Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the absence of Mash that had me at a loss, yes. Will give Jeffrey's a go next time, thanks.

Pamir sign is gone

del-jpg.69221

All very well - but what do you do if you have 18 references to you floating around the ether?
Maybe change your name and the land registry details on your flat or house (if it's still yours)????
I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by 18 references? Is this a credit file problem?

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by 18 references? Is this a credit file problem?
What I mean is that if you "join" Experian, Equifax and Clearscore they continually bombard you with emails about your email address and financial details being leaked and sold on the internet etc. And requesting you take out an account with them of £10 per month, or whatever.

In my opinion this is an industry which operates somewhat like the AntiVirus industry (only the main participants are 10 times as expensive as AV software).

What I'm saying is this: if you take one of the online tests and find you are vulnerable what can you do except take out a subscription to XYZ Credit Resolution? The clever bit is that there is a free trail month, after which you have to cancel (via a call centre who try to persuade you not to - but to pay them £10 per month indefinitely). This is a marketing ploy based on fear uncertainty and doubt.

Moreover in the case of Equifax, who did enable someone to fraudulently damage my credit position, they are paid by BT to provide credit reference services, then they seek to get paid by me - who they have screwed.

Add to this Equifax themselves have been hacked - and won't tell "customers" who have been affected.

What I mean is that if you "join" Experian, Equifax and Clearscore they continually bombard you with emails about your email address and financial details being leaked and sold on the internet etc. And requesting you take out an account with them of £10 per month, or whatever.

In my opinion this is an industry which operates somewhat like the AntiVirus industry (only the main participants are 10 times as expensive as AV software).

What I'm saying is this: if you take one of the online tests and find you are vulnerable what can you do except take out a subscription to XYZ Credit Resolution? The clever bit is that there is a free trail month, after which you have to cancel (via a call centre who try to persuade you not to - but to pay them £10 per month indefinitely). This is a marketing ploy based on fear uncertainty and doubt.

Moreover in the case of Equifax, who did enable someone to fraudulently damage my credit position, they are paid by BT to provide credit reference services, then they seek to get paid by me - who they have screwed.

Add to this Equifax themselves have been hacked - and won't tell "customers" who have been affected.
Interesting stuff, why don't start a thread? this has moved beyond a local Brixton issue

Reactions: CH1
There is a free one, called Noddle or something similar. I just get one monthly email of any activity on the account

There is a free one, called Noddle or something similar. I just get one monthly email of any activity on the account
These people Identity fraud and identity theft did suggest Noddle to me - but it still comes back to you yourself having to challenge the fraudulent information when a fraud occurs. The web sites - including Action Fraud will not instigate police action on your behalf, nor do they apparently expect you to go to the Police. Rather the local police refer you to Action Fraud.

It seems to me that if money goes missing - if things work out well it just gets replaced and the banks etc then pass a claim on to their insurers.

Maybe the police department who monitor Action Fraud (which is actually a division of Capita) might catch a few of the bigger fish by aggregating information. If so they hardly broadcast their successes!

Open letter to Lib Peck, Chuka Umunna, Kate Hoey and Helen Hayes

Letter to MPs and Council leader concerning Clavia - the single parent evicted by Council.

Letter says the Council should do more to assist people with the complex benefits system. That Clavia is the tip of the iceberg re housing benefit claims. Particularly for those topping up low wages with housing benefit claims.
Buzzed: Clavia eviction: campaigners post open letter to Lib Peck, Chuka Umunna, Kate Hoey and Helen Hayes

Petition here: Rehouse Clavia | Campaigns by You

So the Design Festival lot get to use the space which the Food Court was kicked out of.

View attachment 115683

They have been getting to use many spaces that are not available to others. The tunnel between Atlantic Road and Station Road being another example. The units in there are being used as small spaces, very similar to the 'Small' shops on Atlantic Road that have all been evicted.

What would be instructive is an explanation of why the "design festival lot" got to use the space the food court "was kicked out of". Under what circumstances and conditions the "design festival lot" can use the space and why the food court didn't meet these conditions and so were kicked out. What differentiates the two, if anything? And therefore is one being treated unfairly while the other gets preferential treatment.

But I don't think that kind of analysis is what anybody is about here

What would be instructive is an explanation of why the "design festival lot" got to use the space the food court "was kicked out of". Under what circumstances and conditions the "design festival lot" can use the space and why the food court didn't meet these conditions and so were kicked out. What differentiates the two, if anything? And therefore is one being treated unfairly while the other gets preferential treatment.

But I don't think that kind of analysis is what anybody is about here
I'm so sorry I didn't file a full report for you, or offer an in-depth analysis. You see, I just quickly passed by and grabbed the shot and then wondered how they got to use the space. Thought others might be interested too so posted it here. Not every post has to be a full length feature in a chat thread.

But now you're here and clearly so interested, why don't you pop off and do some research to share here instead of expecting me to do it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom