Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

You know how people put their birth year after their name sometimes... well I think that might explain what's going on here.

Anyway, great to know we can have a reasonable debate with people who compare a generational dictatorship with an open liberal democracy. I'm sure these people and the organisations they officially represent will reach a very high standard of reasonable debate with such comparisons.

Also from what I know, North Korea doesn't have much in the way of traffic problems, pretty empty the roads there and I doubt there are any LTNs, cycle or bus lanes. We'd actually be making our roads more similar to NK if we removed these things wouldn't we?

Prominent OneLambeth member here blaming a driver driving at speed on the wrong side of the road on Leigham Court Road on them being frustrated by LTNs. On Streatham Mums Facebook group no less!

9B6A6BC5-6210-4678-A967-62E83F9F5BC6.jpeg

This is what I remember growing up as well. No issues parking anywhere, not a lot of traffic and not cars absolutely everywhere. It’s almost like there’s tons more cars and that’s the problem!

I grew up in Berkshire in the 1980s and visited London to see relatives reasonably often and the only time the roads were really clear was for Christmas Day - and I have definitely noticed hugely increasing levels of traffic on christmas day over the decades (still not congested but when I was a child there was very few other people driving, now there's plenty of others around, pre-pandemic obv).

I remember my dad working at heathrow would work 7-3 to avoid the morning traffic. Rush hour was always 7am-10am in the morning and 4pm-7pm in the evening and the middle of the day wasn't great either. There must be data on average traffic speeds that's actually at least fairly objective but I remember London always being traffic heavy.

Isn't that the same group where 40 angry mums sent you packing so badly with their own experiences after pedding some LTN info you deleted all your posts?
I was pointing out that OneLambeth was rather objectionable & that the OneWandsworth founder was spreading lies. They deleted their post so mine went. I shouldn’t have gotten involved but you’ve seen what lies some spread on there and how some rant against cyclists.

Last edited:
I was pointing out that OneLambeth was rather objectionable & that the OneWandsworth founder was spreading lies. They deleted their post so mine went. I shouldn’t have gotten involved but you’ve seen what lies some spread on there and how some rant against cyclists.

Bullshit

The whole thread is still there. I remember it because I recognised the name of the man you quoted above. You replied as your own comment int he thread, not as a reply to someone else. I remember as its still one of the contraversial topics of the group

S1.jpg

The only person who could have removed your comment was you or the admins...and the admins confirmed they didn't touch it shortly adter you deleted it

S2.jpg

Happy to post other peoples comments for 'look at the dummy' reassurance with your mates..........but delete your own comments when you get steam rolled by a mob of angry mums. Guess its not a good look on a mums network with 20k members eh

Last edited:
Yes, I clearly meant that 20,000 mums blocked one person.

Well thing it through, all of a sudden a post has disappeared for everyone. Was one person blocked or was a post deleted?

Admins confirmed it was deleted but can likely still see the text as admins, or at the least have a user activity record

Last edited:
As said I prob shouldn’t have got involved but it was to call out accusations on ethnic cleansing which too may seem happy to defend or ignore. Not good.

Tim Briggs having a normal one here retweeting some weird anti-cycling rant.

“Hunt them out”!

“They are the enemy”!

May seem funny but this shit really does influence and encourage dangerous drivers and put people’s lives at risk.

5829DBEE-834F-46C4-B889-7586D57B3209.jpeg

Tim Briggs having a normal one here retweeting some weird anti-cycling rant.

“Hunt them out”!

“They are the enemy”!

May seem funny but this shit really does influence and encourage dangerous drivers and put people’s lives at risk.

View attachment 306944
Is just fucking hilarious.

I do wonder if anyone thinks that is actually written by anyone working for more sustainable transport systems. I'd like to assume no-one would but I know there will be done who think this is like a genuine internal document from LCC or Sustrans or someone.

Also I'll never understand why the idea of a 15 minute neighbourhood is bad? I think it's great that i can get most of what I need within a 15-20 minute walk rather than having to drive half an hour to get out of some American style suburban to get to some shops. I wouldn't change that and having a local high street is great and part of the reason i moved to the area of Birmingham I did.

Why wouldn't you want that? It's bizarre if you ask me, and i bet the same people who wrote that get all concerned about their local high street and the effects of LTN on trade etc but really a local high street is the core of a 15 minute neighbourhood, and encouraging people to stay and shop locally is good for a local high street.

I do wonder if anyone thinks that is actually written by anyone working for more sustainable transport systems. I'd like to assume no-one would but I know there will be done who think this is like a genuine internal document from LCC or Sustrans or someone.

Also I'll never understand why the idea of a 15 minute neighbourhood is bad? I think it's great that i can get most of what I need within a 15-20 minute walk rather than having to drive half an hour to get out of some American style suburban to get to some shops. I wouldn't change that and having a local high street is great and part of the reason i moved to the area of Birmingham I did.

Why wouldn't you want that? It's bizarre if you ask me, and i bet the same people who wrote that get all concerned about their local high street and the effects of LTN on trade etc but really a local high street is the core of a 15 minute neighbourhood, and encouraging people to stay and shop locally is good for a local high street.
Because:

a) Lots of people have been sold the lie that cars equal freedom, have got themselves into huge amounts of debt as a result, and now need to justify that mistake to themselves

And

b) Lots of people are lazy cunts

It shows the measure of Cllr Briggs that he chose to retweet that nonsense. Abbeville Rd would benefit a ton from reduced through traffic but Briggs would prefer to play to some bizarre OneLambeth type audience than look to improve his ward.

Prominent OneLambeth member here blaming a driver driving at speed on the wrong side of the road on Leigham Court Road on them being frustrated by LTNs. On Streatham Mums Facebook group no less!

View attachment 306611
I honestly saw one mum on there direct her ire, regarding her son almost being run over, towards the LTNs rather than the motorcyclist who chose to ride on the pavement (where said son was) to avoid a slightly longer route. I mean how low are people’s standards for motorists’ impulse control and frustration tolerance? Quite worrying really :D

Certain sections of SMN are hardly a bastion of balanced and nuanced thinking.

I’m starting to think these anti types might just simply be really fucking stupid.

Or just in some weird spiral of denial. Repeatedly posting the same static image showing a short lived queue in one direction in response to multiple videos at different times showing the road clear (and accusing the video poster of “cherry picking”)

Back
Top Bottom