Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Brigade were called at 4.08. Railton is the LTN, we get fire engines belting down the road all the time as it’s so clear. Compete rubbish that they were delayed. That post on Twitter needs to be reported
I noticed that the Brixton L account was retweeting stuff from OneTowerHamlets fat shaming two female and 1 male known cyclists. Charming stuff.

I noticed that the Brixton L account was retweeting stuff from OneTowerHamlets fat shaming two female and 1 male known cyclists. Charming stuff.
I happen to know that the owner of that account lives inside a private gated community inside the LTN as well, and drives a car, hence fulfilling the full definition of hypocrisy, which is to campaign to deny to other people something (in his case, a life free from traffic noise and pollution) that he benefits from himself.

I happen to know that the owner of that account lives inside a private gated community inside the LTN as well, and drives a car, hence fulfilling the full definition of hypocrisy, which is to campaign to deny to other people something (in his case, a life free from traffic noise and pollution) that he benefits from himself.
As well as, obviously, playing his part in imposing traffic on others through his use of a car.

Skip lorries just covering their rear numberplates and driving through the camera controlled sections anyway. Took a photo of one this morning

Both I guess as obscuring number plates is illegal but Lambeth would deal with the camera fines. Anyway it was Lambeth that acted on it in my case (although maybe because it was one of their own?), I never reported it to the police

I’ve reported to both before and to be fair the police were keen to take it further but I don’t know the outcome. Lambeth put it into the too difficult pile (or the exception list as it’s known). This appears to be a more regular thing. A cctv camera on the opposite site would probably help and might have the bonus on improving safety/security. £100 fine if you cover your plates

Hang on - this is the “greens must wear hair shirts or we will ridicule them” argument - it’s a fallacy.

Anti and pro ltn campaigners are allowed to drive cars or ride bikes and this doesn’t make them a hipocrite.

Hang on - this is the “greens must wear hair shirts or we will ridicule them” argument - it’s a fallacy.

Anti and pro ltn campaigners are allowed to drive cars or ride bikes and this doesn’t make them a hipocrite.
I'm not really trying to say that. What I mean is that if someone lives inside a private gated community and campaigns against the benefits of an LTN being extended to those in their wider area, then they're a hypocrite. Especially so if, as he does, you throw around words like "enclosure" and "privatisation".

I'm not sure where they got the suggest that the fire engines were delayed - haven't seen that anywhere.
looks as though the fire was purposely set "Detectives have begun a murder investigation after a woman was found dead following a house fire in Lambeth." making the comments from the antis even worse

Not suspended, even though that's at least their second offence.

I imagine any campaign with the single mission of protecting disabled people's rights and nothing else is going to get done for doxxing a couple of times, right? Only natural.

So with the Ferndale LTN consultation I was thinking that we hadn’t heard much recently about delays/congestion in that area.

Collateral Dama?
It’s still congested at times, new rush hours at various times including for Ubers at the weekends. Noise and arguments still happening - the increased traffic on Ferndale Road West as the only entry/exit is not nice for peoples mental health.

Back
Top Bottom