Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

He has been for some time, mentioned further back in the thread at various points. For his own ward, in the posh-ish bit of clapham near Abbeville Rd etc.

Presumably he’s in favour of his voters driving through other areas, and against anyone else driving through his area.

I see one of the loudest Onesies is over on next door "railing" against a new pedestrian crossing on Streatham High Road. By "colluding" do they actually mean "co-ordination", with work on the main roads as well as the side streets to improve safety and convenience for people walking and cycling? It really is all a massive conspiracy.

streatham next door.png

Apparently the TfL work has been long in the planning, even before Lambeth put in any LTNs so difficult to see how they could be colluding.
I just don't get it, if cash strapped TfL have identified a project that could save lives and serious injuries, how is that not something good?

I see one of the loudest Onesies is over on next door "railing" against a new pedestrian crossing on Streatham High Road. By "colluding" do they actually mean "co-ordination", with work on the main roads as well as the side streets to improve safety and convenience for people walking and cycling? It really is all a massive conspiracy.

View attachment 303866
Think his paranoia has grown through the year, particularly as their doomed approach to answering a questionnaire probably meant they were excluded. To be fair to him, he’s been consistent and open to debate which is how it should be, unlike all those anonymous Twitter accounts

Any of our resident onesies care to comment on this:

One example of this saw the Railton consultation receive over 600 responses submitted one after another from 3am until 1pm on one day – around one a minute for ten hours straight, all with identical formatting in the free text box asking for the first line of their address and no email address provided.

To make matters worse, those responsible were apparently intent on distorting and misrepresenting the opinions of under-represented non-white and LGBTQ+ Lambeth residents, as they had recorded these fake responses as being almost entirely from people whose ethnicity was not white and who identified as LGBTQ+.

The poster who was briefly on here with the weird font, Yuk! was their favourite ending is now popping up on Twitter. They haven’t mellowed

Big day in court next week. The appeal on the judicial review. I was fairly sure the basis of the appeal was whether Lambeth could use a rolling EQIA (unless I’m mistaken). If they win, presumably, rolling EQIA’s should not be used but as Lambeth now have an updated one for the permanent schemes, it’s academic. Only £8550 raised so far though out of £14500 needed. Big bill for someone….

Any of our resident onesies care to comment on this:

It’s a(nother) massive corrupt conspiracy that…er…somebody has actually read the Lambeth Labour page on the link in the tweet that they'd screenshotted.

90E073F1-8239-413C-B3E8-0FD4CAC7955A.jpeg
4ECA8D31-686D-4DB0-AFA6-2622B6C04648.jpeg

Last edited:
This is exciting

Hopefully the council will have enough money to really transform some areas.

“In both LTNs there will be exceptions for Blue Badge holders who are reliant on driving, being driven or on visitors who arrive by car. Taxis and fully accessible private hire vehicles will also be exempt along with rapid response healthcare providers and the emergency services.”

👍

“In both LTNs there will be exceptions for Blue Badge holders who are reliant on driving, being driven or on visitors who arrive by car. Taxis and fully accessible private hire vehicles will also be exempt along with rapid response healthcare providers and the emergency services.”

👍
Surely no need for the court case now, right?

right? ;-/

The onesies don’t give a toss about blue badge holders of disabled people
Their narrative definitely seems to have gone away from this and now seems to be concern for pollution on boundary roads - as if the people campaigning for LTNs aren’t also in favour of measures to reduce this eg. ULEZ etc

It’s been exhausting how the opposition keeps coming up with changing concerns and bad faith arguments.

We should have been doing these measures decades ago like the Dutch but glad they’re becoming mainstream finally.

I'm no fan of the antis, but if this is true I could see it being interpreted as "big brother" stomping on the face of the plucky democratic antis.

Surely the Stop LTN placards are a useful way to mark out the residents worth talking to if/when the authorities go round making enquiries about the repeated vandalism?

I agree ... but it may be that once someone reports it, Lambeth are obliged to treat it like any other planning enforcement enquiry and send a letter (whether or not they then go on to actually enforce it).
Good point - there's online reporting so that's probably more likely than the council doing it off it's own back:

Most other sign boards (estate agent ones; party political ones at elections; school fairs) come down after the event ends.

If anyone is allowed to erect permanent signs for any reason without enforcement, then it opens chances for more people to do the same. So I agree that if people have complained the council really should treat it as a standard enforcement complaint otherwise it sets a precedent.

Back
Top Bottom