they sighed because the 37 and then the number 3 didn't stop for them, so they had to walk on alone? despite standing at bus stop Z where as you have illustrated are not supposed to stop there? If so, i really don't see where TFL are at fault here. Yes, there is a closed bus stop in that vicinity, but its clearly for a reason. TFL haven't just decided to close the bus stop for a bit of a laugh, or to force people to walk a hundred yards up the road to the next one.

TfL changed the Brixton bus stops so they don’t stop there. Then the next bus stop has also been closed. People now have to walk nearly half a mile to the next one and lots will struggle with that. They have their reasons but it doesn’t mean people can’t question it and that they couldn’t find better solutions.

Further images of Prince Charles' 11 November 2021 visit to Brixton to meet young people who have set up their own businesses through the Prince’s Trust Enterprise programme:

50351073-10190731-image-a-8_1636632364282.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

50351071-10190731-image-a-41_1636632480061.jpg

50351067-10190731-image-a-13_1636632364367.jpg

50351075-10190731-image-a-21_1636632364376.jpg

50351077-10190731-image-a-26_1636632364389.jpg

50351057-10190731-image-a-29_1636632364392.jpg

50351079-10190731-image-a-33_1636632364397.jpg

50351061-10190731-image-a-34_1636632364397.jpg

50351063-10190731-image-a-38_1636632364401.jpg

50351059-10190731-image-a-15_1636632364369.jpg

TfL changed the Brixton bus stops so they don’t stop there. Then the next bus stop has also been closed. People now have to walk nearly half a mile to the next one and lots will struggle with that. They have their reasons but it doesn’t mean people can’t question it and that they couldn’t find better solutions.
I dont see why TFL should have to find a better solution. Im sure the nearest bus stop for the 37 or the 3 is not half a mile away, there is one outside Lloyds on Acre Lane and one by Morval Road. TFL are apparently £11 Billion in debt, and i think are doing pretty good job in maintaining a cheap 24 hour bus service, when most other cities the buses stop for the day at 10pm. I really dont think its a massive hardship for people to just make sure they actually get to the place where they can board the bus 🤷‍♂️.

I dont see why TFL should have to find a better solution. Im sure the nearest bus stop for the 37 or the 3 is not half a mile away, there is one outside Lloyds on Acre Lane and one by Morval Road. TFL are apparently £11 Billion in debt, and i think are doing pretty good job in maintaining a cheap 24 hour bus service, when most other cities the buses stop for the day at 10pm. I really dont think its a massive hardship for people to just make sure they actually get to the place where they can board the bus 🤷‍♂️.
You are negating the idea of London Transport as a unified system.
Apparently now people have to have local knowledge to make bus journeys via Brixton town centre.

BTW there are a large selection of busses available outside the new Battersea Power Station Northern Line terminus.
Maybe this - or you - see this as a class issue? I mean the wrong type of people getting the 37 bus (as they usually are!!!)

Don't confirm to everyone that you are an actual idiot. The point is that walking by windrush square late at night can be intimidating. Maybe not for you, but for others yes.
A female friend of mine who had finished a late shift was waiting at this stop when the bus sailed by. As there was an unsavoury sort lurking, I stayed with her until the next bus came along. The stop is not very well lit and I don't think I'd feel too comfortable hanging around there for long at night.

You are negating the idea of London Transport as a unified system.
Apparently now people have to have local knowledge to make bus journeys via Brixton town centre.

BTW there are a large selection of busses available outside the new Battersea Power Station Northern Line terminus.
Maybe this - or you - see this as a class issue? I mean the wrong type of people getting the 37 bus (as they usually are!!!)
Going a little bit off topic, but my admiration for TFL is certainly questioned by the decision to build 2 new tube stations in that area, plonking them in Zone 1, rather than channelling the cash into areas like the Old Kent Road which is a working class area with no tube or trains. I suppose property developers dirty money holds a lot of clout, when they have thousands of glass and steel boxes to sell to overseas investors for £900,000 a pop.

I dont see why TFL should have to find a better solution. Im sure the nearest bus stop for the 37 or the 3 is not half a mile away, there is one outside Lloyds on Acre Lane and one by Morval Road. TFL are apparently £11 Billion in debt, and i think are doing pretty good job in maintaining a cheap 24 hour bus service, when most other cities the buses stop for the day at 10pm. I really dont think its a massive hardship for people to just make sure they actually get to the place they can board the bus 🤷‍♂️.
Part of the issue is TfL's corporate unwillingness to ever give "bad news" about disruption to travel.

So when you look up where to catch the 3 or 37 you get "St Matthew's Church has reported access issues" instead of a simple "This stop is closed".
If you have no disabilities, you are likely to read this as meaning "there may be a few steps to get around, but that it not going to be a problem for me" and walk to the stop. Stop ZA.PNG

It is only when you click the plus button (not so easy on a mobile while walking) that you get to the actual situation.

Stop ZA part 2.PNG
Having already seen buses sail past you at the closed and badly lit bus stop, trying to find the next stop using the current TfL website interface requires going through another two screens and scrolling through a list of all stops on the route until you find that the next stop is "St Matthew's Estate", which is not exactly a good description, so you then have to click through to map view.

Part of the issue is TfL's corporate unwillingness to ever give "bad news" about disruption to travel.

So when you look up where to catch the 3 or 37 you get "St Matthew's Church has reported access issues" instead of a simple "This stop is closed".
If you have no disabilities, you are likely to read this as meaning "there may be a few steps to get around, but that it not going to be a problem for me" and walk to the stop. View attachment 296593

It is only when you click the plus button (not so easy on a mobile while walking) that you get to the actual situation.

View attachment 296594
Having already seen buses sail past you at the closed and badly lit bus stop, trying to find the next stop using the current TfL website interface requires going through another two screens and scrolling through a list of all stops on the route until you find that the next stop is "St Matthew's Estate", which is not exactly a good description, so you then have to click through to map view.
Instead of going to the TFL website, i would highly recommend the City Mapper app. It tells you exactly how to get home, via several routes, and seems to know every single closure or disruption going and how to avoid them. It also tells you the quickest route, cheapest route etc etc.

However no amount of apps, lighting, or bus stops that are functional will stop the problem of wrong un's lurking in the night up to no good.

Further images of Prince Charles' 11 November 2021 visit to Brixton to meet young people who have set up their own businesses through the Prince’s Trust Enterprise programme:

50351073-10190731-image-a-8_1636632364282.jpg

50351071-10190731-image-a-41_1636632480061.jpg

50351067-10190731-image-a-13_1636632364367.jpg

50351075-10190731-image-a-21_1636632364376.jpg

50351077-10190731-image-a-26_1636632364389.jpg

50351057-10190731-image-a-29_1636632364392.jpg

50351079-10190731-image-a-33_1636632364397.jpg

50351061-10190731-image-a-34_1636632364397.jpg

50351063-10190731-image-a-38_1636632364401.jpg

50351059-10190731-image-a-15_1636632364369.jpg

In every single image he looks like a cunt.

Instead of going to the TFL website, i would highly recommend the City Mapper app. It tells you exactly how to get home, via several routes, and seems to know every single closure or disruption going and how to avoid them. It also tells you the quickest route, cheapest route etc etc.

However no amount of apps, lighting, or bus stops that are functional will stop the problem of wrong un's lurking in the night up to no good.
would seem people are very quick to look/blame for issues when common sense can provide a solution.
correct me if I am wrong - 3/37/196 services are the ones that stop outside ritzy?
3 - you can catch by brixton rd /Police station stop
37 - you can catch just up form McDonakds on Acre lane
196 - you can catch by the academy.

all within 2-5 min walk from the closed stop outside the Ritzy.

Even for you - that's fucking stupid.
Grow up
even for me? I'm 60 years old and in my teen age / younger years ideas of personal safety were informed by The Yorkshire ripper. I took part in reclaim the night marches in the 80s. That 100 yards to the next bus stop are not very well lit past long private gardens and the stop itself in front of trees and closed carparks. I plan all my routes after dark with such things in mind and always have. Perhaps being a man you have never noticed. Perhaps someone will come along with some violence against women / femicide stats and low rape conviction stats.

Fuck right off your stupid ideas boy and get your some education and awareness.

you can fuck off too

even for me? I'm 60 years old and in my teen age / younger years ideas of personal safety were informed by The Yorkshire ripper. I took part in reclaim the night marches in the 80s. That 100 yards to the next bus stop are not very well lit past long private gardens and the stop itself in front of trees and closed carparks. I plan all my routes after dark with such things in mind and always have. Perhaps being a man you have never noticed. Perhaps someone will come along with some violence against women / femicide stats and low rape conviction stats.

Fuck right off your stupid ideas boy and get your some education and awareness
Couldn't give a fucking shit how old you are or what you've reported to have done.
Bringing Sarah Everard into a discussion when it has zero relevancy is crass and insensitive.

Education and awareness - the irony.

I'm also not happy about the accessibility of the moved bus stops in what is supposed to be a transport system moving towards betterment in this area.
Why would you get the bus instead of take your car if you have any issues impacting on mobility at all?

Why would you get the bus instead of take your car if you have any issues impacting on mobility at all?
Forgive my lack of nuance but is that a facetious* question? I didn't get much sleep last night so my head fells like its in the mud.

*as in deliberately highlighting a problematic assumption.

Couldn't give a fucking shit how old you are or what you've reported to have done.
Bringing Sarah Everard into a discussion when it has zero relevancy is crass and insensitive.

Education and awareness - the irony.
obviously you don't give a shit about womens / public safety. If you cant see the link I really cant help you.

Back
Top Bottom