Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat - September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so out of order. Where I used to live we had a real problem with parties next door - we couldn't hear the Tv and the floor would shake. Admittedly we had to to stay up until 6 am (but couldn't sleep anyway) but they would come and monitor it and shut them down. This would be parties that I had already been to and politely asked to turn it down. These days we'd need several neighbours to complain with us over a period of time which is shit. Also wasting police time of people do need to complain

What I don't understand is how this would work. My understanding was that noise complaints had to be " verified". That is someone from noise team came down to record the noise level. If it was above certain level then it was independently verified noise complaint which could be acted on. If now Council don't do this how will ongoing noise nuisance be dealt with? It's not a police matter as far as I know. Plus I'm sure the Police have other matters to deal with. All these "austerity" cuts man that police have been dumped with these social problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom