Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked for id at plan b and they accepted a debit card tbh

I was at a birthday do in Blues Kitchen. Was there till closing time and then a large group of us went to Market House next door. I wasn't asked for ID and not sure the others were, they are regulars and knew the security staff. I could easily have been mistaken as the father for almost everyone else in our group. Maybe that explains why.

He said he was worried about it....
Everyone should be worried about having their passport scanned in at a club and the details put into a privately run database. Doesn't it bother you?

Data breaches and hacks happen every day and I have little faith in such companieds holding my data securely forever.

I was at a birthday do in Blues Kitchen. Was there till closing time and then a large group of us went to Market House next door. I wasn't asked for ID and not sure the others were, they are regulars and knew the security staff. I could easily have been mistaken as the father for almost everyone else in our group. Maybe that explains why.
It's not about age at all - it's becoming like the USA where you can be 80 years old and still only get in a bar if you produce valid ID.

And this is why more and more it's a cans from the offie and spotify kind of night.
It's generally OK in the week and Sundays - places like the Albert and the Dogstar generally don't ask for ID, although Phonox and the Electric, for example, always demand photo ID.

Everyone should be worried about having their passport scanned in at a club and the details put into a privately run database. Doesn't it bother you?

Data breaches and hacks happen every day and I have little faith in such companieds holding my data securely forever.

No, you are totally right - you/we are handing very sensitive pii to a bunch of muppets.

Scan of passport / driving license would be very useful for all sorts of bad stuff.

Does anyone know the name of the company providing the terminal ?

Here is an example of a data protection notice from this type of product
http://koko.uk.com/files/idterms.pdf

Doesn't seem wildly unreasonable.

Alex

Last edited:
There was something of a Biblical cloud over Brixton an hour or so ago!

View attachment 115320
I managed to keep just ahead of it on my journey coming from Chelsea. It was ridiculously dark for 7 pm and looking menacing but I managed to avoid the rain. Started pouring down five minutes after I made it home. One advantage of travelling west to east.

I saw some camera-lovin' all-struttin'n'poutin' bloke parading around in front of the cameras on Atlantic Road earlier and he's now being filmed charging into the Dogstar with an entourage of PLEASE LOOK AT ME hangers-on in his wake. Apparently it's some bloke from whatever that terrible cod-reality Chelsea show is.

2017-09-09_013523.jpg

Given that we touched on data privacy in this thread, I may as well plug this free service which tells you how often hackers have got into a database which your info is in Have I been pwned? Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach It's amazing how often it happens. 18 times for me so far.
Surely that is an advert? Experian and equifax and use this line to get you to sign up for a monthly fee.

Seems in my own case my details have been hacked and sold on because someone opened a BT account in my name giving both my address and theirs (linked addresses). So now even without me buying anything on credit myself I have the privilege of having my details auctioned off in a data breach.

Equifax hack: 44 million Britons' personal details feared stolen in major US data breach

Where is best to get fish these days? I thought Ilias had a good reputation but haven't been impressed with what we've had from them.

Where is best to get fish these days? I thought Ilias had a good reputation but haven't been impressed with what we've had from them.

We go to Jeffrey's since LS Mash closed. Next to Franco Manca. It's actually better than Mash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom