Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this Gramsci too dire a report for me to put a like on it....

Where's Lib Peck with her Mayoral Office salary?

She is around but Joe public is being kept at a distance.

I've heard that the Council is formulating a "Serious Youth Violence Ten Year Plan" based on the the Scottish Violence reduction programme.

Meetings on it have started. But the community has yet to be asked what they think.

The meetings are what was termed "hierarchy" meetings. Meeting of top police officers, senior managers in housing senior managers in social services and managers in Council services.

So this Scottish violence reduction idea ,which is meant to deal with this problem like a public health issue. has at this time no community input.

Its top down social programme.

Just noticed police search teams leaving the garden of the Domino Club.

2019-07-01_152345.jpg

Update: Brixton’s Coldharbour Lane remains closed after Saturday’s murder. Major bus disruption in the area

Did hear that police were asking people their name and address in order to get into and out of the cordon and writing it down. Didn't happen to me. Anyone else?

The photo in the Buzz piece looks like that was happening.

Intrusive imo. Nor do I think the police have to the right to do that.

Pretty sure that's what I saw this afternoon at both ends.

Yes that's what I heard. It was happening from Monday. I missed it as left early and came back late when road had been re opened.

I'm not happy about this. My partner said they were noting down names and addresses.

This is typical police general intelligence gathering.

I don't think they even said why they were noting down this info.

Reactions: CH1
twats.jpg

And you are the posh fucks flogging £1,100 annual memberships in one of the most deprived wards in London, as well as £1,500 luxury 7-day yoga 'retreats' in Spain.

She is around but Joe public is being kept at a distance.

I've heard that the Council is formulating a "Serious Youth Violence Ten Year Plan" based on the the Scottish Violence reduction programme.

Meetings on it have started. But the community has yet to be asked what they think.

The meetings are what was termed "hierarchy" meetings. Meeting of top police officers, senior managers in housing senior managers in social services and managers in Council services.

So this Scottish violence reduction idea ,which is meant to deal with this problem like a public health issue. has at this time no community input.

Its top down social programme.
There was quite a lot of community engagement at this end when the kid was stabbed in the Tulse Hill estate. From the police and the council. There are a number of projects that already exist that have been spoken to round here, and there were a series of public meetings- they invited people through local schools and activities.

At 19.00 on Saturday 29 June 2019, a Section 60 (Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994) Stop and Search power was authorised by one Inspector Sims "owing to various incidents of violence and intelligence received".

This period of authorisation expired at 04.00 on Sunday 30 June 2019 and covered the area outlined within the red lines (see below).

D-Q-ObRXkAA6l3s.jpg

(Source: Twitter)

Has Inspector Sims (or anyone else from the Metropolitan Police) given details of what this actually achieved?

At 19.00 on Saturday 29 June 2019, a Section 60 (Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994) Stop and Search power was authorised by one Inspector Sims "owing to various incidents of violence and intelligence received".

This period of authorisation expired at 04.00 on Sunday 30 June 2019 and covered the area outlined within the red lines (see below).

D-Q-ObRXkAA6l3s.jpg

Has Inspector Sims (or anyone else from the Metropolitan Police) given details of what this actually achieved?

Yes, it is all publicly available information. Why don't you Google this stuff sometimes, eh?

Stop and search dashboard | The Met

Perhaps this lot can give an account to the community? The area seems mainly Larkhall Ward - and these are the councillors:

Councillor Tina Valcarcel
Labour
Deputy Cabinet Member (Disability)
valcaret.jpg
Councillor Andy Wilson
Labour
Cabinet Member for Finance and Performance
wilson.jpg
Councillor Timothy Windle
Labour
white.jpg

Yes, it is all publicly available information. Why don't you Google this stuff sometimes, eh?

Stop and search dashboard | The Met

Thank you for drawing attention to this information.

The figures to which you draw attention cover the period to the end of May 2019.

It is unclear how this explains what the operation between 19.00 on Saturday 29 June 2019 and 04.00 on Sunday 30 June 2019 achieved.

Did editor say it had never been seen before? I don’t think so. I mean we all know Donal MacIntyre did it back in the early 00s.

Remember him being in tears near Burton Lane after he lost his camera crew just round the back of our place....

D-Q-ObRXkAA6l3s.jpg

Have you contacted him/them to find out?

Two men with briefcases and suits walk down Coldharbour Lane. Shock horror. Never been seen before.....
Yes, it's always been like that hasn't it?

Oh wait. :facepalm::rolleyes:

Sorry that the point has flown straight over your head, although elsewhere people seem to have no problem understanding what such an image represents.

Remember him being in tears near Burton Lane after he lost his camera crew just round the back of our place....
God, that show was an embarrassment. He was so desperate to get mugged to prove his point that Brixton was full of nasty people that he may as well gone around with a big sign saying, "PLLLLLEASE MUG ME!"

Yes, it's always been like that hasn't it?

Oh wait. :facepalm::rolleyes:

Sorry that the point has flown straight over your head, although elsewhere people seem to have no problem understanding what such an image represents.

Yes, I'm not very bright, so please explain what it represents....

Yes, I'm not very bright, so please explain what it represents....
You know how Cliff Richard had a walking talking living doll? Well, these are walking talking totems of gentrification.

Can you work out why some locals may not be thrilled to see them?

God, that show was an embarrassment. He was so desperate to get mugged to prove his point that Brixton was full of nasty people that he may as well gone around with a big sign saying, "PLLLLLEASE MUG ME!"

As far as I can remember the bloke only nicked his bag to try to get him to fuck off... :hmm::facepalm::D

You know how Cliff Richard had a walking talking living doll? Well, these are walking talking totems of gentrification.

It’s not like you to label someone without knowing them or speaking to them.

I’m local. I’m cool with people walking down Coldharbour Lane, irrespective of what they wear .

What the fuckity fuck is this in Meat Liquor?

Unit 12 is the latest live music venue and concept to come out of Brixton Market. With the team responsible for booking revolution ‘liv.LIVE’ programming artists and drinks served by the people behind the bar at Printworks, this is fast becoming the most exciting place to see live music in South London. "

They have one gig booked.

UNIT 12

Actual LOL at even more irrational, frothy-mouthed apoplexy than usual.

If being employed (regardless of whether your role requires that a suit be worn), if taking care of one's appearance and if walking down a street in Brixton rather than racing down it in a car at 50 mph are all now seen as negative, there is clearly no hope for the next generation who desperately need positive role models to demonstrate that there are viable alternatives to the stabbings, crashes and drunken behaviour that presently afflict Coldharbour Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom