Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was either, but the incident ended right next to it.

All I mean to say re those conditions is that management of the club don't care, and the council don't want to do anything either. Whether that's of any relevance to this incident is clearly a totally different question.

Anyone know anything about closure notices wrt anti social behaviour ?
I am not talking about buildings but public open spaces.
notices have gone up around the open public space that is part of the so called 'oval quarter' saying that a closure notice has been applied for by the met police for the area on the grounds that it is likely that public nuisance and anti social behaviour may occur there From the map supplied it looks like other public spaces are also gonna get the same treatment.....are they seriously considering restricting access ?

notices have gone up around the open public space that is part of the so called 'oval quarter' saying that a closure notice has been applied for by the met police for the area on the grounds that it is likely that public nuisance and anti social behaviour may occur there From the map supplied it looks like other public spaces are also gonna get the same treatment.....are they seriously considering restricting access ?
Gotta protect the places where the smart money buys.

camberwell-submarine-06.jpg

Can you take a pic of the notice, please?

They are jumping the gun This is normal in places such as Chicago. But as far as I was aware Boris isn't in yet.

Talk at Myatts Field Park fete was that the closure notice related to either intelligence about a Rave proposed Or it was to help managed some street BBQs in the Estates that had previously become Events with many people and unlicensed food and alcohol sales. Either likely to cause disturbance and attract trouble.

Talk at Myatts Field Park fete was that the closure notice related to either intelligence about a Rave proposed Or it was to help managed some street BBQs in the Estates that had previously become Events with many people and unlicensed food and alcohol sales. Either likely to cause disturbance and attract trouble.
Sounds like rubbish to me. Nevertheless I wonder if they will do one for Moorland road? There have been major scares there before with school kids from the Academy.

In any case who would enforce these exclusions?. Maybe the newly re-uniformed council enforcement officers formerly traffic wardens.

Sounds like rubbish to me.

In any case who would enforce these exclusions?. Maybe the newly re-uniformed council enforcement officers formerly traffic wardens.
The Order gives the police power to disperse groups or arrest without the need to be specific about disturbance of the peace or Affray offences, as far as I understand it.

The Order gives the police power to disperse groups or arrest without the need to be specific about disturbance of the peace or Affray offences, as far as I understand it.
Sounds like a technocratic version of the Riot Act to me.

Following the murder a couple of observations.

The general level of violence around LJ and Brixton area came up in conversation today.

Someone's teenage son was approached by another teenager who held a knife to him and asked what gang he was in. This teenager isn't involved in gangs. He told his mother afterwards he doesn't like going out. He feels safer at home on the computer. Staying in contact with friends that way. This goes for his friends. Who aren't involved in gangs. Basically teenagers live under a curfew or don't feel safe in certain parts of LJ and Brixton. Even if they avoid gangs.

I was helping at stall in Rec on Saturday. We were asking parents and children what activities they would like in the Rec.

I noticed not a lot of teenagers. Afewee boxing/ Football club does cater for local young people. Two

A few young people told me a few weeks ago they would like more daytime classes. As its not safe in evenings to go home if you are younger adult/ teenager in some areas.

The teenage son told his mother that as an adult she didn't know what it was like out there on the streets.

Another thing that came up on the stall was that so much activities / support for young people has been cut.

Last edited:
"Update: The BBC is reporting that "two men, aged 62 and 66, have been arrested on suspicion of murder."
I notice that the fact the deceased 54-your old man had in fact been arrested by the police who arrived on the scene.

When he subsequently died in hospital, he was in fact in police custody, and as a result, the police have referred the case to the Metropolitan Police's Directorate of Professional Standards and the 'Independent' Office for Police Conduct, which they say is standard procedure.

"Following the murder a couple of observations.

The general level of violence around LJ and Brixton area came up in conversation today ...

... Basically teenagers live under a curfew or don't feel safe in certain parts of LJ and Brixton. Even if they avoid gangs ...

... Another thing that came up on the stall was that so much activities / support for young people has been cut."

While I do not doubt the urgency and sincerity of the reported observations, I note that the deceased - presumably the police will name him - was 54 years old, and the two persons arrested on suspicion of murdering him are reproted to be aged 62 and 66.

Presumably, this emphasises the need for suitable 'role models' to set an example to vulnerable children.

Reactions: CH1
Still closed now. I understand that a crime scene needs to be protected for evidence, but this seems to be taking an awful long time and I haven't seen any activity in the street at all.

Still closed now. I understand that a crime scene needs to be protected for evidence, but this seems to be taking an awful long time and I haven't seen any activity in the street at all.

Presumably with all the grief to sort out from this weekend scene of crime people are stretched beyond the limit....

The general level of violence around LJ and Brixton area came up in conversation today.

Someone's teenage son was approached by another teenager who held a knife to him and asked what gang he was in. This teenager isn't involved in gangs. He told his mother afterwards he doesn't like going out. He feels safer at home on the computer. Staying in contact with friends that way. This goes for his friends. Who aren't involved in gangs. Basically teenagers live under a curfew or don't feel safe in certain parts of LJ and Brixton. Even if they avoid gangs.

I was helping at stall in Rec on Saturday. We were asking parents and children what activities they would like in the Rec.

I noticed not a lot of teenagers. Afewee boxing/ Football club does cater for local young people. Two

A few young people told me a few weeks ago they would like more daytime classes. As its not safe in evenings to go home if you are younger adult/ teenager in some areas.

The teenage son told his mother that as an adult she didn't know what it was like out there on the streets.

Another thing that came up on the stall was that so much activities / support for young people has been cut.

Thanks for this Gramsci too dire a report for me to put a like on it....

Where's Lib Peck with her Mayoral Office salary?

Maybe I could post this on Buzz as a talking point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom